The Advanced Mark rule

Started by JoG2, February 11, 2022, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Advanced Mark rule, are you for or against?

FOR
4 (9.1%)
AGAINST
40 (90.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Smokin Joe

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 09:16:41 PM
So if the ref blows, and you don't raise your hand, how long have you before you can be tackled? If standing still.

The time it takes to take 4 steps (if the mark is outside the penalty area)

ONeill

Watched it back there. Joe moved it forward because of McGeary slapping it out of his hands. On the way to the new mark, McGeary put his hand up to tell Joe that yer man didn't show for a mark.

So, if the ref blows, as MR2 says, whether or not the man calls for it, you step away for about 2 secs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 09:32:23 PM
Watched it back there. Joe moved it forward because of McGeary slapping it out of his hands. On the way to the new mark, McGeary put his hand up to tell Joe that yer man didn't show for a mark.

So, if the ref blows, as MR2 says, whether or not the man calls for it, you step away for about 2 secs?

Or the time it takes for four steps or four seconds...? Either way McGeary knew what he was at
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

That's the thing. He did what I'd expect him to do. The Fermanagh man didn't claim the mark but stood still.

ONeill

So if the ref blows the whistle, you are protected for 4 secs/4 steps if you don't signal it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 09:40:52 PM
So if the ref blows the whistle, you are protected for 4 secs/4 steps if you don't signal it?

Essentially yes.. and if the opposition player infringes that the free is given and brought forward and anyone can take it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Good to know that. Some handlin for a ref.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 10:13:38 PM
Good to know that. Some handlin for a ref.

The key for the ref is to make sure it's 20m pass that the player is outside the 45, that it can be for defender and attacker that it's play on and be tackled straight (if he doesn't call a mark) away within the big square, if player is injured on taking the mark the nearest play can play the mark...

Probably some other shit i forgot

JoG2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 17, 2022, 10:30:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2022, 10:08:05 PM

Essentially yes.. and if the opposition player infringes that the free is given and brought forward and anyone can take it
Are you saying the free is automatically brought forward for someone tackling during that 4 step no-mans-land period?

No, free from where the 'illegal' challenge has taken place. Abomination is how some on here have called this rule, sums it up perfectly

ONeill

So Joe was wrong to move it forward when McGeary knocked the ball from the static player's hands cos he thought he hadn't signalled it?

JoG2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 10:43:32 PM
So Joe was wrong to move it forward when McGeary knocked the ball from the static player's hands cos he thought he hadn't signalled it?

It's not automatically moved forward, unless maybe verbals / obstruction?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 17, 2022, 10:30:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2022, 10:08:05 PM

Are you saying the free is automatically brought forward for someone tackling during that 4 step no-mans-land period?

If a player stops someone from taking a 'free' or a mark the ref can move the ball forward. Mcgeary was wrong to think a player has to raise his hand and if he doesn't (unless in square) he can tackle him, though when I watched it it wasn't a tackle he was just being a dick

ONeill

To be fair, the Fermanagh lad had wee arms.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 17, 2022, 10:49:47 PM
It is moved forward if Joe thinks the Fermanagh man did signal and McGeary knocks the ball out of his hands.

If he didn't signal, and gets tackled in the 4 steps shite, it's just a free from there.

He then started telling Joe how to ref so he moved it forward, so it was either or. Only Joe will know.

If you infringe on someone within that 4 step/sec period then you're trying to slow play the mark, which is what he was at, so I've no problem in moving it forward

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 17, 2022, 10:58:53 PM
But that would be the wrong decision, by the rules. The penalty for such is that the actual free taker is allowed to take the kick.

I mentioned that, because the mark is cancelled and anyone can take the free, was he their free taker anyway?