Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

I don't think there is a big lot between these sides but Monaghan have a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to Tyrone. Even in the pre match talk you would think they were division 3 going up against a top 2 side such is their reverence for Tyrone. Combine that with the fact that the game is in Omagh and I can only really see one outcome today.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 13, 2023, 09:04:06 PM
Remember Thur nights where the team was named and you could talk in depth about the upcoming match.
Changed times.
Will we get 10K at it?

And Club Tyrone had a night in Garvaghey ..

NotedObserver

Tyrone fans show up in a AI final these days unfortunately.

seafoid

Ulster and Connacht are the only provinces with clashes of the big teams at this stage of the all Ireland.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Monaghan are 5/2. They must have a decent chance .

Wildweasel74

No body ruling Monaghan out, but their age profile is against them. You can't play a lad of, 36 at Midfield

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 16, 2023, 12:28:09 PM
No body ruling Monaghan out, but their age profile is against them. You can't play a lad of, 36 at Midfield

Don't rule lads out because of their age.

That's silly.

RedHand88

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 16, 2023, 10:16:57 AM
Remember Thur nights where the team was named and you could talk in depth about the upcoming match.
Changed times.
Will we get 10K at it?

Thought this myself yesterday. Barely a whisper about it all week. And like it's the Ulster championship ffs.
Are people moving away from the county game and taking more interest in clubs? Is the new schedule to blame? Traditionally we would have associated the Ulster championship with early summer. Pints and burgers and sunshine. Be none of that today.

Tubberman

Quote from: marty34 on April 16, 2023, 12:46:24 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 16, 2023, 12:28:09 PM

Don't rule lads out because of their age.

That's silly.

Well, it's not. I assume you don't deny that a players ability to get around the pitch diminishes from their mid 30s at latest?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Lucifer

I have 2 free tickets for this if anyone needs any? Can be emailed over

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 16, 2023, 01:02:24 PM
Changed times.
Will we get 10K at it?

Thought this myself yesterday. Barely a whisper about it all week. And like it's the Ulster championship ffs.
Are people moving away from the county game and taking more interest in clubs? Is the new schedule to blame? Traditionally we would have associated the Ulster championship with early summer. Pints and burgers and sunshine. Be none of that today.

Can't believe I'm on the Tyrone v Monaghan thread ( may God forgive  me!) but have to agree.
The early start to the championship has been a disaster  so far.
Zero  atmosphere at Armagh v Antrim. Ditto Derry v Fermanagh . You could make the case that everyone knew how those would end up before they threw the ball in.
But Mayo v Roscommon in weather more suited to a league game with a poor enough attendance. That will worry the suits in Croke Park.
First "real" game in Ulster today. Fancy Tyrone but Monaghan might just have enough about them to cause an upset or at least make a game of it.
Will be interesting to see the attendance and what the atmosphere is like.

Rois

Changed times.
Will we get 10K at it?

Club Tyrone had a night in Garvaghey on Thursday past

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Certainly doesn't have the feel of a traditional championship match but hopefully there is a decent enough crowd and plenty of intensity when it gets going. Never tends to be much between these sides and sure to be closer than the recent league match which lacked much bite even before the dismissals. From a Tyrone point of view it's hard to know where we are. The Kerry game brought hope but the subsequent performances against Monaghan and Armagh were pretty mixed. I do feel Tyrone's best chance this year is aiming to try and get some momentum behind them and find form. As such, a wee run through Ulster would be welcome. Not totally convinced there are enough scores in the named team but we'll soon find out.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Rois on April 16, 2023, 03:10:38 PM
Changed times.
Will we get 10K at it?

Club Tyrone had a night in Garvaghey on Thursday past

Oh right. Didn't know.
You'd think there d be a few photos on the Tyrone gaa Facebook. Very poor PR