Ó Sé - A legacy.

Started by moysider, June 30, 2015, 10:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: cockahoop on July 02, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
Quote from: doodaa on July 02, 2015, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 02, 2015, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
They're saving that for Spillane - A Legacy.

Ironically I usually forget just how much of an all-time great Pateen is with all the shite he talks. A bit like Paudi (not saying he talked shite but y'know) he'll only get proper recognition like this when he's gone.

You'd imagine there is a whole generation (if not two) out there who have no real understanding of how good a footballer Spillane actually was - no-one under the age of 30 probably ever saw him play a game - instead he's one of the lads on the telly who talks nonsense. O'Rourke is in the same boat given they are around the same vintage and Brolly is probably the same for folk under 20.

You could up that age for Spillane by about 5 or 10 years as im 30 and I don't remember him playing at all.
Brolly was around when I was in Primary school..

No offense to O'Rouke and brolly,great footballers but not in the same league as spillane,he was something else in full flight,he basically beat tyrone on his own in 86 and by that stage he was well past his best.

Threw them in because just thought it was strange thinking that huge swathes of the country have no real notion of them as actual footballers but as the lads off TSG.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 04:32:09 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 02, 2015, 04:07:24 PM
My father always rated Spillane far behind the likes of O'Shea

Spillane was a teacher, had loads of time to work on his fitness could run all day but wasn't in the same league football wise as the likes of O'Shea.

Bit OTT bringing his job into it! Writing down players for being teachers is a game of dominoes..
I haven't a clue what that means.
Teachers have a lot more time to get their bodies, skills and mental focus right for championship games
2/3 months off for summer
finished at 3 or 4pm. I'm not moaning about them, just that a lot of top GAA players have been teachers.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 02, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2015, 04:32:09 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 02, 2015, 04:07:24 PM
My father always rated Spillane far behind the likes of O'Shea

Spillane was a teacher, had loads of time to work on his fitness could run all day but wasn't in the same league football wise as the likes of O'Shea.

Bit OTT bringing his job into it! Writing down players for being teachers is a game of dominoes..
I haven't a clue what that means.
Teachers have a lot more time to get their bodies, skills and mental focus right for championship games
2/3 months off for summer
finished at 3 or 4pm. I'm not moaning about them, just that a lot of top GAA players have been teachers.

You don't actually think a teacher is finished their work when the children are let out do you? It's not the fairies making the lesson plans or correcting homework..