Kieran McGeeney is New Kildare Manager

Started by Seany, September 18, 2007, 09:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: Star Spangler on September 19, 2007, 04:29:26 PM
Brilliant news for Kildare.  Their half-arsed preparatory methods have been legendary over the last few years.  If there's one thing for sure, Grimley and McGeeney will bring the latest thinking in training and fitness regimes.  Great stuff - maybe now I can put up a Kildare flag in the summer.  :P

You will be hoisting a white flag in June alright.

thebandit

Fair play to Geezer, I wonder what he will make of the mentality in the Kildare camp?

BallyhaiseMan

I bet lads on the Kildare panel will be getting sick at the thought at what awaits them on the training field and in the gym in the months ahead ;D

Pure Torture no doubt.

orangeman

It mightn't be too bad - Mc Geeney lives in the real world.

thebandit

Quote from: orangeman on September 19, 2007, 06:01:18 PM
It mightn't be too bad - Mc Geeney lives in the real world.

That man lives in his own world!

ExiledGael

Still haven't seen this confirmed anywhere, the Kildare lads are going nuts on their county website forum but at the end of it all nobody knows forsure. Jesus they've mentioned so many names on there it's ridiculous - McGeeney/Grimley/Micko(again)/Paidi/Tommy Carr/Dempsey/OJ Simpson

Sandy Hill

Kildare County Board will not be making any comment on this issue for a few weeks according to RTE Radio News.
"Stercus accidit"

orangeman

It looks like a done deal - the only thing left to resolve would be the "personal terms"  - apparently he has passed the medical and will be fit to play.

Over the Bar

Geezer will have them pumped up looking like michelin men in their white jerseys, eyes bulgin wanting to tear the heads off the armagh men when they meet in the league........ :o :o

ONeill

Jeez you'd think he'd want to take at least one year out (though I suppose he had a relatively play-free summer). Not getting personal here, but does he have a wife and kids?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

QuoteNot getting personal here, but does he have a wife and kids?

His wife is the gym and his kids are his biceps......he's been bringing them up for years

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2007, 10:21:07 PM
Jeez you'd think he'd want to take at least one year out (though I suppose he had a relatively play-free summer). Not getting personal here, but does he have a wife and kids?

Long term girlfriend is
Julie Davis
renowned physical fitness trainer,
she trained Cavan this year and is head of DCU elite athelte physical fitness programme.
they are well matched id say  :D

johnpower

I think it would be a great move for Kildare and McGeeny himself . Who would be his back up team ,?.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 19, 2007, 10:39:25 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2007, 10:21:07 PM

Long term girlfriend is
Julie Davis
renowned physical fitness trainer,
she trained Cavan this year and is head of DCU elite athelte physical fitness programme.
they are well matched id say  :D

And she's a total lasher as well.  :o

Will be interesting to see how Grimley fares. I'm undecided on him after his sojourn in Cavan, there was some improvements but some negatives too. Then again, it was the particular caste of mind that is the Cavan senior footballer he was working with, it might be different elsewhere.

ONeill

I just hope McGeeney doesn't still believe in the muscle. I don't think it enhanced Armagh's prospects whatsoever from 2004 on. Sure Paddy McKeever could've been a legend without the beef.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.