Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on September 01, 2022, 04:36:28 PM
Limiting the number of people inside the wire.
Only those inside the wire are the starting players, limited number of subs eg. 5  one medic and 2 of the management team (they are not allowed inside unless they have they required vetting, safeguarding and coaching certs). All names on the team sheet.

... and if the club don't name individuals, then everyone on the team sheet gets a 2 year ban.
i usse an speelchekor

Rudi

Another referee was assaulted at the weekend in a Junior B game in Donegal by a player this time. No surprises as to the club involved.

Rossfan

Refs in Roscommon going on strike, all weekend games off!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2022, 08:40:44 AM

Pay rise? I hear Mick Lynch is on his way over
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

I think this is the correct move, make a stand & force a change of culture in the GAA. The verbal abuse referees get is not acceptable either. The state law should be applied to assaults on GAA grounds too.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Rudi on September 02, 2022, 08:48:20 AM

I think this is the correct move, make a stand & force a change of culture in the GAA. The verbal abuse referees get is not acceptable either. The state law should be applied to assaults on GAA grounds too.

About time someone took a stand

Wildweasel74

The man is fairly identifable on the video, issue arises with the actual important part not on the video, meaning would the garda press charges if the Ref does not make a complaint. For the sake of refs up and down the country he should.

clarshack

This individual needs to get some jail time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 02, 2022, 09:25:09 AM
The man is fairly identifable on the video, issue arises with the actual important part not on the video, meaning would the garda press charges if the Ref does not make a complaint. For the sake of refs up and down the country he should.

I'm sure he'll put in the report he was assaulted, going to the Garda is another step that's a personal choice, hopefully he does.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Larry McCarthy needs to speak out - any time now

Make it clear that the GAA - right to the very top supports this move by the referees

bigarsedkeeper

The only way it stops is the club gets an on-field punishment, whether it be close the pitch or suspend teams. It's crap for the people that work hard but the club let him be in that position. If he gets suspended, he'll be shouting over the wire in a couple of weeks. Some club will have to be made an example of to get through to people.

To lose the head after 30 seconds is a serious problem. How do you get wound up that quickly?

RedHand88

Most disturbing thing about the footage for me is that nobody else there seems to care. No mad rush to help the referee or apprehend the assailant.

Cavan19

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 02, 2022, 10:21:05 AM
The only way it stops is the club gets an on-field punishment, whether it be close the pitch or suspend teams. It's crap for the people that work hard but the club let him be in that position. If he gets suspended, he'll be shouting over the wire in a couple of weeks. Some club will have to be made an example of to get through to people.

To lose the head after 30 seconds is a serious problem. How do you get wound up that quickly?

You would wonder is there history between the two of them and was it pre-planned as he didn't look anyway agitated walking onto the field.

Rudi

The game was about 2 minutes into the second half, when the incident happened.

Wildweasel74

Oh he throw sometime Down when he forseen a foul (which wasn't) on one of his players , then as the other teams defender won a free out, then proceeded to march out onto the field.