Ballyragget GAC

Started by screenexile, October 25, 2017, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Those Hurlers, up to no good again.

seafoid

Canice Picklington would not be impressed.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 26, 2017, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 10:33:17 AM
No sympathy for anyone involved.

What the hell ever happened to the ages old GAA tradition taking the cup round pubs, getting it filled & enjoying the craic with the people from your club & community?

Bit odd that you have no sympathy for a young fella involved in something fairly harmless but you seem to have some level of sympathy for Tom Humphries  :o

Quote from: inthrough on October 24, 2017, 06:17:52 PM
I have no time for what Tom Humphries did, he misused the power he had over a vulnerable youg girl in a truly terrible way but I have to say that I find the sanctimony on display here hard to stomach.

I seem to remember some beardy fella saying something along the lines of "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Tom Humphries life is over, he is going to prison, he is estranged from his family & will never work again. Maybe we should look at this sad episode & wonder at all the other episodes of power being wielded over defenceless people in the world today & maybe even have a wee look at our own attitudes & actions before we stomp all over Tom Humphries.

If you read my post you will see that the first thing I say is "I have no time for what Tom Humphries did, he misused the power he had over a vulnerable youg girl in a truly terrible way"

If that isn't clear enough for you then I can't help you.

You're pretty clear in the first line but the remainder of the post seems fairly sympathetic to me.

What these lads were at might be disgusting and stupid but ultimately no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of others have done the same without being exposed in this way.

general_lee

Some snow flakes on here. Any you boys ever go on a stag? What did yas do? Play snap and have a few bottles of club orange?  ::) there's far worse goes on, with current county players might I add, than what these lads did. The only unfortunate thing here is that it has all got out and the players are likely to get in hot water with Kilkenny county board. Give them a slap on the wrist and it will be forgot about in a week or two

Itchy

The GAA need to leave these lads alone, whats it got to do with them. Actually, on second thoughts, the GAA should embrace this and participation in the games might improve hugely.

Dinny Breen

Thank god they didn't have smart phones when I was a young bucko. Luckily for those young lads they weren't rugby players from Foxrock or soccer players from Tallaght, the narrative would be completely different.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 26, 2017, 11:20:57 AM
Thank god they didn't have smart phones when I was a young bucko. Luckily for those young lads they weren't rugby players from Foxrock or soccer players from Tallaght, the narrative would be completely different.

Really? I think they're getting quite a going over from what I've seen.

TabClear

Quote from: Itchy on October 26, 2017, 11:18:29 AM
The GAA need to leave these lads alone, whats it got to do with them. Actually, on second thoughts, the GAA should embrace this and participation in the games might improve hugely.

Exactly. Storm in a DD cup. 

In all seriousness, the GAA taking any kind of action only gives this legs/publicity and the moral PC brigade get up on their high horses. Young lads celebrating, got out of hand but no harm done. The fcukwits who videoed and posted the footage and the internal Whatsapp group online should get a good slap though. As has been said before, you cant have a quiet pint now without some f**king moron sticking a camera in your face, or bumping into you  while they try to get a good "selfie" with their "bestie". And as for the pricks that feel the need to take photos of their food/pint..... ::) ::)

inthrough

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 26, 2017, 11:11:58 AM
Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 26, 2017, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 10:33:17 AM
No sympathy for anyone involved.

What the hell ever happened to the ages old GAA tradition taking the cup round pubs, getting it filled & enjoying the craic with the people from your club & community?

Bit odd that you have no sympathy for a young fella involved in something fairly harmless but you seem to have some level of sympathy for Tom Humphries  :o

Quote from: inthrough on October 24, 2017, 06:17:52 PM
I have no time for what Tom Humphries did, he misused the power he had over a vulnerable youg girl in a truly terrible way but I have to say that I find the sanctimony on display here hard to stomach.

I seem to remember some beardy fella saying something along the lines of "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Tom Humphries life is over, he is going to prison, he is estranged from his family & will never work again. Maybe we should look at this sad episode & wonder at all the other episodes of power being wielded over defenceless people in the world today & maybe even have a wee look at our own attitudes & actions before we stomp all over Tom Humphries.

If you read my post you will see that the first thing I say is "I have no time for what Tom Humphries did, he misused the power he had over a vulnerable youg girl in a truly terrible way"

If that isn't clear enough for you then I can't help you.

You're pretty clear in the first line but the remainder of the post seems fairly sympathetic to me.

What these lads were at might be disgusting and stupid but ultimately no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of others have done the same without being exposed in this way.
Lots of people get away with lots of things in their lives, myself included. Doesn't mean we deserve any sympathy when we get caught out.

Consequences I think they're called.

skeog

Dont think that team are saying many rosarys before game.Be excommunicated if they were under MH.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

Yep really, I just think there is a  cross section of the media that love sticking the boot into soccer, perceived working class and rugby perceived upper class every opportunity they get. These guys and you can see it here on occasion here as well believe that somehow the GAA has different values and ethos. To me this just shows regardless of the sport that boys will be boys.
#newbridgeornowhere

inthrough

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 26, 2017, 11:41:17 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

Yep really, I just think there is a  cross section of the media that love sticking the boot into soccer, perceived working class and rugby perceived upper class every opportunity they get. These guys and you can see it here on occasion here as well believe that somehow the GAA has different values and ethos. To me this just shows regardless of the sport that boys will be boys.

I'd say there's a cross section that love sticking the boot into GAA as well. How often have you seen 'GAA Star blah blah blah' headlines, only to find out it was some lad from the Saint Benedicts 'B' team that hasn't played in 10 years. I suppose it reflects our sensitivities. I notice when GAA lads are hard done by.

longballin

Bit of craic... whoever let the footage out needs a slap.

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2017, 11:06:49 AM
Canice Picklington would not be impressed.
Canice would be a great believer in the phrase "Mol an oige agus tiocfaidh said" - or, in English, "praise the youth and they will come".

But being videoed coming while being sucked off by a stripper after winning a county intermediate title is definitely not what he had in mind.