Gaillimh v Maigh Eo, Staid na Gaoithe, 1400, 10-Fea-2018

Started by macdanger2, February 05, 2018, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: ballinaman on February 07, 2018, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 07, 2018, 07:56:56 AM
Quote from: slippery dodger on February 07, 2018, 05:09:32 AM
What kind of crowd are ye expecting in Salthill on Sunday?

I'd say there could be between 8 and 10k at it.
That's a big disparity Farr..between 8 people and 10 thousand people ?

it means he will probably be right

rosnarun

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 07, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 07, 2018, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 07, 2018, 07:56:56 AM
Quote from: slippery dodger on February 07, 2018, 05:09:32 AM
What kind of crowd are ye expecting in Salthill on Sunday?

I'd say there could be between 8 and 10k at it.
That's a big disparity Farr..between 8 people and 10 thousand people ?

it means he will probably be right
or is he just doing a Ger Loughnane." If Ihad my way, I wouldn't even tell them the time of the throw-in"
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

It is such a pity that Mayo haven't won Sam yet. The Galway hurlers would have been working away over a similar time period and experiencing similar heartbreak. Now that they have done it everyone looks at them differently.  I hope Mayo find the extra bit they need this year.
Also if Ros get promoted there could be 3 Connacht teams in D1 next year. That would be good for improving the standards in the province.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 07, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
Mayo will be well up for this game especially given last weeks antics by Kerry. The mayoblog has made for entertaining reading this week, perhaps I'm harsh but the main man has a high opinion of himself.

I'd expect COC to start this week as there's no better man at guiding the ref through a game these days. Comer could certainly learn a thing or two from his rival captain in terms of his craftiness, his temperament has been exceptional since his sending off in Limerick a few years 3 years ago.

Seems that way with him alright. The Mayo news podcasts can't be done without him now it seems either and having his brother and son giving their views on the podcasts in the past shows how much of a pull he has with the Mayo GAA media now.

rosnarun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 07, 2018, 03:55:39 PM
Mayo will be well up for this game especially given last weeks antics by Kerry. The mayoblog has made for entertaining reading this week, perhaps I'm harsh but the main man has a high opinion of himself.

I'd expect COC to start this week as there's no better man at guiding the ref through a game these days. Comer could certainly learn a thing or two from his rival captain in terms of his craftiness, his temperament has been exceptional since his sending off in Limerick a few years 3 years ago.

Seems that way with him alright. The Mayo news podcasts can't be done without him now it seems either and having his brother and son giving their views on the podcasts in the past shows how much of a pull he has with the Mayo GAA media now.

proper windbag. doesn't seem to to go to half the games
cant listen to it when hes on it neraly as bad as the look at me club51 crowd , mayo mick excepted.
I suppose it part of the price of being high profile . you get liggers
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

I didn't know WJ has a son old enough to take part in a podcast. Either he's much older that he looks or he began bonking at a very early age. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Manning18

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 06, 2018, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 06, 2018, 03:11:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 06, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
Comer will play against Mayo! If Galway win, I can see Galway using him more sparingly after that as the pressure to stay in the Division will be off. The fixtures so far have suited Galway and I think this fixture is coming at a good time for them.

Care to explain how you think the fixtures suited them? Tyrone is not a fixture you would hand pick to start your league campaign and trying to beat Donegal away in round 2 is tough or be it they have a very poor record in Letterkenny. Mayo hard to know where they are at yet but could beat Monaghan away so should be capable of beating Galway.

You avoided Kerry and Dublin. You played Donegal in Letterkenny, a place they never do well in! You meet a Mayo team who never start well in the League. Tyrone at the moment look to be still shook from last years semi-final.  If Galway were playing Mayo in Castlebar, I'd be less confident.

You're making a dogs dinner of proving this opinion. You do realise we'll have to play Dublin and Kerry later on?

In round 1, Galway couldve got a Mayo team just back from holidays, a Monaghan team with Hughes & McManus out and that look half fit, or a Kerry side missing 14 players. Instead they got the one team that had hit the ground running up to that point in Tyrone. Round 2 they meet a reasonably forward Donegal side. They don't meet Kerry or Monaghan now until late on when they'll have likely sorted their injuries. Plus Galway are they only team in division 1 that have to contend with missing players through the club championships. The luck of fixtures has been anything but favorable

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 07, 2018, 06:12:08 PM

I didn't know WJ has a son old enough to take part in a podcast. Either he's much older that he looks or he began bonking at a very early age. ;D

He was on during summer podcasts, a young child around 10 i'd say.  WJ also praises him for doing to well in the prediction league he has set up on his blog.

Manning18

The "tinfoil hat" vibe has always hung around that site but it really seems to be strong this week

An Fhairche Abu

It's turned into a desperate echo chamber, there is very valid criticism to be made about Kerry cynicism (I'm thoroughly sick of the false narrative constantly pushed in the media by the ex Kerry players about their "pure football")  but Mayo are well fit for it themselves, they could do with dropping the victim complex.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 07, 2018, 06:59:15 PM
It's turned into a desperate echo chamber, there is very valid criticism to be made about Kerry cynicism (I'm thoroughly sick of the false narrative constantly pushed in the media by the ex Kerry players about their "pure football")  but Mayo are well fit for it themselves, they could do with dropping the victim complex.

Yes, I agree Mayo are no Angels (far from it)! But a player getting a broken Jaw in a League Game deserves the Victim treatment!

An Fhairche Abu

To be clear Shanahan deserved a red card for a cynical high tackle, it's a terrible injury for Regan as a result of a bad challenge.
It's all the other nonsense spouted over there as if there's some conspiracy against Mayo that is feeding a completely unwarranted victim complex.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 07, 2018, 07:53:09 PM
To be clear Shanahan deserved a red card for a cynical high tackle, it's a terrible injury for Regan as a result of a bad challenge.
It's all the other nonsense spouted over there as if there's some conspiracy against Mayo that is feeding a completely unwarranted victim complex.

Aye. That and the uncapableness of being able to post an opinion anymore doesn't go down well with me.

P.S. good one ballinaman  :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

Used to enjoy listening  to the Mayo News podcasts until Willie Joe and his family took over.Not interested in listening to someone giving expert analysis who has never played the game.The out cry over the Ronan Shanahan and Evan Regan incident is getting embarrassing at this stage and makes Mayo people look like cry babies and whiners.

Farrandeelin

Time to move on from last week's defeat. My initial prediction still stands. Hopefully the players aren't caught up in the histrionics of last weekend as much as the fans are. Kevin Walsh will have Galway fired up for this one. Mayo better be prepared. Even the backlash that may follow afterwards.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.