Meed agin Wickla; 14th Juun, Navan. Champship fupple

Started by thejuice, April 08, 2015, 06:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Imagine some fancy dan from Galway accusing us of having no heart!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

The Dubs have won 15  of the last 10 Leinster finals and have enough points left over to buy everything in Argos.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Fair play to them if they've won 15 of the last 10.

Jinxy

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on April 09, 2015, 12:20:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2015, 10:50:11 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2015, 11:59:58 PM
Are they going ahead with a Leinster Championship this year?
What is the point? Wicklow won't get within 20 points of the Dubs but neither will anyone else

It's like the Wizard of Oz. Meath have no heart. Kildare have no brain. Offaly have no players coming through.
Westmeath have no self  belief. Etc.

So does that mean we have a brain?
Ye hoors always had brawn.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Here we go, only 4 days till we get to spill some blood in the 2015 championship.  :D

Early summer excitement already there, looking forward to it.

A few injuries means Gillespie, Menton, K Reilly, Newman and both O'Rourkes are likely to be sitting out this one which to be fair are all probably among the most talented players we have. So with those guys out, I get the feeling we'll make hard work of it but hopefully come through in the end.

But it's early days in the competition and we could be ripe for an ambush at home.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

Presumably O'Dowd will be expected to win something soon or make way. We've had the exact same campaign the last three years running, and it's getting a little dull. Obviously it's next to impossible for him to do any better with the players available but you wouldn't expect that to dissuade people from calling for his head if we go out in the same fashion again. Despite our injury concerns, I don't think Wicklow are in any position to beat us in a championship match at the minute. I could be wrong, but I anticipate a reasonably comfortable victory.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

When was the last time we had all our best players fit going into a championship match?

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on June 09, 2015, 12:47:56 AM
Here we go, only 4 days till we get to spill some blood in the 2015 championship.  :D

Early summer excitement already there, looking forward to it.

A few injuries means Gillespie, Menton, K Reilly, Newman and both O'Rourkes are likely to be sitting out this one which to be fair are all probably among the most talented players we have. So with those guys out, I get the feeling we'll make hard work of it but hopefully come through in the end.

But it's early days in the competition and we could be ripe for an ambush at home.

It's a serious injury list. They'd be six of the first seven names on the teamsheet.

Bloody Wicklow thugs targetting our best players. Even before the game.

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2015, 10:22:30 AM
When was the last time we had all our best players fit going into a championship match?

Problem is I think some of them lads were born injured, particularly SOR and Kevin Reilly.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I think they had to use a calving jack on Kevin Reilly.

Ard-Rí

I don't recall Meath ever starting a weaker team in the championship. Much as Wicklow are not generally considered to be at our level, get this wrong and it will be a very short summer.

QuotePatrick O'Rourke

James McEntee - Donncha Tobin - David Dalton

Nicky Judge - Donal Keogan - Brian Power

Harry Rooney - Adam Flanagan

Graham Reilly - Padraic Harnan - Andrew Tormey

Joseph Wallace - Stephen Bray - Brian McMahon.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

To be fair they've all been blooded in the league and lads like Dalton, Joey Wallace, Judge and McMahon have been on the panel for long enough now, so it's not before their due time to get a championship start.

There's a bit of inexperience in the half back line which might be a worry. Rooney has shown a lot of early promise so hopefully championship football doesn't phase him.

Old yeller

Probably the most annoying thread title ever. Other than that, nothing to see here.

Catch and Kick

Good Wicklow performance. For a team that had a poor run in Div 4 they gave the Royals a tough day in Navan. Now they face Armagh - who they won't fear from previous encounters.