Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on November 05, 2012, 01:33:32 PM
Yeah as long as you dont try and hold the thing up on everybody ye'll be fine.
Oh hello stranger!!!

Who do you think will be championship pedigree for next year in Tyrone then?
;D

rrhf

I think you cant look past the current top 6 for next year.  Coalisland, Clonoe, Dromore, Carmen, Errigal and one of Omagh or Ardboe in that.   Im full of praise for what Errigal have achieved this year, they wont shock anybody else, yet it has been a magnificent achievement for the so called "patchwork quilts" to get so far.  They have also fared v well in ulster although Im aware there are guys saying it's proof that there is a dropped standard this year - Id pay no heed to that.    Credit where credit is due - It has a real smash and grab championship by Errigal that they were not in the running for say 4 months ago but they worked hard, most definitely proving that a team can be better than the sum of their parts, and whilst Id love to think there is an Ulster in them, unless they get a tooth fairy of a referee they are stumbling into Cross.  Whilst the players are nipping themselves because they cant believe it you have the Coalisland and Clonoes of this world just watching on in disbelief at how good a season errigal are having and Fair play is what I say.         

EC Unique

Good man RRHF. Although I'm not sure what you mean by the patchwork quilts?

rrhf

Well just like a patchwork quilt the club size covers almost everything in the area and they say if they were to design a jersey with a colour from every club allegiance within the parish they say it would resemble a patchwork quilt.  That one Ive heard 10 years ago...
My feeling is that Errigal are probably the only Tyrone club to have represented the county with any real ambition.   I would love to see them beat St Galls in the final. 

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on November 05, 2012, 02:41:31 PM
Well just like a patchwork quilt the club size covers almost everything in the area and they say if they were to design a jersey with a colour from every club allegiance within the parish they say it would resemble a patchwork quilt.  That one Ive heard 10 years ago...
My feeling is that Errigal are probably the only Tyrone club to have represented the county with any real ambition.   I would love to see them beat St Galls in the final.

Who were the other clubs?

Hereiam

EC Unique

Milltown Row2

Well those Errigal lads we have training the team will be off duty that day LOL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2012, 03:15:40 PM

Pardon my ignorance EC but just wondering as an outsider from what clubs did Errigal form?? Was there 2 or 3 that came together? Cheers.

EC Unique

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 05, 2012, 04:46:14 PM

Pardon my ignorance EC but just wondering as an outsider from what clubs did Errigal form?? Was there 2 or 3 that came together? Cheers.

One. The club was formally known as St Ciaran's Ballygawley. There was a fall out and a few in the townland of Glencull tried and failed to start their own club. It was never officially a club and never played in any division. Then everyone came together, made up and renamed the club Errigal Ciaran. It covers the same geographical area as St Ciaran's Ballygawley always did. It was simply renamed and colours slightly changed to keep everyone happy. 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2012, 04:55:58 PM

One. The club was formally known as St Ciaran's Ballygawley. There was a fall out and a few in the townland of Glencull tried and failed to start their own club. It was never officially a club and never played in any division. Then everyone came together, made up and renamed the club Errigal Ciaran. It covers the same geographical area as St Ciaran's Ballygawley always did. It was simply renamed and colours slightly changed to keep everyone happy. 

Thanks EC!! Appreciate that.

rrhf

Well explained, when you put it like that it should keep the begrudgers quiet.

Christmas Lights

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

EC Unique

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 06, 2012, 02:41:12 PM

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Have I missed something out?

Hereiam

EC what happened to all the money glencull pulled together when they tried to go it alone??????