AI Finals - Dates in 2007

Started by Lorcs, January 05, 2007, 10:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcs

GAA.ie has AIH on 02/09 and AIF on 16/09...

I had thought the finals were going back to the 2nd and 4th Sundays this year, once the Ryder Cup was out of the way. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

magickingdom

heard on the radio a few weeks ago that the gaa were happy with the way things went this year and decided to stick with those dates. dont know any more....

Bogball XV

yeah sticking with this years dates - all to do with their efforts to shorten and define the intercounty season to leave more room for club fixtures.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Blue Boy

Ya the dates are the 2nd Sept and 16th Sept for the hurling and football finals respectively - just checked the official games programme.

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 05, 2007, 12:18:47 PM
Check with Tony....

They heard about Tony booking the hotel room on the wrong weekend, so they rescheduled the All Ireland Final dates to save him future embarrassments.
Testing Accessibility

ildanach

I haven't checked the dates yet.But lets hope there is enough room for replays. Mayo had to play 3 weeks in a row this year.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Lone Shark

Quote from: ildanach on January 05, 2007, 04:35:38 PM
I haven't checked the dates yet.But lets hope there is enough room for replays. Mayo had to play 3 weeks in a row this year.

Pretty sure that Tyrellspass had to play six or seven weeks in a row in the late Autumn. Works both ways. All Ireland finals should be out of the way by mid august really IMHO. 

tayto

If they were, how about finishing the Club championship before Christmas, maybe the finals on New years day in Croke Park? and then playing the railway cup matches on Paddys day in Croke park? dosent make any sense to me to overlap the season for a handful of teams meaning certain counties are missing players for the league.