Limerick V Waterford Replay .

Started by Bing Crosby ., June 17, 2009, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bing Crosby .

Another dodgy one to call .

Limerick should have a much sharper appetite going into this one . I reckon they'll
shade it and have 3 points to spare at the finish .

orangeman

Ken Mc Grath out for 6 weeks they reckon ?.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on June 17, 2009, 11:37:28 PM

He's gone for an operation alright

Are you alluding to rumours that he's walked? Not true if you are..

bottlethrower7

these counties have a habit of producing even worse fare in replays than in the original tie.

I expect things to be different this time out though.

I think Waterford will win. I think Limerick will be a better side than last weekend but given how positive the weather forecast looks, its Waterford's to lose.

AZOffaly

This one has to be better. I think the forecast looks a good bit better, so I expect this to be a much better game. I also think the players on both sides will be stung about the criticism they received last weekend, so I'm expecting better.

The thing about it is though, Munster hurling especially, but hurling in general has placed so much recent emphasis on the physical aspects and preparation, that you normally get a bunch of extremely fit players with less wristiness in them. So there's a lot of county council scenarios*

I don't think that can change without making the pitches bigger, or reducing to 13 a side or something, but it definitely affects championship games now, and there's always a load of throw ins as people fail to extricate a sliothar from a writhing mass of humanity.

* County Council Scenario - Picture 8 Council workers leaning on shovels peering into a hole they are supposed to be digging.

Clare v Waterford

johnneycool

Waterford have the better forwards and should have just enough to quell the more spirited Limerick side.

Now if Limerick had just one quality forward I'd go for them, but Shaughnessy has probably had more bad days in the Limerick jersey than good days, the rest are very unpredictable, capable of moments of genious then absolute stupidity seconds later, Donie Ryan being the most culpable.

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on June 18, 2009, 08:55:22 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 17, 2009, 11:37:28 PM

He's gone for an operation alright

Are you alluding to rumours that he's walked? Not true if you are..

Never heard any rumour about him walkng - knew he needed an operation - funny time to go for it all the same.

AZOffaly

Donie Ryan drives me mental. I can't understand how he is so popular with Limerick fans.

I think this Breen lad has potential, for a big lad he seems to have decent coordination. Shaughnessy playing off him might be useful in a Joe Deane/Brian Corcoran way. Niall Moran's free taking is weogeous as well, his stance and technique looks so contrived, and you need a free taker.  Ollie Moran is a good player too but he's lacking fitness.

I'd say a foward line of

James Ryan   Ollie Moran    Niall Moran

AN Other       Breen          Shaughnessy

could be decent.

Having said all that, I tipped Limerick the first day, but I'm going to change horses here. Waterford by 5.

Waterford Lurker

think we'll win if our midfield can make any inroads agasinst the Limerick midfield who wiped them out the last day.

Waterford by 4
Up the Déise

orangeman

Fancy Waterford this evening - can't wait - Really looking forward to it.

milltown row

good game far better than last week.  waterford doing enough to stay in front

milltown row

4 in it now to Waterford. 5 mins to go

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"