Author Topic: Joe Brolly  (Read 1004223 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Joe Brolly
« Reply #6090 on: September 01, 2022, 04:33:51 PM »
There is a belter of a reply to Carla Lockhart from a guy Ogle who's the son of a guy who was murdered in 2019 by the UVF in east belfast. They really are nothing but hypocrites. He basically asked her why her party is standing with known UVF members when his father was murdered by them in 2019.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: September 01, 2022, 04:34:49 PM »
Unionism as I've said before won't accept that the UDR/RUC/British Army were very much protagonists during the troubles even when there's evidence staring them in the face.
A few bad apples isn't acceptable anymore.

I think that's debatable.

But he's absolutely right about the DUP etc. cynically banging on all the time about the PIRA. The DUP are openly consulting and standing for pictures active paramilitaries, paramilitaries who are threatened violence against nationalist politicians, murdering people, dealing drugs and destroying their own areas. There's definitely been a backlash after the many unflattering exhibitions of toxic unionist culture over the summer and trying to find anything to try twist the narrative to attack nationalists etc.

I think the DUP/TUV are struggling in that SF are mostly avoiding any controversy, quietly moving anyone from the PIRA into the background and promoting a lot of women(who are harder to demonise).

The faux outrage over MO'N saying she thought there was no alternative, while acknowledging people will disagree, was ridiculous. What was surprising about that opinion from a SF politician?

what part is debatable?

HokeyPokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: September 01, 2022, 04:48:36 PM »
Unionism as I've said before won't accept that the UDR/RUC/British Army were very much protagonists during the troubles even when there's evidence staring them in the face.
A few bad apples isn't acceptable anymore.

I think that's debatable.

But he's absolutely right about the DUP etc. cynically banging on all the time about the PIRA. The DUP are openly consulting and standing for pictures with active paramilitaries, paramilitaries who are threatened violence against nationalist politicians, murdering people, dealing drugs and destroying their own areas. There's definitely been a backlash after the many unflattering exhibitions of toxic unionist culture over the summer and trying to find anything to try twist the narrative to attack nationalists etc.

I think the DUP/TUV are struggling in that SF are mostly avoiding any controversy, quietly moving anyone from the PIRA into the background and promoting a lot of women(who are harder to demonise).

The faux outrage over MO'N saying she thought there was no alternative, while acknowledging people will disagree, was ridiculous. What was surprising about that opinion from a SF politician?

what part is debatable?

Sorry misread, thought you wrote the / the main protagonists. That they were protagonists is without doubt. I'd add DUP and Paisley themselves as protagonists. Looking at Paisley's early activites, long before the PIRA was formed, is very informative.

HokeyPokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: September 01, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »
There is a belter of a reply to Carla Lockhart from a guy Ogle who's the son of a guy who was murdered in 2019 by the UVF in east belfast. They really are nothing but hypocrites. He basically asked her why her party is standing with known UVF members when his father was murdered by them in 2019.

Absolutely. They do absolutely nothing for the people they claim to represent. They claim to want to protect the union, but are doing everything possible to destroy it. DUP only cares about their own interests. The many clear examples of corruption is very rarely addressed. Ian Óg and his holidays and I believe he is happy to help with planning etc. if you ask nicely.

CK_Redhand

• View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: September 01, 2022, 05:30:55 PM »
Surely the word yous are looking for is "antagonists"?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: September 01, 2022, 06:54:44 PM »

Absolutely. They do absolutely nothing for the people they claim to represent. They claim to want to protect the union, but are doing everything possible to destroy it. DUP only cares about their own interests. The many clear examples of corruption is very rarely addressed. Ian Óg and his holidays and I believe he is happy to help with planning etc. if you ask nicely.

As I keep saying - the party that has done most to further the cause of a united ireland is the dup and they keep doing it.

They are in the main bad people who have no problem raking in money at the expense of others and fraternising with paramilitaries and then chastising others for what they do themselves.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: September 02, 2022, 06:32:09 AM »

As I keep saying - the party that has done most to further the cause of a united ireland is the dup and they keep doing it.

They are in the main bad people who have no problem raking in money at the expense of others and fraternising with paramilitaries and then chastising others for what they do themselves.
Plus whoring for a Hard Brexit and neglecting the economy
Lookit

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: September 04, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »
Typical Brolly, in what is more than likely yet another made up story “a friend” from Roscommon told him the ref was a bit of a p***k but didn’t deserve that

Think we know who the p***k is

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: September 04, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »
Maybe, but he is absolutely correct about the attitudes towards refs in GAA culture.

His statement about the ref giving the other team soft frees and your own team nothing? You see it played out on these pages every summer, especially among the supporters from well-represented Ulster teams. Ref is always a w**ker who is biased against them.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: September 04, 2022, 11:15:23 PM »
It would be great to compile a series of clips with 10 secs to decide if something is a foul or not. All teams from U14 up should be made test themselves on these, I suspect that some of the loudest mouths would not do so well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: September 05, 2022, 04:00:47 PM »
Typical Brolly, in what is more than likely yet another made up story “a friend” from Roscommon told him the ref was a bit of a p***k but didn’t deserve that

Think we know who the p***k is

Yes typical Joe Brolly. Back in December he had this to say in the indo

The bad old days of referee abuse in the GAA are long gone and good behaviour is the norm. Thankfully, abuse of referees is not as common as it used to be in GAA.

I guess he had no invisible friend to chat too back then?