Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

If I were neutral I would be roaring for Tipp today and I intend to do that if they get to the final.

But I am hoping that the normal order of all things football is restored in this match and then overturned in the next one.  :D

C'mon Mayo!

MWWSI 2017

highorlow

Ah no. The neutrals are back on our side again this year.

Tipp won't know what will have hit them today in the 1st twenty mins. We will do it by 10-15 points.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 20, 2016, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 19, 2016, 05:30:40 PM
Think if Mayo are to win the final they need to be winning this by 5+ points. They will get no credit for inching past Tipperary, a decent victory should fill their sails with enough wind to seriously attack the final. So Mayo by 6 for me.
Such nonsense. What did we beat you lot by? Was it impressive? Did we 'up it' for the next game? Every Mayo supporter will take a one point win tomorrow. hope we're not put through the ringer like that but we're all around long enough to know that this could get hairy tomorrow for a while. However we win, I'll take it.

'Fraid I can't agree with you there.
Supposing it was Dublin or Kerry that were facing Tipp today, do you think the team or the supporters would be happy with a one point shitty win?
Especially after a string of most unpressive narrow wins over DIV 2 or lower teams.
You could put Tyrone or Monaghan or Cork there instead; any side with serious aspirations and name me one team that would wouldn't want to pysch up for the final.

I think Mayo have two big plusses going for them this year and if only the team could keep their minds on the task in front of them for the whole match instead of going off the boil at times, this could easily be the year we win the Sam Maguire.
DIarmuid is turning into the best forward I have seen in a Mayo jersey and Regan, Harrison and Durcan are shaping up very well into. The likes of Loftus and the baby bear are hanging about also so competition for places will be very sharp indeed.
But apart from the overall strengthening of the squad, Rochford/McEntee showed a sense of tactical awareness the last day that I never sawe in any Mayo manager before.
For all of this to mean anything on the third Sunday in September, Mayo will need to win in style today. The actual margin won't be as important as the manner in which Mayo go about achieving it.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

manfromdelmonte

I fear for Tipp here today.

Expect an eight point win for Mayo

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 21, 2016, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on August 20, 2016, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 19, 2016, 05:30:40 PM
Think if Mayo are to win the final they need to be winning this by 5+ points. They will get no credit for inching past Tipperary, a decent victory should fill their sails with enough wind to seriously attack the final. So Mayo by 6 for me.
Such nonsense. What did we beat you lot by? Was it impressive? Did we 'up it' for the next game? Every Mayo supporter will take a one point win tomorrow. hope we're not put through the ringer like that but we're all around long enough to know that this could get hairy tomorrow for a while. However we win, I'll take it.

'Fraid I can't agree with you there.
Supposing it was Dublin or Kerry that were facing Tipp today, do you think the team or the supporters would be happy with a one point shitty win?
Especially after a string of most unpressive narrow wins over DIV 2 or lower teams.
You could put Tyrone or Monaghan or Cork there instead; any side with serious aspirations and name me one team that would wouldn't want to pysch up for the final.

I think Mayo have two big plusses going for them this year and if only the team could keep their minds on the task in front of them for the whole match instead of going off the boil at times, this could easily be the year we win the Sam Maguire.
DIarmuid is turning into the best forward I have seen in a Mayo jersey and Regan, Harrison and Durcan are shaping up very well into. The likes of Loftus and the baby bear are hanging about also so competition for places will be very sharp indeed.
But apart from the overall strengthening of the squad, Rochford/McEntee showed a sense of tactical awareness the last day that I never sawe in any Mayo manager before.
For all of this to mean anything on the third Sunday in September, Mayo will need to win in style today. The actual margin won't be as important as the manner in which Mayo go about achieving it.

Regan can't beat Andy for a start and he should be at the prime of his career now - that says it all for me. While Diarmuid has risen as a footballer Cillian has regressed. Half a dozen of one and six of the other is the reality of it all Lar.

inexile

Really looking forward to this. Whoever wins this, I'd love to see them go on and win Sam.

Beffs

Three Tipp wides in just 5 minutes. They may regret those yet.

Zulu

manfromdelmonte

Ref has bought the Mayo appeals

Cunny Funt

mrdeeds

manfromdelmonte

Great stuff Tipp

O'Connors got that black card by talking to the ref

Fear ón Srath Bán

A Meath man atoning for the '96 Mayo guilt to the severe disadvantage of their opposition once again. Black card my arse. :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

manfromdelmonte