AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 10:21:40 AM
It seems the actions of thugs on a train should now be compared to incidents on the pitch. Maybe I should bring up the many incidents of violence St Mickey and his band of merry men have inflicted on the GAA over the years. Good luck to ye lads - you deserve these drunken louts.

What about the actions of Cavan fans and management back in 2014 on their u21 Championship exist?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM
I spoke to a work mate yesterday morning, he was on the train coming from the Liverpool match with his young son and his partner. He said at one point he feared that he'd get bottled. Has never heard as much disgusting language and rebel songs and people standing peeing up against doors.

What's wrong with rebel songs?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 10:40:28 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM
It seems the actions of thugs on a train should now be compared to incidents on the pitch. Maybe I should bring up the many incidents of violence St Mickey and his band of merry men have inflicted on the GAA over the years. Good luck to ye lads - you deserve these drunken louts.

You are bringing the pitch in by pointing the finger at Tyrone fans to condemn and be embarrassed by their actions. This is a bunch of kids who could have red, white, black or blue jerseys on, doing what they do on St Paddys day or on a Saturday night. You are as much part of society that created this drink and loutish culture and as such should be apologizing just as much as anyone from Tyrone.

I didnt ask for anyone to apologise for the actions of others - Did I? I said it should be condemned but most importantly the county boards involved should show some leadership and release a statement saying it will not be tolerated. Just like Roscommon did last week on a different issue.

As for this being a societal issue, I don't hear of Kerry fans or Roscommon fans or Mayo fans fighting on trains over the weekend? This behaviour is more prevalent in Tyrone and Armagh than any other county I have encountered over the years. Anyone living in Clones knows that.
That happened at a GAA game. And even at that, I don't think the Roscommon Board needed to issue the statement. Explain to me what a County board can do to stop fans getting intoxicated and fighting on a train or even in pub for that matter? They have no authority over the fans at that stage. If asked about it, I'd expect Mickey to condemn it. Apart from that, I don't think there's anything that can be done that the police haven't done.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Il Bomber Destro

It's strange that Itchy thinks it was fine for Cavan fans and management team to accost a match official but gets very sanctimonious when there's some drunken fisticuffs on a packed train.

punt kick

Hopefully the respective county boards condemned this!!

Itchy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 08, 2017, 11:15:25 AM

You are bringing the pitch in by pointing the finger at Tyrone fans to condemn and be embarrassed by their actions. This is a bunch of kids who could have red, white, black or blue jerseys on, doing what they do on St Paddys day or on a Saturday night. You are as much part of society that created this drink and loutish culture and as such should be apologizing just as much as anyone from Tyrone.

I didnt ask for anyone to apologise for the actions of others - Did I? I said it should be condemned but most importantly the county boards involved should show some leadership and release a statement saying it will not be tolerated. Just like Roscommon did last week on a different issue.

As for this being a societal issue, I don't hear of Kerry fans or Roscommon fans or Mayo fans fighting on trains over the weekend? This behaviour is more prevalent in Tyrone and Armagh than any other county I have encountered over the years. Anyone living in Clones knows that.
That happened at a GAA game. And even at that, I don't think the Roscommon Board needed to issue the statement. Explain to me what a County board can do to stop fans getting intoxicated and fighting on a train or even in pub for that matter? They have no authority over the fans at that stage. If asked about it, I'd expect Mickey to condemn it. Apart from that, I don't think there's anything that can be done that the police haven't done.

You are right, they have no direct control but maybe a statement to call it what it is might go someway to shame them into stopping at the next game. Its called influencing without authority, what harm could it do. Its the total radio silence on an issue that has been around these two counties for a while that almost makes it sound acceptable. This is the GAA not English premier league soccer, we should expect better.

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 08, 2017, 11:21:50 AM
It's strange that Itchy thinks it was fine for Cavan fans and management team to accost a match official but gets very sanctimonious when there's some drunken fisticuffs on a packed train.

Bomber - you are clearly a moron and I will not be engaging in this ridiculous "whataboutery" you have embarked on here. Now get back to your buckfast like a good lad.

tonto1888

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM
I spoke to a work mate yesterday morning, he was on the train coming from the Liverpool match with his young son and his partner. He said at one point he feared that he'd get bottled. Has never heard as much disgusting language and rebel songs and people standing peeing up against doors.

Clearly never been to anfield then

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 08, 2017, 11:21:50 AM

Bomber - you are clearly a moron and I will not be engaging in this ridiculous "whataboutery" you have embarked on here. Now get back to your buckfast like a good lad.

Whataboutery exposes your double standards. That's why you don't want to focus on your support of Cavan fans and management accosting match officials.

I'll just enlighten the forum of the sanctimonious rantings from a sleeveen Cavan hypocrite, probably a Fianna Fail voter I suspect.

punt kick

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 11:56:30 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 08, 2017, 11:15:25 AM

You are right, they have no direct control but maybe a statement to call it what it is might go someway to shame them into stopping at the next game. Its called influencing without authority, what harm could it do. Its the total radio silence on an issue that has been around these two counties for a while that almost makes it sound acceptable. This is the GAA not English premier league soccer, we should expect better.

A few lads had a few drinks and got into a fight - that what it was, no more no less.  In fairness to Cavan they usually start the fights, break a bone trying to judas someone and then cry to the papers.

BennyHarp

"Whataboutery" is a favourite word to use by hypocrites on Internet forums.
That was never a square ball!!

OakleafCounty

This kind of thing is nothing new. It was just filmed. I seen on Facebook Joe.ie had the video of Armagh and Tyrone fans dancing with the status say: "this is why GAA is the greatest sport in the world". Aye fans being intoxicated acting like idiots is what makes the GAA.

There's always been a drunken element within the mostly good natured Tyrone and Armagh fans in the summer. The Ulster final in I think 99 when Armagh beat Derry in a great game was a particular highlight where we were surrounded by Armagh fans I think from Lurgan. The shite we listened to from start to finish on the Hill in Clones was unreal. If it was soccer fans they'd be referred to as hooligans. 

Dire Ear

Quote from: MasterShake on August 08, 2017, 12:41:43 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/security-review-as-match-train-is-damaged-1.276439

I'll just park this here.
Good parking!
There are always gonna be young ones acting the eejit going to games, just as you're always gonna have Cavan and Moanaghan ones whinging about Tyrone.
Next up the Dubs, for hopefully a good game!!!!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 08, 2017, 12:54:39 PM
There are always gonna be young ones acting the eejit going to games, just as you're always gonna have Cavan and Moanaghan ones whinging about Tyrone.

Did  you ever hear of Cavan and Monaghan ones wrecking a train?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B