New Transgender Law passed in Washington State

Started by The Iceman, February 19, 2016, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

http://dailysignal.com/2016/01/04/washington-quietly-adopts-new-transgender-bathroom-locker-room-policies/

So a new law was quietly passed last month here in WA that allows anyone of any sex that identifies themselves as transgender to use any bathroom they choose.
This week a man walked in to the women's changing rooms at a local pool and undressed in front of a young girls swimming team. Staff were called and he ignored them and went swimming then came back again and used the facilities to dress and leave.  He said under the new law he was able to use whatever facilities he wanted.

There has been a lot of noise about this over here and Seattle would be the PC capital of the West coast.

But here's some questions? a straight man undresses in a woman's locker room, bits hanging out and they are in uproar.  Bruce Jenner undresses in a woman's locker room, buts hanging out and he gets woman of the year?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

foxcommander

Quote from: The Iceman on February 19, 2016, 06:51:08 PM
http://dailysignal.com/2016/01/04/washington-quietly-adopts-new-transgender-bathroom-locker-room-policies/

So a new law was quietly passed last month here in WA that allows anyone of any sex that identifies themselves as transgender to use any bathroom they choose.
This week a man walked in to the women's changing rooms at a local pool and undressed in front of a young girls swimming team. Staff were called and he ignored them and went swimming then came back again and used the facilities to dress and leave.  He said under the new law he was able to use whatever facilities he wanted.

There has been a lot of noise about this over here and Seattle would be the PC capital of the West coast.

But here's some questions? a straight man undresses in a woman's locker room, bits hanging out and they are in uproar.  Bruce Jenner undresses in a woman's locker room, buts hanging out and he gets woman of the year?

Iceman - Watch South Park, Season 18, episode 3

It's a bit messed up that law. But the PC brigade endorse it. You're a hater if you disagree

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Beffs

A company I once worked for, converted one of the bathrooms to being Unisex. There were a couple of people working there who pushed for it and, the company agreed. One of them was pre op transexual and, the others were two gay women who came in for some bitchy treatment when they used the ladies bathroom. It caused a few raised eyebrows when it came about, but after a while, it was no big deal. So its no big deal really, when its just a bathroom. But I think its a different situ in a changing room, where people are stripping off and kids are around.

Gmac

Seems like a ridiculous law  to put on the books when  0.1 % of the population claim to be transgender . I'm sure a big % of people have a phobia about changing in front of other people do they need an individual  changing room ? What about their feelings and rights.
if you have a dick go to the men's changing room or stay at home.

The Iceman

Nothing stopping any predator from freely going into a female changing room and sitting there just looking at whomever he wants...
This law applies to all public and workplace bathrooms now - supermarkets, parks, swimming pools, offices and wherever....

tell me this what do you say to your kids about these people? I had the wee ones at Target (general kind of shop sells groceries, clothes etc...) and the cashier was a man. A big man with surgical boobs, manly voice, nails done, makeup and a wig. Thankfully the kids aren't old enough to really notice - they're in their own world. But what do you say when they ask why that man is wearing a wig and makeup or has boobs....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

foxcommander

Quote from: The Iceman on February 19, 2016, 07:58:09 PM
Nothing stopping any predator from freely going into a female changing room and sitting there just looking at whomever he wants...
This law applies to all public and workplace bathrooms now - supermarkets, parks, swimming pools, offices and wherever....

Predators have rights you know. The PC brigade fully support it and will sue the S$%^ out of you if you discriminate.
Madness.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

gallsman

tell me this what do you say to your kids about these people? I had the wee ones at Target (general kind of shop sells groceries, clothes etc...) and the cashier was a man. A big man with surgical boobs, manly voice, nails done, makeup and a wig. Thankfully the kids aren't old enough to really notice - they're in their own world. But what do you say when they ask why that man is wearing a wig and makeup or has boobs....

Are you looking parenting advice? Tell them what you think is right to tell them, that's your job.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on February 19, 2016, 08:36:47 PM

Are you looking parenting advice? Tell them what you think is right to tell them, that's your job.
I'm asking what other people would tell their kids - thats why I asked.

Beffs

You could telling your kids that  that (a) it's none of their business what 'these people' (they're not lepers btw) wear or (b) people should be free to express their own individuality and personality, without judgement from others, as long as it's done in a manner that does not threaten or harm others.

This man wasn't trying to lure your kids into the bushes to have his wicked way with them, or convert them towards his 'evil' way of life. He was simply ringing up your purchases in shop. Fair play to him for having the balls to live his life as he sees fit. What does it matter what he looks like?

The Iceman

Quote from: Beffs on February 19, 2016, 08:45:43 PM

You could telling your kids that  that (a) it's none of their business what 'these people' (they're not lepers btw) wear or (b) people should be free to express their own individuality and personality, without judgement from others, as long as it's done in a manner that does not threaten or harm others.

This man wasn't trying to lure your kids into the bushes to have his wicked way with them, or convert them towards his 'evil' way of life. He was ringing up your purchases in shop. Fair play to him for having the balls to live his life as he sees fit. What does it matter what he looks like?
I didn't say he was doing any of that? I asked how you would explain a man with boobs in women's clothes? thanks for the part of your response that answered that.

Beffs

You're welcome.  ;D

This man has probably spent his whole life being beaten up, abused, insulted, derided, slagged off etc etc. I bet he spends his working day, getting 50 WTF reactions from total strangers, for not conforming to what they think is "normal". One smile from you and your kids, could have made his day. Sometimes a little tolerance & kindness can go a long way. Thus endeth the lecture !

The Iceman

Quote from: Beffs on February 19, 2016, 09:00:52 PM
You're welcome.  ;D

This man has probably spent his whole life being beaten up, abused, insulted, derided, slagged off etc etc. I bet he spends his working day, getting 50 WTF reactions from total strangers, for not conforming to what they think is "normal". One smile from you and your kids, could have made his day. Sometimes a little tolerance & kindness can go a long way. Thus endeth the lecture !
In fairness you can't make up a life for this guy. You can't presume any of that just like anyone else can't presume he would take kids off in to the bushes. As much as you say I people shouldn't be afraid of him because of their perceptions nor should you feel sorry for him based on yours?

Anyways back to the topic. As a parent I am very worried by the implications of this law.  It opens the door for anyone to go into any bathroom or locker room without challenge..... very dangerous and unneccessary

seafoid

I think kids deserve their innocence for as long as possible. And that transgender stuff is relatively new in terms of the rest of the population and that there will be teething problems but that everyone should have patience. Transgender people have a heavy cross to bear and are no different decency wise to anyone else.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

I dunno what it is like in the US but in Switzerland about one third of the ads for prostitution are for transgender with big tits and a big knob.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: Beffs on February 19, 2016, 08:45:43 PM
This man wasn't trying to lure your kids into the bushes to have his wicked way with them, or convert them towards his 'evil' way of life. He was simply ringing up your purchases in shop. Fair play to him for having the balls to live his life as he sees fit. What does it matter what he looks like?

Are you happy to have nudists serving in Target?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B