Your county in 2022 - Hopes v Expectations

Started by ONeill, December 21, 2021, 09:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

Tyrone

Hope: Complete the second leg of three in a row Sam Maguires.

Expectation: Michael Murphy hands us our asses in Ulster Final.

Alt Hope: That the surgeons and doctors who provide the excellent treatment of major sporting injuries, acknowledge the work of Windmill St. Patricks in providing the patients on which they honed their skills.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 31, 2021, 01:34:42 PM
Kildare

Hope: Retain Div 1 status, reach Leinster Senior Final and AI Semi-final! U20s to win Leinster and reach AI final!

Expectation: Relegation from Div 1 on 5 points, lose Leinster semi-final to Dublin after extra-time, reach AI quarter-finals though! 20s lose Leinster final to Meath!

Hurlers to win Christy Ring again (Hurling team of the year to watch).

Staying in Division 1 and a decent show v the Dubs in the Leinster Final would be great.

In reality I think we are for the drop and will take a beating from the Dubs, but you would hope there is a rebound somewhere in the season.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lurganblue

Armagh.

Hopes - To win Ulster and do well in Division 1.

Expectations - I expect to remain in division 1 and see how the year goes from there.  We dont have the defence to be truly competitive unless we see some huge progression in the league.

thebackbar1

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on December 22, 2021, 09:11:47 PM
Galway

Hope:
That the evidence in front of our eyes in 2021 isn't as bad as it looks and Galway can have a huge turnaround that includes promotion and a Connacht title. Free hit after that.

Expectation:
League will tell a lot and you'd have to be worried enough, relegation and the Tailteann Cup should be unthinkable but games still have to be won. Div 2 was an absolute dogfight to get out of before and will be no different this time. If Galway don't do it at the first time of asking then we're in serious bother.
Mayo rightly will be warm favourites to win Connacht first round match, hard to envision Galway beating a Mayo team at full tilt and if there's no Connacht title in 2022 then it's the road for this management setup. The bullish All Ireland prediction looks farcical at this stage.

On that, there are no positive vibes about the setup, only concerning rumours. Will players that 100% should be on the panel and in some cases 100% starting on the 15 be involved? If not then why not?
Cooke heading abroad after one year back isn't a great sign. Of course, professional obligations and rightly prioritising the career should be the main reasons but if he thought there was any chance of Galway doing something this year...
Long story short on expectations, at least beat someone else other than Roscommon FFS.

Quote from: seafoid on December 22, 2021, 07:41:18 AM
Longer term hurlers (5)  to surpass fuballers (9) in terms of all Irelands.
Mightn't be the worst shout in the world and that's taking into account how flaky the hurlers are. Paul Bellew has talked a good game and there was a lot of merit in his Galway GAA: The Future document that was released prior to him getting the chairperson role, but at the end of the day he's another hurling man.
Where's the long term plan for the footballers to even get back to the big one never mind to win it? It doesn't exit. As an ordinary punter on the outside looking in I don't know what the football board are at, if one semi-final in 20 f**king years isn't ringing the alarm bells what are they waiting for? There's plenty of Mayo football people laughing at the ineptitude and it's hard to say they are wrong.
I don't believe there is a football board in place, Kevin Clancy has served his five year term, and Mary Judge is now the county vice chairperson. To put it bluntly its time for some ordinary punters to step up now.

ONeill

Quote from: Windmill abu on January 03, 2022, 02:05:00 PM
Tyrone

Hope: Complete the second leg of three in a row Sam Maguires.

Expectation: Michael Murphy hands us our asses in Ulster Final.

Alt Hope: That the surgeons and doctors who provide the excellent treatment of major sporting injuries, acknowledge the work of Windmill St. Patricks in providing the patients on which they honed their skills.

Haha!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oakleaflad

Derry

Hope: Promotion to Division 1. Ulster.

Expectation: Just about stay in Division 2. Beat by Tyrone.

We've the nucleus of a good young team if they can stick at it for another year or two. I'd love us to be able to challenge in Division 1 again and be challenging for Ulster titles in the next few years.

Solo_run

Armagh

Hopes - Have a capable defensive unit. We really lack in this department but if we somehow manage to find one I would like our chances of staying in D1 and at least an Ulster final. However, based on previous seasons management seem to have a "F**k it! it is all about attack" approach.

Expectations - We will either drop of stay up in D1 by the skin of our teeth. I expect Donegal to have improved their defence this season (Armagh haven't in previous seasons so don't expect it to happen this season) and will decide the winner.

Farrandeelin

Mayo

Hope: Win Sam

Expectation: Not to happen.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ballybrittas Boy

Laois (football)

Hope - Promoted back to Division 2  and at least three decent championship games.

Expectation - Barely survive in Division 3, beat Wicklow and lose Leinster quarter final.

tyrone08

General discussion around what each teams expectations are for the latter stages of the year. Alternatively what would consider to success for your team.

For tyrone success I would say would be staying in Div 1 (looking difficult) winning ulster and reaching an AI semi finals. Tyrone don't tend to do well after winning an AI but it would be good for them to get to a semi final. Think the stars aligned for them last year.

Teams seem more evenly match with tyrone, mayo, Dublin and Kerry all more than capable of beating each other.

Monaghan can pose teams problems. With Donegal it's hard to know but I don't think they are progressing as they should have. Armagh seem to be on up at the early stages.

Baile Brigín 2

Dublin. Not get relegated. Make the AIF.

Armagh18

There definitely was a hope vs expectations thread for this. I'm expecting to stay in D1 and at the bare minimum run Dongeal close in Ballybofey. Expecting an AIQF appearance.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Stay up in division one and get to an Ulster final or All Ireland semi final.

Armagh are on a positive upward trajectory and I think they will beat Donegal and get to an Ulster final. There they would face either Tyrone, Derry or Monaghan and I think that would be a 50/50 match. There is no real outstanding team in the country at the minute and I think if the cards fell right with the draw then they could make an AI semi final. They could just as easily go out at the last 12 stage however.     

armaghniac

Armagh have had good games for years, but their consistency has been a problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B