Well Done QUB

Started by bailestil, December 06, 2006, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Queen's take victory in Ryan Cup
Queen's boss James McCartan (centre) with his brothers Daniel and Eoin
James McCartan's QUB team includes his brothers Daniel and Eoin
Queen's defeated Garda College 1-18 to 2-12 after extra time to win the Ryan Cup final in Dublin on Tuesday.

Down man James McGovern scored Queen's goal in the clash at Ballymun Kickhams and helped the Belfast team earn their first Ryan Cup title in seven years.

James McCartan is again in charge of Queen's this year and the team includes his brothers Eoin and Dan.

The QUB side also included Derry men Gerard O'Kane and Gavin Donaghy plus Antrim player Kevin McGourty.

Queen's will hope to add the Sigerson Cup title to the Ryan Cup in February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6211852.stm

Well done to Wee James and the lads.
I'd assume the hatfield was wrecked last night then.
Its been a while since QUB have lifted a bit of silverware!

Anyone have a better match report? Laoisgaa perhaps?

seanaglis

Is Dan McCartan not too old to be a student at this stage? He must have graduated by now, hes 25

Cloc Mor

QuoteIts been a while since QUB have lifted a bit of silverware!
Would I be correct in thinking that the last piece of sliverware they 'lifted' was the Sigerson Cup which belonged to the Poly at the time.  It mysteriously reappeared early one morning in the Holylands.

Correct me if I am wrong.

never kickt a ball

How did BIFHE do in Datapac Div 2 final today??

nrico2006

Ur man McGourty must be a qware age too.  He must be 24/25.  Van Wilder?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Whacker

Bifhe drew 1-12 to 1-12 yesterday.  Supposed to be a very good game.

David McKeown

Kevin is the VP for Clubs and Services and is therefore eligable to play, no idea about Dan McCartan
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

BenDover

I think Dan is doing dentistry which is a 4-5 yr course

There's a few Van Wilders on this board as well lads namely El Cuervo and armaghumgola both these boyos made the most of the long but distinguished Uni careers. Isn't that right lads??  :D :D

el_cuervo_fc

6 years and proud bendover.  At least it wasn't geography!!!

umgolaarmagh

Leave Geography alone and i done 4 yrs which included a degree and a masters, (its all on the cv anyway)

Never none to wrecked the hatfield though. If QUB lads did wreck it they should be ashamed  ;D

BenDover

6 years jaysus i thought it was longer

Don't be knocking it a field trip to Mallorca is hard to beat no matter what course your doing!

el_cuervo_fc

Aye you just can't beat the field trip, i had a 3 month stay in Holland then 11 days in Barcelona.  lethal.  oh and a weekend in limerick ( i think that was the best).

As far as the hatfield is concerned, umgola ur right they should be ashamed,  let the Ormeau boys do it themselves

Spiritof98

I think El cuervo laid a trap for every fresher coming up to turn them into Alcoholics, did a good job too. Although I was always a good boy in my short distinguished uni career.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

el_cuervo_fc

I dunno about that spirit.......wat about the night of the water!?!?!?!

Spiritof98

Some night, I mind your lady friend that night, some set of coat hangers 8)
I'll go back if Marsdens back