Premium Seat At Croke Park.

Started by Bud Wiser, August 07, 2010, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: David McKeown on August 17, 2010, 09:00:04 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 16, 2010, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 16, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
Ive been going to a specific level premium seat for about 80-90% of the matches played in croke park (including football and rugby) for about 5 years.  Its a pretty good seat between the 60 metre line and half way on the Canal side.  In that time which would be more than 50 games I can't ever remember the same people within 10 of me in any direction and I have a good head for faces.  It always without fail seems to be different people.  Always made me wonder who exactly buys premier tickets that you never see the same people twice.

A lot of companies would have a few premium level seats that they would share around between their customers/prospective clients, etc. Might explain it...

Yeah but they must be fairly large companies that you never see the same person twice.

I know a company that has around 10 seats there around the 65 towards the Canal End in the Cusack Stand, I would imagine that most large companies that don't have a corporate box would have a good few premium tickets as well. Given the opening of a premium level in Lansdowne Road, the price increase & the downturn I would imagine there would be a good few companies not renewing all their premium seats...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

downredblack

After getting my hands on 2 Premium tickets for Sunday . The date and all is correct and it has football semi final on them but also has Leinster v Munster on them as well . Not being a regular up there I was wondering if this on them all , I know they are printed in advance so would not have the teams on them .

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: downredblack on August 27, 2010, 07:57:59 PM
After getting my hands on 2 Premium tickets for Sunday . The date and all is correct and it has football semi final on them but also has Leinster v Munster on them as well . Not being a regular up there I was wondering if this on them all , I know they are printed in advance so would not have the teams on them .
That's the way they come
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

downredblack

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 27, 2010, 08:52:41 PM
Quote from: downredblack on August 27, 2010, 07:57:59 PM
That's the way they come

Grand Job , have two other tickets and didnt want to move them on and be left a pair of duds .

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on August 16, 2010, 07:28:40 PM
Just rooted out the stub of my ticket from the 2000 All-ireland Final and a seat in section 703 cost IR£32.
Quote from: donelli on August 16, 2010, 12:48:59 AM
The price of the premium ticket has went up 63% in the last 10 years?

as a matter of interest...anyone recall the price of an ordinary all ireland final ticket in 2000? I'd guess the difference from a 2000 to 2010 would be even greater.
My ticket was £25 (€31.75) for the under construction Hogan Stand which had only a lower tier and no roof.

If ticket prices kept up with the rate of Irish inflation, the £32 ticket from 2000 should be €55.36 this year.
http://www.anthonykelly.com/inflation.html

mick999

I see from the Indo that a lot of the Premium ticket holders are a wee bit unhappy at the price -hikes ....

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/furious-fans-group-up-ante-in-protest-over-croker-ticket-hike-2319464.html

I see that Croke Park have started advertising these premiums in the recent match programs as well as on-line ...

http://www.crokepark.ie/priomh

David McKeown

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 17, 2010, 09:00:04 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 16, 2010, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 16, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
Ive been going to a specific level premium seat for about 80-90% of the matches played in croke park (including football and rugby) for about 5 years.  Its a pretty good seat between the 60 metre line and half way on the Canal side.  In that time which would be more than 50 games I can't ever remember the same people within 10 of me in any direction and I have a good head for faces.  It always without fail seems to be different people.  Always made me wonder who exactly buys premier tickets that you never see the same people twice.

After going on about never seeing the same fan twice, it actually happened on the last occasion that the same Kildare fan who had been beside me at the Meath game was beside me at the Down game.  Always the way that

A lot of companies would have a few premium level seats that they would share around between their customers/prospective clients, etc. Might explain it...

Yeah but they must be fairly large companies that you never see the same person twice.

I know a company that has around 10 seats there around the 65 towards the Canal End in the Cusack Stand, I would imagine that most large companies that don't have a corporate box would have a good few premium tickets as well. Given the opening of a premium level in Lansdowne Road, the price increase & the downturn I would imagine there would be a good few companies not renewing all their premium seats...
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

JimStynes

Was looking up 10 year tickets today, 12000 euro per ticket!! What a joke.

seafoid

Quote from: JimStynes on September 07, 2014, 07:21:48 PM
7600 to 12000 is a shocking hike in a deflationary age
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2014, 07:35:17 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 07, 2014, 07:21:48 PM
7600 to 12000 is a shocking hike in a deflationary age
They'll kindly let you pay it off over 4 years if you don't mind paying over 13 grand.

Gaffer

Is there a waiting list for them now?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rois

Sorry to open a five year old thread...

Any premium seat holders bought tickets for Westlife next weekend?  I am getting two from someone and I want to know how much he will have paid for them as it's unlikely he'll tell me.

Thanks

Tony Baloney

Nailer

Got this from Croke Park :

This is a friendly reminder to let you know that the closing date to purchase tickets for Westlife live at Croke Park is this Friday, 16th November at 4pm.
There will be no extension to this closing date. As both concerts are sold out, additional tickets will not be available.
Premium tickets cost €99.50 per ticket.

Rois