GAA Rules

Started by joebloggs, July 07, 2007, 04:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Anyone know what the rules are with the GAA regarding irish companies. If the GAA are purchasing equipment/services whatever do they have to use an Irish source unless one is not available?

heganboy

Allegedly, unless they are from new zealand, see gaa.ie for example :-(
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

joebloggs

yes thats what i was wondering becuase theres a few parts of the website from that part of the world. And it terrible!

Denn Forever

I thought so.  I was surprised when I saw Azurri (I think) jerseys but I thought that they were replica jerseys.  Is this the New Zealand connection that was metioned?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Pangurban

Failure to support Irish industry would be against the spirit if not the letter of laws contained within the Official Guide.

heganboy

Gaa.ie the official website is run by a new zealand company. I don't know how they had the nerve, its not like we are short of technical expertise in ireland...

southdown

Correct me if I wrong, but did Kerry once have jersey made by Adidias, only to be told that they had to wear jerseys made by Irsih companies??

heganboy

Fishead_Sam

Surely any rule that says you have to only allow Irish Kit makers is breaking European Union Law & therefore illegal.

Deal_Me_In

The rules are that all playing wear, i.e socks, shorts and jerseys have to be made in ireland, any leisure wear, replica gear or equipment can be made anywhere in the world and imported. Take the issue with tyrone replica jerseys being held at customs in romania before the All ireland fina in 2003l. Jack Carey (DJs brother) has a company set up in Bratislava to manufacture hurls which are then imported.