TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Very enjoyable this lads. Right in the mixer.

mrdeeds

Ref has certainly helped Cross here.

Throw ball

bennydorano

Thought O'Neill got away with a forearm smash to the defender's face myself. Good game, Silverbridge will be regretting a missed opportunity. If they avoid each other it should be Maghery v Crossmaglen in the final.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
Thought O'Neill got away with a forearm smash to the defender's face myself. Good game, Silverbridge will be regretting a missed opportunity. If they avoid each other it should be Maghery v Crossmaglen in the final.
big enough shock Clann Eireann last years winners beat today. Genuinely wide open this year Cross nowhere near the team they were

Wildweasel74

Silverbridge should won that game, run out of Steam.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 12, 2022, 12:52:39 AM

Run out of belief more like it. Decent side but haven't won a championship ever. There's an awful lot to be said for having the know how in games where you're struggling. I don't think they'll get as big a chance again to beat us in the championship

LCohen

Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
Thought O'Neill got away with a forearm smash to the defender's face myself.
Smash?

Have a look at it again. It's a whole pile of nothing.

The whole Clarke stuff is confusing though. If there is no truth in the rumour that the Committee told management to stand him down then there is some unrest around the club giving rise to competing versions

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 12, 2022, 08:08:13 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 12, 2022, 12:52:39 AM

Run out of belief more like it. Decent side but haven't won a championship ever. There's an awful lot to be said for having the know how in games where you're struggling. I don't think they'll get as big a chance again to beat us in the championship
Yeah they should have seen that game out, but when you've players as good as Rian and Cian you'll have a great chance. What is it now 4 years in a row Cross have beat the bridge? Yesterday was by far the closest they've came. Must be sick looking at yous! I agree that winning mentality or experience or belief or whatever you want to call it thats bred into Cross lads from no age always gives them that edge when games are tight.  Dromintee will give yous your fill of it the next day out and if Maghery had been playing Cross they'd have hammered them playing like that.

RandyDupree

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   18 - 09 - 2022

Naomh Conaill v Gleann tSuilí   beo
2-30pm

Ballyhale Shamrocks v Glenmore   beo
4-15pm

Armagh18

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 13, 2022, 07:40:27 AM
Quote from: general_lee on September 12, 2022, 10:02:52 PM
Quote from: RandyDupree on September 12, 2022, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 12, 2022, 09:35:03 PM
Water polo

https://twitter.com/AontroimGAA/status/1569009989477433346

Wouldn't happen in any other county. Antrim parading it as if it's something to be proud of
What wouldn't? Rain?
Dangerous that to be honest. Shouldnt have been played

The complexity of having dual clubs, both in action at senior and intermediate this week in crunch games, with a lot of players playing both. If we'd have looked at the weather forecast it could have been played under lights on the Monday night as a backup but wouldn't be privy to match arrangements, under foot I'd have thought the ground was hard and possibly why there was so much surface water, as I was on that pitch the day before and it was in great condition.

There was a load of championship games that did go ahead and had no such issues even though it was raining the whole time, I was drenched on the Sunday, I don't think players were hurt in fairness because of the conditions but have to agree that as a neutral this game was going to be a goodin, conditions were the same for both one team faired better on the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea