Meath vs Westmeath - Leinster Semi-Final 28/6/15 (Croke Park)

Started by thejuice, June 14, 2015, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

The Tipp away jersey is also blue, but a darker blue with no gold hoop, so I suppose they'd say they wear the provincial blue as well. Actually I think Clare are the same.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 15, 2015, 11:37:05 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2015, 11:27:00 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 15, 2015, 10:28:18 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2015, 11:27:18 PM
How heavy will the weight of history be on the shoulders of Westmeath? Was there when Dessie missed that free.

I don't think that will come into it at all Dinny. None of this Westmeath team were exposed to the hoodoo years of 2001-2003 and they are used to beating them at underage level. I think they will relish taking them on in Croker. Good to see you back on the board btw, get in early and cheer us on Sunday week.

SS, Wexford's jerseys are mainly purple now so there would have been a clash alright. Although after maintaining our 100% record in green there's an argument to be made for keeping it going. The hurlers switched last week as well.

I don't know, it's bound to be dragged up in the media build up. Sure the bold Dinny upstairs would be disgusted if I didn't cheer on Westmeath.

What's the craic with the green jersey?

Oh, it'll be dragged up alright and there's bound to be a least one article with Dessie about that miss. I don't think it has anywhere near the same relevance as it did to the players of 10 years ago. Of the team that started yesterday, 8 were in the U21 team that convincingly defeated Eastmeath in 2010. The heads will be right for this one I feel.

Green comes from the Leinster jersey. Think there's only ourselves, Kerry, Down and arguably Galway who still use the traditional provincial colours.

Kildare also have a horrible aul green jersey for playing Tyrone, Monaghan and Waterford.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

that's right. That's a horrible shade of green actually.

Croí na hÉireann

Forgot about Kildare and Clare, although I'd throw Clare in the same category as Galway in that they could just be change colours. That's mental about the Tipp away jersey.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 15, 2015, 11:53:34 AM
Forgot about Kildare and Clare, although I'd throw Clare in the same category as Galway in that they could just be change colours. That's mental about the Tipp away jersey.

Why mental? Because it's also blue? :) Yeah, it is, but I suppose the way it's designed does make it look very different.

Anyway, back to Westmeath and Meath :)

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 15, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
Yeah, mental because it's blue.

They're fair stubborn :) It actually does have gold on it too :) So home is Blue and Gold, away is well, Blue and Gold. :)

Jinxy

Here, if I want to read about which shade of blue/green is in fashion, I'll watch Xposé.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

This should be a handy oul win for the Western part of Meath.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

meathie

This is the first game in a long long long time Im going to miss. Always wotk around games for the hols but couldnt avoid it this time  :( Will be in south Africa. If the game is live on RTE does that mean I can watch it no problem on the rte player? thanks

armaghniac

Quote from: meathie on June 22, 2015, 03:26:18 PM
This is the first game in a long long long time Im going to miss. Always wotk around games for the hols but couldnt avoid it this time  :( Will be in south Africa. If the game is live on RTE does that mean I can watch it no problem on the rte player? thanks

You cannot watch it "no problem" as you'll need some sort of proxy server.
Pay the €10 to Gaago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

meathie

yea thats fine Ill pay the GAA go thing, just wasnt sure if there was a problem, not majorly tech minded is all, hence asking for advice.....

thejuice

Shane O'Rourke and Gillespie are still out but Menton, Reilly, Newman and McGill should be available. How fit they are will be another matter but better to have than to have not.

Still not feeling too hopeful but we can make a decent fist of it while we're out there.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Meath (SFC v Westmeath):

1. Patrick O Rourke{Skryne}

2. James Mc Entee {Curraha}
3.Conor Mc Gill {Ratoath}
4. Donncha Tobin {Blackhall Gaels}

5. Mickey Burke{ Longwood}
6. Donal Keogan {Rathkenny} Capt.
7. Bryan Menton { Donaghmore Ashbourne}

8. Harry Rooney {Skryne}
9. Kevin Reilly [Navan O Mahony's}

10 Graham Reilly {St. Colmcille's}
11 Padraic Harnan {Moynalvey}
12 Andrew Tormey {Donaghmore Ashbourne}

13 Michael Newman{Kilmainham}
14 Stephen Bray {Navan O'Mahony's}
15 Brian Mc Mahon {Ratoath}

K Reilly at no. 9? I'd say Menton will be there more like.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016