Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Surprised M. ONeill back in
Glad McNamee back in full back line

Redhand Santa

It'll be interesting to see where O'Neill lines out. I'd def have him as a better half back than forward. Him dropping back will give the likes of Harte meyler and mckernan plenty of cover to get forward.

NotedObserver

Would like to see Oguz in from start as one for the future but hopefully see game time at some point. Will be interested to see how Oneill and mcgeary get on

omagh_gael

Joe Oguz can feel pretty hard done by here but Fergal and Brian likely still have nightmares about the ease with which Mayo cut through us for goals. O'Neill provides more covet around that 6 channel and we'll likely see Oguz come on in the 2nd half for McGeary.

CK_Redhand

McCurry and D Canavan will stay up front for the most part but the rest are sweepers, runners, middle eight, quarterbacks, ... whatever label you want to put on them. The numbers on the back of the shirt mean nothing.

Unlaoised

Love to see Monaghan win this  nobody likes Tyrone
LAOIS ABÚ

clarshack

Main Street

You never know, an unfancied Monaghan caught Tyrone out of their zone and beat them handy enough the last time they played in Healy Pk  in the championship.
Hopefully Conor McManus  is fit enough to start in what would be his 17th championship season.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on April 13, 2023, 10:56:57 PM
You never know, an unfancied Monaghan caught Tyrone out of their zone and beat them handy enough the last time they played in Healy Pk  in the championship.
Hopefully Conor McManus  is fit enough to start in what would be his 17th championship season.

If so, that's some achievement.

Fuzzman

I wonder is it back to 2021 tactics.
Hard working defensive setup first half and then bring on the scorers to finish it off?

Oguz looks good for the future but didn't do enough in the league in my eyes to start but could well be a good ball winner from kickouts going forward

Redhand Santa

McCarty, Bannigan, O'Hanlon, McManus and McCarron - that's a very strong looking Monaghan forward unit on paper. If they get the right supply will cause plenty of problems.

Fuzzman

Not many at the Derry game today.
Don't think I can ever remember less of a build up before a first round match.
Tomorrow could be a very defensive game.
Can't see Canavan and Dazzler getting much space.

It would be nice to get a chance to put the Derry wans back in their box

ONeill

That's the spirit.

What if Derry bate us well again though if we get by the Oriel?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Monaghan an old team, they be gone after this year, they keep with Tyrone in the 1st half but Tyrone pull away in the 2nd.

Captain Obvious

How many of that Monaghan published starting team are in their 30s?