Football team of the 90s

Started by theticklemister, August 15, 2018, 10:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Ah here just f**k off altogether. The lad got dropped on his head with arms pinned to his sides after being grabbed from behind. Only big donk Aussies go on about that kind of shite, confusing someone being a great Gaelic footballer with being some kind of rock hard brute.

Anyway, there's simply no way I could pick a team for this list because I would be way too biased and it would be a matter of picking which Meathman over another.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

clarshack

Quote from: BennyCake on August 17, 2018, 12:39:42 AM
A lot of Meath players still around in the 90's like O'Rourke, Lyons, Beggy, Stafford, Hayes , all worth a mention.

Cork's John O'Driscoll, Shay Fahy.

Liam McHale deserves a mention too.

class player but i think he was always injury prone. i was right behind the goals when he scored that cracking goal in the 93 final.

Puckoon

Quote from: thejuice on August 17, 2018, 11:48:02 PM
Ah here just f**k off altogether. The lad got dropped on his head with arms pinned to his sides after being grabbed from behind. Only big donk Aussies go on about that kind of shite, confusing someone being a great Gaelic footballer with being some kind of rock hard brute.

Anyway, there's simply no way I could pick a team for this list because I would be way too biased and it would be a matter of picking which Meathman over another.

Yer man is full of shite. Any county in Ireland from inception to present day would want a Graham Geraghty in their side. He tore us apart in 1996 and what a player he was for another decade.

stephenite

Greaghty is first name down for me, the fukcer

omaghjoe

Sure werent there about 5 on top of Ciaran McDonald and he just laughed at them. Benny Coulter faced them up and got stuck into them.
All Geraghty ever did was slabber and put it dirty digs, they smelt the yellowness in him and nailed him when he held onto the ball to long.
There'd be no room for soft suburbanites on my team

tonto1888

Got to agree with you. That was a ridiculous post form therealdonald

Therealdonald

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 18, 2018, 02:20:20 PM

Geraghty was a media darling. All time great he was not. Between 1999 (his last All-Ireland) and 2009, what exactly did he do? It's not like I'm anti Meath because Giles and Martin O'Connell would be on it. But Geraghty was always over-rated.

downjim

Seen on social media that Mickey Linden is still playing reserves at 55, that's absolutely nuts

seafoid

Quote from: Therealdonald on August 20, 2018, 09:17:31 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 18, 2018, 02:20:20 PM

Geraghty was a media darling. All time great he was not. Between 1999 (his last All-Ireland) and 2009, what exactly did he do? It's not like I'm anti Meath because Giles and Martin O'Connell would be on it. But Geraghty was always over-rated.
Great players have often ended their careers with teams who can't keep the ball kicked out. Padraic Joyce was on the Galway team that lost to Antrim. Doesn't mean he was a crap player. Same goes for GG.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: downjim on August 22, 2018, 10:17:37 AM
Seen on social media that Mickey Linden is still playing reserves at 55, that's absolutely nuts

Wasn't he an All-Ireland sprint champion at Masters level as well?
He's in some shape.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aristo 60

Larry Reilly has purposefully never entered a running race just in case Mickey Linden would turn up and explode the myth of Larry Reilly.