Kildare Football

Started by youbetterbelieveit, December 21, 2006, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Well any of these boys, go enough to shine in next years leinster championship?

Lilywhites look to youth

21/12/2006 12:27:42
Kildare Senior Football manager John Crofton has introduced a host of new faces to his panel ahead of the 2007 campaign.

The Lilywhites began pre-season training last Friday after Crofton selected a provisional 30-strong squad.

Sarsfields' Gary White and Round Towers' Mark Scanlon are amongst the new names in with a chance of securing a place in the starting XV.

Michael Conway (Nurney), Murt and Ken Donnelly (Ellistown) Declan Brennan (Rathangan), Adrian McAndrew and Timmy Dowling (both Allenwood), Emmet Bolton (Eadestown) and Brian Flanagan (Johnstownbridge) have all been called up the panel after their respective performances at club and/or U21 level.

Dinny Breen

Scanlon is good enough although his younger brother will be something special. Mick Conway has all the skills so will be interesting to see those if have the committment and the attitude. Ken Donnolly was immense for Ellistown during the champion don't know if he can step up, have really seen enough of the rest but have heard good reports. Good to see JC play the youth card...
#newbridgeornowhere

youbetterbelieveit

good to hear dinny, hope they can, it would be nice too see kildare make a break through again in leinster.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2006, 09:11:57 PM
Scanlon is good enough although his younger brother will be something special. Mick Conway has all the skills so will be interesting to see those if have the committment and the attitude. Ken Donnolly was immense for Ellistown during the champion don't know if he can step up, have really seen enough of the rest but have heard good reports. Good to see JC play the youth card...

prob JC's last throw of the dice.
if he had Kerry he still would do nothing I'm afraid.

Not sure which Flanagan that is but I hope he does well. Played against the Donnelleys fathers  - they were tinkers on the pitch. Team full of brothers and mad for rows!

thats what you get in that enclave in south west Kildare (no coincidence that they are beside laois ;))

youbetterbelieveit

lynchbhoy you are some man for the stirring!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on December 22, 2006, 09:23:02 AM
lynchbhoy you are some man for the stirring!

you'd think that
but its actually true !  :o

lynchbhoy

...and I am bored here in work...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 22, 2006, 09:15:21 AM

prob JC's last throw of the dice.
if he had Kerry he still would do nothing I'm afraid.

Not sure which Flanagan that is but I hope he does well. Played against the Donnelleys fathers  - they were tinkers on the pitch. Team full of brothers and mad for rows!

thats what you get in that enclave in south west Kildare (no coincidence that they are beside laois ;))

Amen Lynchbhoy, although some of my best mates are from Ellistown, they do look at me funny through their one eye....

The Donnellys younger brother Mick is the better footballer, just out of county minor...
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Never actually had a problem with ellistown myself Dinny - more so rathangan.

Ellistown would fight, but they were not bad fellas.
rathangan on the other hand

met Maguire last night , he had the kids from his club packing bags in Dunnes stores in their club tracksuits. I remarked about how fellas with northern accents overseeing a sqaud of 'military clad' underlings were usually arrested in that part of Dublin!

Dinny Breen

Staying in the same B&B with Maddog for the Langers wedding on NYE....

He hasn't been suspended for biting in a while ;)

He offered me a contract last week too  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 22, 2006, 11:26:07 AM
Staying in the same B&B with Maddog for the Langers wedding on NYE....

He hasn't been suspended for biting in a while ;)

He offered me a contract last week too  :o

not mad dog for nothing then (thinking more about his staying working where he is and trying to get you back in rather than smduging your cred there Dinny - though you could pull a sick month and pick up additional cash contracting. Let me know if you fancy doing this there is a way of doing it)
Aloso if yer up around NYE, give me a shout I can meet you for a coffee / quick pint, as I live not too far away