Daylight or lights

Started by The Claw, December 19, 2006, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

Which do ye prefer? It is easier to see and judge the ball in daylight, especially in hurling, when the lights are rarely high enough (THough Croker may have solved this) but there is something cool about playing under lights, its refreshing or something...

Dinny Breen

enjoy lights, always seems much quicker...
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

you can fool yourself into thinking you are important playing under floodlights and that it is a big game.
anyone can walk out in daylight after all!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Kerry Mike

In my day the only light I saw was when we trained in front of the one good headlight of a knackered Massey Ferguson parked in the middle of the field. T'was a hoor to see when the ball went behind the tractor, there was fierce skelping going on too. But we were happy.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Hardy

We didn't even have that in my day, KM. There's no headlights on horses.

BallyhaiseMan

Lights for sure....adds to the atmosphere of the game in my opinion...They take a bit of getting used to though...

dublinfella

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 19, 2006, 06:15:02 PM
..They take a bit of getting used to though...

agreed, nearly broke my nose losing sight of a high ball in the lights first time I played under them.

Redgreenery

Have to say lights are probably better as it adds a bit of excitment of been at the game and it makes a change.

bailestil

Lights definately are different to play under.
But it always seems to be higher scoring games underlights.

Some new floodlights would forget after 2 minutes that your even playing underlights.

youbetterbelieveit

agree it definitely adds to the atmosphere of a game been played under lights.

Gnevin

Remember the first Dublin game under lights  in the middle of December against Louth i think with about 2,500 there had the strangest league of ireland feel to it
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: dublinfella on December 19, 2006, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 19, 2006, 06:15:02 PM
..They take a bit of getting used to though...

agreed, nearly broke my nose losing sight of a high ball in the lights first time I played under them.

U should use de top of your head the next time to avoid injury  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...