Football Boots

Started by OrchardOrange, September 08, 2022, 08:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrchardOrange

My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got badly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

JoG2

Quote from: OrchardOrange on September 08, 2022, 08:18:34 AM
My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got  adly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

Boots seem to have gotten much thinner these days (and the prices are scandalous) Firstly, boycott Puma, and maybe buy a neoprene ankle strapping for a bit extra protection?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2022, 08:26:03 AM
My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got  adly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

Boots seem to have gotten much thinner these days (and the prices are scandalous) Firstly, boycott Puma, and maybe buy a neoprene ankle strapping for a bit extra protection?

Boycott them because they are German?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2022, 08:49:25 AM

this must be the reason:

https://bdsmovement.net/boycott-puma

Overview. Global sportswear manufacturer Puma is involved in violations of international law and human rights. Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel's illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

oakleaflad

I'd avoid this at all costs unless you're looking to weaken the ankle. Truthfully, no matter what boot you wear if you get studded its going to hurt. Maybe a pair of adidas predators from a few years ago that had 'grips' on top (not the most recent couple) would lessen the blow.

JoG2

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 08, 2022, 09:38:07 AM

I'd avoid this at all costs unless you're looking to weaken the ankle. Truthfully, no matter what boot you wear if you get studded its going to hurt. Maybe a pair of adidas predators from a few years ago that had 'grips' on top (not the most recent couple) would lessen the blow.

Short term measure only

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 08, 2022, 09:25:48 AM

this must be the reason:

Overview. Global sportswear manufacturer Puma is involved in violations of international law and human rights. Puma is the main sponsor of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel's illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

German company linked to Israel sponsorship and him being a member of the Nazi party ..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2022, 11:00:42 AM

this must be the reason:

German company linked to Israel sponsorship and him being a member of the Nazi party ..

Was he not the brother of the Adidas founder - was he a Nazi too?

bigarsedkeeper

My lad has a pair of Puma Kings but got badly studded on his upper and its sore for days after a match. He reckons he needs a pair with better padding on the tongue/upper. Any recommendations?

My last pair of boots were Asics Lethal Testimonals, kangaroo leather upper. I loved them but some people thought they were heavy. Stud to the top of the foot will be sore no matter what he wears though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 08, 2022, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2022, 11:00:42 AM

this must be the reason:

Was he not the brother of the Adidas founder - was he a Nazi too?

They both were, should we be buying trainers that belong to a family of Nazi's? I mean considering what they did during the war against the Jews

I just bought a pair of Nike running shoes, hopefully they have no connection with something or some bad regime

imtommygunn

Funny you mention that...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2022, 11:34:54 AM
Funny you mention that...

I've still the docket Pegasus zoom's, Who's safe  ;)

ONeill

Lads spending £200 on them. You can still get a good pair of Dunlops at Nutts Corner for 30.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sensethetone

Quote from: ONeill on September 08, 2022, 12:07:21 PM
Lads spending £200 on them. You can still get a good pair of Dunlops at Nutts Corner for 30.

They'll turn you away at the Fintona turnstiles for those boots.

2 choices, get the dear boots or lobby to move the match to Kildress.

trailer

Always buy Puma. Best boot about. Usually buy 2 or 3 pairs at a time for the wee lad.