J Daly.  T Morley G White
C McDaid C Glass
P Clifford S O'Shea C Kilkenny
S Walsh D Comer D Clifford

Kerry 8
Galway 4
Derry 2
Dublin 1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

Quote from: lenny on September 07, 2022, 03:40:47 PM
Quote from: shawshank on September 07, 2022, 02:37:40 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 27, 2022, 11:44:11 AM
Quote from: The Trap on July 26, 2022, 10:32:45 PM
Pretty sure we will see a team announced from 2000 to 2022 just like the hurling so here is a first stab at that:
Cluxton
Marc OSe
Moynihan
Higgins
Mccarthy
McGeeney
McCaffrey
Fenton
Cavanagh
Connolly
Cooper
Kilkenny
Clifford
Con
Canavan

Some I couldn't get in
Dara and tomas Ose
Michael Murphy
Declan OSullivan
Ricey
Philip Jordan
Stephen. ONeill
Mcmahon and Cooper
Paul Flynn
James Odonoghue
Karl Lacey
Brian McGuigan

I dont disagree with any of the players above, but with a total Derry bias applied I think all of the following would be in contention for this team:
Sean Marty Lockhart
Kevin McCloy
Kevin McGuckian
Fergal Doherty
Paddy Bradley
Enda Muldoon

if ever a poster demonstrated an ability to stand back and not take off the red tainted glasses this post is it. Lockhart absolutely. You do realise that all these players all played together in the same Derry team that for years could not put back to back wins in the Ulster championship and you think there is a case for them to be in the best overall team of the past twenty years. FFs

If one Derry player was going to be there my choice would be Paddy Bradley. He was as good as any forward in Ireland in that period. If he was still playing he'd be Derry's best forward by a mile and I'm saying that as someone who rates Shane McGuigan highly.

Take a day off would you. Anytime it was put up to Bradley he folded like a deck chair ffs.

JoG2

Quote from: trailer on September 08, 2022, 12:23:24 PM
Pretty sure we will see a team announced from 2000 to 2022 just like the hurling so here is a first stab at that:
Cluxton
Marc OSe
Moynihan
Higgins
Mccarthy
McGeeney
McCaffrey
Fenton
Cavanagh
Connolly
Cooper
Kilkenny
Clifford
Con
Canavan

Some I couldn't get in
Dara and tomas Ose
Michael Murphy
Declan OSullivan
Ricey
Philip Jordan
Stephen. ONeill
Mcmahon and Cooper
Paul Flynn
James Odonoghue
Karl Lacey
Brian McGuigan

I dont disagree with any of the players above, but with a total Derry bias applied I think all of the following would be in contention for this team:
Sean Marty Lockhart
Kevin McCloy
Kevin McGuckian
Fergal Doherty
Paddy Bradley
Enda Muldoon

if ever a poster demonstrated an ability to stand back and not take off the red tainted glasses this post is it. Lockhart absolutely. You do realise that all these players all played together in the same Derry team that for years could not put back to back wins in the Ulster championship and you think there is a case for them to be in the best overall team of the past twenty years. FFs

If one Derry player was going to be there my choice would be Paddy Bradley. He was as good as any forward in Ireland in that period. If he was still playing he'd be Derry's best forward by a mile and I'm saying that as someone who rates Shane McGuigan highly.

Take a day off would you. Anytime it was put up to Bradley he folded like a deck chair ffs.

Paddy wouldn't have received the levels of vitriol and abuse from the hoards of Tyrone supporters if he wasn't as good as he was.
Derry's year hit hard

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2022, 02:05:40 PM
Cluxton
Marc OSe
Moynihan
Higgins
Mccarthy
McGeeney
McCaffrey
Fenton
Cavanagh
Connolly
Cooper
Kilkenny
Clifford
Con
Canavan

Some I couldn't get in
Dara and tomas Ose
Michael Murphy
Declan OSullivan
Ricey
Philip Jordan
Stephen. ONeill
Mcmahon and Cooper
Paul Flynn
James Odonoghue
Karl Lacey
Brian McGuigan

Sean Marty Lockhart
Kevin McCloy
Kevin McGuckian
Fergal Doherty
Paddy Bradley
Enda Muldoon

Paddy wouldn't have received the levels of vitriol and abuse from the hoards of Tyrone supporters if he wasn't as good as he was.
Derry's year hit hard

;D

Paddy was a class act.

Which made the day a young Karl Lacey outscored him 3-2 when marking him in 2006 all the sweeter.

