Tony Davis

Started by Dinny Breen, July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

What a plank, Spillane pulled him up over saying that the any of the losing provincial finalists would love to draw the winners of Kildare v Louth. He squirmed and slithered and said that he said that in private Pat and then mumbled something about Kildare being good in Newbridge etc etc.

For Christ sake Davis grow a back-bone, everything you said is true, on form Kildare and Louth are the 2 of the worst teams left and would be the preferred draw for a beaten finalist, any one-eyed Kildare or Louth man can see that.

The Sunday game pundits are brutal, although I like him I had to laugh at Michael Duigan yesterday, he said the Eoin Kelly switch would favour Limerick, how wrong was he?
#newbridgeornowhere

Goats Do Shave

With Johhny Doyle in your team...Kildare have always a chance!

Soooper footballer!

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 AM
What a plank, Spillane pulled him up over saying that the any of the losing provincial finalists would love to draw the winners of Kildare v Louth. He squirmed and slithered and said that he said that in private Pat and then mumbled something about Kildare being good in Newbridge etc etc.

For Christ sake Davis grow a back-bone, everything you said is true, on form Kildare and Louth are the 2 of the worst teams left and would be the preferred draw for a beaten finalist, any one-eyed Kildare or Louth man can see that.

The Sunday game pundits are brutal, although I like him I had to laugh at Michael Duigan yesterday, he said the Eoin Kelly switch would favour Limerick, how wrong was he?

Did he not say that switching Kelly out the field would favour Limerick provided Mark Foley didn't follow him? Kelly got a point from midfield and then Foley moved out to pick him up leaving loads of space in the Limerick half which Waterford exploited by getting 2 goals in quick succession. I got the impression Duignan was saying that Foley would have been better off staying where he was and covering the full back line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tatler Jack

QuoteWhat a plank,

Was referred to a "Phony Tony" by the Cork U21 players when he was managing them a few years back.

Dinny Breen

QuoteDid he not say that switching Kelly out the field would favour Limerick provided Mark Foley didn't follow him?

Not when the switch was made, in fairness it was good punditry to highlight the switch but he called it favouring Limerick just a tad too early imho.

QuoteWith Johhny Doyle in your team...Kildare have always a chance!

Too dependent unfortunately...
#newbridgeornowhere

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 AM

The Sunday game pundits are brutal

I quite like Tohill as a pundit. Good old Spillane himself had a good one at the end of the programme, telling us about the forthcoming Tyrone - Donegal Ulster Final ;D

rosnarun

the standard Of GAA punditary  is awfuk but it was great to see the enthusiasm of antony daly on the SG last night calling it as it is with Ger loughnane. you too often get the idea most of the interesting stuff is said off air like tony Davis or charlie redmond with Cake last year talking about dublin mayo  . come on lads what have you got to lose  its not as though any one takes any heed of ye any way.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Craigyhill Terror

Davis lost any credibility he ever had when he said after the 2005 semi-final between Armagh and Tyrone that the Tommy Murphy Cup final on before it was a better game

thebandit

Spillane keeps cutting off the analysts when they are saying something - he is desperate!

Tohill has improved this year IMO, Davis is terrible. O Rourke and Brolly are good.

john mcgill

Davis the man who threw his jersey in the dressing room and refused to play for his club again.  I rest my case.  Or as Silky Sullivan used to say in front of the judge in San Francisco, when he was up on drunk and disorderly charges every second Monday, $5  next case!

AZOffaly

I thought Duignan was correct in the hurling game. He said that it would favour Limerick as they would be hoovering up balls in there with a spare man (my words). When Foley moved out, the dynamic changed completely, and he highlighted it again straight away. Of course Duignan is the only Offaly man left in the championship, so my views could be biased :D

(Unless Brian Gavin gets another game to ref after Babs' attack)

Dinny Breen

QuoteHe said that it would favour Limerick as they would be hoovering up balls in there with a spare man (my words).

He called it wrong, it favoured Waterford and was a great tactical move, Duigan just back-tracked. Still a good pundit though
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Tohill talks a lot of sense but does anyone else think he is not given as much air time as the other lads and they only really come to him to talk about Ulster?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thebandit

I'd agrre with that

The Bottom Brick

Davis and Tohill are obviously coached to say "Pat" at the end of every sentence. Drives me fuckin mental.

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!