Author Topic: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage  (Read 365015 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: TG4 - Club Championships Coverage
« Reply #2190 on: September 13, 2022, 07:40:27 AM »
Water polo

https://twitter.com/AontroimGAA/status/1569009989477433346

Wouldn't happen in any other county. Antrim parading it as if it's something to be proud of
What wouldn’t? Rain?
Dangerous that to be honest. Shouldnt have been played

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 13, 2022, 08:55:36 AM »
Water polo

Wouldn't happen in any other county. Antrim parading it as if it's something to be proud of
What wouldn’t? Rain?

The complexity of having dual clubs, both in action at senior and intermediate this week in crunch games, with a lot of players playing both. If we'd have looked at the weather forecast it could have been played under lights on the Monday night as a backup but wouldn't be privy to match arrangements, under foot I'd have thought the ground was hard and possibly why there was so much surface water, as I was on that pitch the day before and it was in great condition.

There was a load of championship games that did go ahead and had no such issues even though it was raining the whole time, I was drenched on the Sunday, I don't think players were hurt in fairness because of the conditions but have to agree that as a neutral this game was going to be a goodin, conditions were the same for both one team faired better on the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

• View Profile
Re: Cluichí
« Reply #2192 on: September 13, 2022, 09:21:56 AM »
Dia Domhnaigh   18 - 09 - 2022

Naomh Conaill v Gleann tSuilí   beo
2-30pm

Ballyhale Shamrocks v Glenmore   beo
4-15pm

I’d say the neutral is really looking forward to this one.

toby47

• View Profile
Re: Cluichí
« Reply #2193 on: September 13, 2022, 09:22:21 AM »
Dia Domhnaigh   18 - 09 - 2022

Naomh Conaill v Gleann tSuilí   beo
2-30pm

Ballyhale Shamrocks v Glenmore   beo
4-15pm

Saturday - RTE2

Dublin SFC Quarter-Finals
Na Fianna v Whitehall, 5.15pm
Kilmacud v Cuala, 7pm

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 13, 2022, 09:33:18 PM »
I wonder will any Mayo SFC games be shown. Mayogaatv have subscriptions up until the final. I am led to believe no games can be broadcast on TV if this is the case. Or am I mistaken?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Duine Inteacht Eile

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2195 on: September 13, 2022, 09:43:35 PM »
Water polo

What wouldn’t? Rain?

The complexity of having dual clubs, both in action at senior and intermediate this week in crunch games, with a lot of players playing both. If we'd have looked at the weather forecast it could have been played under lights on the Monday night as a backup but wouldn't be privy to match arrangements, under foot I'd have thought the ground was hard and possibly why there was so much surface water, as I was on that pitch the day before and it was in great condition.

There was a load of championship games that did go ahead and had no such issues even though it was raining the whole time, I was drenched on the Sunday, I don't think players were hurt in fairness because of the conditions but have to agree that as a neutral this game was going to be a goodin, conditions were the same for both one team faired better on the day
I think the vast majority of people would have deemed that pitch unplayable in the interests of player welfare. Everything should come second to that. The better team won the game but it was a very poor decision to allow it to continue.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:11 PM »
I’m not disagreeing with you.. was there discussions to have it stoped?

Wasn’t there so can’t actually comment bar the images I’ve seen, was it that bad from the first whistle? 

I’ve only ever cancelled one game and the only game I was due to play in was at St Enda’s!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Inteacht Eile

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2197 on: September 13, 2022, 10:18:20 PM »
To my knowledge, the Rossa team doctor did speak to the referee about it. It was bad from the start but it was like it was in that video from before halftime.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 14, 2022, 08:11:01 AM »
To my knowledge, the Rossa team doctor did speak to the referee about it. It was bad from the start but it was like it was in that video from before halftime.

Did a Rossa player go on & do his cruciate?

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 14, 2022, 08:52:51 AM »

Did a Rossa player go on & do his cruciate?

Hearing that, which is awful, whether the conditions did that or not I'm not sure, couldnda helped

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 14, 2022, 01:39:16 PM »
According to yesterday's Irish News Jamie Clarke couldn't play last weekend due to Cross having a "7 day rule", which presumably prevents you from being selected for Cross if you play another sport (?) within 7 days.
If that is the case I imagine won't be much chance of seeing him play for Cross this year given his is contracted on the soccer.  So you'd wonder why he was listed in the Cross squad that was given to Armagh County Board.  All very strange.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 14, 2022, 06:29:06 PM »
According to yesterday's Irish News Jamie Clarke couldn't play last weekend due to Cross having a "7 day rule", which presumably prevents you from being selected for Cross if you play another sport (?) within 7 days.
If that is the case I imagine won't be much chance of seeing him play for Cross this year given his is contracted on the soccer.  So you'd wonder why he was listed in the Cross squad that was given to Armagh County Board.  All very strange.

It depends on what exactly he agreed with the soccer, perhaps he would skip some games with them. Are midweek games usual in the IFA?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 18, 2022, 06:25:12 PM »
Naomh Conaill far the better side. Michael Murphy did his best to keep his team in contention but needed more support.
    I thought Leo McCloone was superb.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:29:17 PM by grounded »

drici

• View Profile
Cluichí
« Reply #2203 on: September 19, 2022, 11:06:02 AM »
Dia Domhnaigh   25 - 09 - 2022

Inagh Kilnamona v Ennis Éire Óg   beo
2-30pm

Rhode v Tullamore   beo
4-15pm

https://rhodegaa.com/history/
Winners in 1911 ?
Or so the story goes, Rhode defeats Tullamore on September 10th 1911. Tullamore officials object because 2 players from Rhode also played with Tyrrellspass the same year, the objection was unsuccessful, however the Tullamore officials also noticed that the pitch on the day looked a bit short, the following day an engineer from the County Council measured the the length of the pitch, He found it to be short by two feet. In this case the match was replayed where Tullamore were the winners.

drici

• View Profile
Cluichí
« Reply #2204 on: September 25, 2022, 09:28:42 PM »
Dia Domhnaigh   02 - 10 - 2022

https://www.hastingsunited.com/ Castlebar

Castlebar Mitchels v An Cnoc Mór   beo
2-30pm

Breaffy v Ballintubber   beo
4-15pm