I'm sure you similarly enjoyed Brendan Rogers doing likewise to Michael Murphy this year!

trailer

Cluxton
Marc OSe
Moynihan
Higgins
Mccarthy
McGeeney
McCaffrey
Fenton
Cavanagh
Connolly
Cooper
Kilkenny
Clifford
Con
Canavan

Some I couldn't get in
Dara and tomas Ose
Michael Murphy
Declan OSullivan
Ricey
Philip Jordan
Stephen. ONeill
Mcmahon and Cooper
Paul Flynn
James Odonoghue
Karl Lacey
Brian McGuigan

Sean Marty Lockhart
Kevin McCloy
Kevin McGuckian
Fergal Doherty
Paddy Bradley
Enda Muldoon

Derry's year hit hard

Every time it got sticky he walked off the panel.

ardtole

Barry Owens would deserve a mention.  I thought he was an outstanding Full back. Moynihan's best position was chb.

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 07, 2022, 04:03:18 PM
A stab at the possible team that i think will be selected

S Ryan
C McKaigue J Foley T O'Sullivan
C McDaid C Glass

Kerry 8
Galway 4
Derry 2
Dublin 1
Would be shocked if Rian O'Neill doesn't get one but thats maybe bias on my part. Not sure who you drop from that team though. Rafferty in nets would be a cert for me.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 09, 2022, 10:18:37 AM

S Ryan
C McDaid C Glass

Kerry 8
Galway 4
Derry 2
Dublin 1
Would be shocked if Rian O'Neill doesn't get one but thats maybe bias on my part. Not sure who you drop from that team though. Rafferty in nets would be a cert for me.

I'd be shocked if O'Neill does get one. I don't see any of the six named above being left out. The solution, as per The Sunday Game's team of the year, was to name O'Neill at midfield. It's perhaps indicative that that hasn't happened.

Ryan is the safe, conventional pick for GK. The candidate that a committee will settle on. Rafferty has his work cut out there.

So Armagh probably with zero, which is a bit disappointing. But I'd say we're looking at 8 or 9 next year and that'll be decent enough compensation.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

lenny

Quote from: trailer on September 08, 2022, 02:45:53 PM
Cluxton
Marc OSe
Moynihan
Higgins
Mccarthy
McGeeney
McCaffrey
Fenton
Cavanagh
Connolly
Cooper
Kilkenny
Clifford
Con
Canavan

Some I couldn't get in
Dara and tomas Ose
Michael Murphy
Declan OSullivan
Ricey
Philip Jordan
Stephen. ONeill
Mcmahon and Cooper
Paul Flynn
James Odonoghue
Karl Lacey
Brian McGuigan

Sean Marty Lockhart
Kevin McCloy
Kevin McGuckian
Fergal Doherty
Paddy Bradley
Enda Muldoon

Derry's year hit hard

Every time it got sticky he walked off the panel.

As usual you're showing complete ignorance. He only ever walked away once and it was towards the end of his career and nothing to do with stickiness. He destroyed lots of good defenders and was Derrys talisman for years. He was lightning fast, fearless, strong and extremely skilful. If he had any kind of decent support Derry would've been a lot more successful. When we played Tyrone they usually put at least 2 but often 3 men on him and they were able to because the other forwards weren't close to his quality.

J70

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on September 09, 2022, 02:20:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on September 09, 2022, 10:18:37 AM

S Ryan
C McDaid C Glass

Kerry 8
Galway 4
Derry 2
Dublin 1

I'd be shocked if O'Neill does get one. I don't see any of the six named above being left out. The solution, as per The Sunday Game's team of the year, was to name O'Neill at midfield. It's perhaps indicative that that hasn't happened.

Ryan is the safe, conventional pick for GK. The candidate that a committee will settle on. Rafferty has his work cut out there.

So Armagh probably with zero, which is a bit disappointing. But I'd say we're looking at 8 or 9 next year and that'll be decent enough compensation.

That's the spirit! :)

tbrick18

S Ryan
C McDaid C Glass

Kerry 8
Galway 4
Derry 2
Dublin 1

I'd say that's not far away, though I'd be surprised if Glass gets one. I'd think Brendan Rogers has to be very close to one, but wouldn't argue with any of the above.

oakleaflad

It's a strange one from a Derry perspective. I think Rogers, McKaigue, McCluskey, Glass and McGuigan are all in contention and I think we'll win probably 2 but there isn't a standout that you'll say will definitely get one from that group.

Armagh18

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 09, 2022, 04:04:46 PM
It's a strange one from a Derry perspective. I think Rogers, McKaigue, McCluskey, Glass and McGuigan are all in contention and I think we'll win probably 2 but there isn't a standout that you'll say will definitely get one from that group.
McKaigue would be my choice. Rogers and Glass were probably nailed on but were awful against Galway. 2 Cliffords, O'Shea, Comer and Walsh pretty much nailed on in the forward line

Wildweasel74

Glass was exceptional all year, but like most Derry players was poor enough in the semi, again I put this down to not playing Rodgers Midfield to allow him to get forward, Conroy the other contender for Midfield was poor in the final so I expect Glass to edge him.

ONeill

I've a niggle that they'll fit Rian O'Neill in somehow. Can't see any odds online.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.