Tyrone v Laois NFL 2008

Started by never kickt a ball, March 03, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

> mugsy looked hungrier last night, hope his injury only short term

> great to see brian back, he got a good reception, although the crowd put him of when he got the ball and passed it to a laois player.

> poor crowd for a bank holiday weekend

> £12 a bit steep but with kids free its a cheap night
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

KIDDO 4

Admission at Crossmaglen 11 sterling ,  the price debates continues .

rrhf

Harte was great going forward thought and hit 3 ggod points there were serious gaps left behind him imho and Laosi made it a close game through these gaps.  Did Mickey not see this?   
Ricey, Carlin and Mc Mahon were very poor.  Mc Mahon deserves another chance though.
To answer your question Orangeman he obviously dosent rate him 3 options including Phillip Jordan played 3 over the course of the 70.
Swift, PJ and Enda are Tyrones best players this year so far.
Forwards starting to perform, still need a little help from a Canavan style forwards coach.  The scorline is a decent tally. 
Generally an excellent game, Tyrone were a combination of good and awful, I think there are a lot of cracks covered up I have a fear that they may not get a point from their last 2. I thgink they'll be better com,e championship and this team is not far from their best.
The most impoirtant thing was the return to health of Brian Mc guigan,  the 3300 a(nd I thought there was about double that) sounded like a packed Croker, the Laois Lads beside me rose and gave our boy a standing ovation,  somethings you cant buy in the GAA.   

orangeman

somethings you cant buy in the GAA.     

For everything else there's MASTERCARD !  ;D

Seriously though it was great to see Mc Guigan back -

But Laois were poor and we only beat them by 2.

rrhf

No offence but I though Laois were poor, and tyrones attacking half backs were egiving them the keys to the kingdom, and I am a fan of both wing halfs, Why not play them in the half forward line. 
Is the Mulgrew man going to make it at the highest level? 

Aaron Boone

Quick word for MJ Tierney's free taking for Laois on Sat night which was excellent throughout. The ball was placed on the ground each time for his Jonny Wilkinson-style run-up. The kicks were accurate and long and he ended with 7 scores. Tyrone haven't taken a free kick off the ground since 2002.

rrhf

He has it to an art, one of the highlights of the game. 

Star Spangler

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 17, 2008, 09:55:54 PM
Quick word for MJ Tierney's free taking for Laois on Sat night which was excellent throughout. The ball was placed on the ground each time for his Jonny Wilkinson-style run-up. The kicks were accurate and long and he ended with 7 scores. Tyrone haven't taken a free kick off the ground since 2002.
I notice that Kerry are kicking frees from the ground to good effect also.