Senior Hurling Club Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

15th and 16th of August redledbetter.

Players can be named as subs on senior (or any higher grade) panels but as soon as they start or come in as a substitute they can't play at any lower grade. There is no cut-off deadline.
I'm not positive but I don't think blood/temporary substitutions count....

Helix

Merman you're correct with blood sub scenario. They do not count as used player and can play at lower grade.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

What about a black card sub? Do they lose their lower grade status?

merman

Good question scfc.

I'd say they would have to but that's only an assumption...

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: SCFC on July 27, 2015, 10:28:31 PM
What about a black card sub? Do they lose their lower grade status?
Okay. I've never heard that term--what's a "black card sub"?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Goku

There is no Black Cards in Hurling anyway, Maybe ask over on the football forum as they would probably know more about that situation.

finbar o tool

you took the words out of my mouth Goku, no black cards in hurling.

in football, if you get a black card, you have to leave the field but a sub can be brought on in your place. i would presume a black card sub is considered gone from any lower grade.
a yellow, then a black card = a red card, no sub.

An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: merman on July 15, 2015, 12:57:04 AM

The relegation final is then between the losers from the 'losers' section.

All 4 semi-finalists will thus have won 2 games though 2 will also have lost one.

It's a decent championship format though I would still be of the opinion that our county panellists do not hurl enough club games....

Back to the structure of the Club Championship, after the relegation final where does the losing club go down to and from where does the new-to-the-senior-championship club come up from? An Intermediate Championship?

Thanks.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 30, 2015, 08:55:19 PM
Quote from: merman on July 15, 2015, 12:57:04 AM

The relegation final is then between the losers from the 'losers' section.

All 4 semi-finalists will thus have won 2 games though 2 will also have lost one.

It's a decent championship format though I would still be of the opinion that our county panellists do not hurl enough club games....

Back to the structure of the Club Championship, after the relegation final where does the losing club go down to and from where does the new-to-the-senior-championship club come up from? An Intermediate Championship?

Thanks.

Bruce, the relegated team swap places with the winners of the Senior A championship. Effectively, the old intermediate championship.
Teams like Portlaoise, Colt, Ballyfin, Mountrath, Clonaslee are all in the Senior A.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

Div 1 Final
Clough/Ballacolla 1.16 - 2.12 Camross

Intense but both teams will need more to threaten a championship. I felt this was a game CB dared not lose and a gutsy, determined win could do them the world of good.
Camross won't lose too much sleep over the result and will be hot favourites to beat Ballinakill.

Ogie

Hello Gents,
Finally made the transfer over from Laois talk, which is still greatly missed!!
Focus turns back on the hurling championship this week thankfully! Plenty to look forward to.

Some  practice matches played over the last 10 days -

Rathdowney Errill 1-13 Coolderry 2-17
Borris Kilcotton 2-16 Birr 0-19
Borris Kilcotton 3-23 Newtownshandrum 3-25
Clough Ballacolla lost to Loughrea by 5 points
Camross beat a Portumna intermediate team with 4 Seniors something along the lines of 5-16 to 0-26

Some good run outs and impressive opposition for the most,
My predictions for the weekend are that Clough Ballacolla will have way too much for The Harps who looked doomed to relegation, With the league final win and this round win Clough Ballacolla should be back firing on all cylinders
Abbeyleix are still the most underrated team in the championship & will beat Castletown
Camross too are looking strong and will be hard to beat in this championship, their attitude & work rate has to be admired, however they are short on firepower Zane aside, I think Ballinakill will stay in the Senior ranks, but Camross will win this on Sunday evening
The Final game of the weekend should also be the best game of the weekend, the champions are quality and have great experience, however without Roddy & Paddy Purcell this turns into a must win game for Borris Kilcotton, and I think they will win it, their forwards were very impressive the last day, albeit against a poor outfit, they need to step up and win this one.

Heshs Umpire

Failte ar ais Ogie! Keep posting and I'll be able to bluff my way through a few hurling conversations!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

merman

Good to have you back on board Ogie.

Think this is going to be your year!

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!