Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 09:27:52 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 20, 2014, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 09:08:19 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 20, 2014, 08:58:54 AM
Some people in Cavan really let themselves down yesterday not least this joker

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/cavan-boss-maybe-dublin-is-a-team-the-gaa-want-to-win-628329.html

Dubs need their shooting boots on for the next day or the mighty Ros will steamroll us

Peter Reilly is one of Cavans finest servants and is no joker. The GAA is gone money mad and milking the dubs is top of their agenda. Total joke that game was fixed for portlaoise and if u listen to the audio interview you will hear that is what Peter was referring to.

His behaviour and comments after the game were a disgrace. He might be doing fine work in Cavan but would want to cop himself on

I'll tell the next time I meet him. I'm sure he's awful concerned what the boys in Dublin think about him. Hard to take all the money and advantage Dublin get and then they get the venue and the calls from the ref too.

Sweep, sweep.

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 09:27:52 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 20, 2014, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 09:08:19 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 20, 2014, 08:58:54 AM
Some people in Cavan really let themselves down yesterday not least this joker

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/cavan-boss-maybe-dublin-is-a-team-the-gaa-want-to-win-628329.html

Dubs need their shooting boots on for the next day or the mighty Ros will steamroll us

Peter Reilly is one of Cavans finest servants and is no joker. The GAA is gone money mad and milking the dubs is top of their agenda. Total joke that game was fixed for portlaoise and if u listen to the audio interview you will hear that is what Peter was referring to.

His behaviour and comments after the game were a disgrace. He might be doing fine work in Cavan but would want to cop himself on

I'll tell the next time I meet him. I'm sure he's awful concerned what the boys in Dublin think about him. Hard to take all the money and advantage Dublin get and then they get the venue and the calls from the ref too.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2017, 07:28:54 AM
Quote from: Rois on August 08, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 07, 2017, 09:48:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 07, 2017, 08:15:33 PM
An absolute disgrace they need their arses kicked Garda shoulda made arrests and had them sit in the can for a night if nothing else. Obviously translink should ban the booze

Itchy... f**k update

Congrats on being the 1st Tyrone fan to condemn the behaviour.
You resemble the DUP or Stephen Nolan. Take your pick.

Disgraceful and embarrassing.

Where's your outrage at thugs boxing on a train? Ye have no problem abusing me though and comparing me to a bunch of right wing religious nut jobs. Maybe Tyrone fans should be allowed box on a train and everyone should say nothing about it? It's Tyrone gaa that should be embarrassed.

Btw- last week some Roscommon idiots booed Andy Moran, during the week Roscommon GAA showed some leadership and released a statement condemning it. This week no booing. What the chance the Tyrone GAA or St Mickey might show similar leadership?
Itchy you're a bit touchy but can see why - didn't mean YOU were disgraceful and embarrassing, I meant the behaviour of the idiots on the train. Yes I am embarrassed that people wearing any GAA jersies were involved. I think anyone on here is of the same opinion.
I wouldn't be sure about Bomber, Rois. He seems to be a membe of the paramilitary keyboard wingnut wing.

Keep letting Galway's famous 10IAR fester at you Seafoid.

BennyHarp

An absolute disgrace they need their arses kicked Garda shoulda made arrests and had them sit in the can for a night if nothing else. Obviously translink should ban the booze

Itchy... f**k update

Where's your outrage at thugs boxing on a train? Ye have no problem abusing me though and comparing me to a bunch of right wing religious nut jobs. Maybe Tyrone fans should be allowed box on a train and everyone should say nothing about it? It's Tyrone gaa that should be embarrassed.

Btw- last week some Roscommon idiots booed Andy Moran, during the week Roscommon GAA showed some leadership and released a statement condemning it. This week no booing. What the chance the Tyrone GAA or St Mickey might show similar leadership?
Itchy you're a bit touchy but can see why - didn't mean YOU were disgraceful and embarrassing, I meant the behaviour of the idiots on the train. Yes I am embarrassed that people wearing any GAA jersies were involved. I think anyone on here is of the same opinion.

I hate this shit. The bullying holier than thou brigade forcing decent people into apologizing or feeling embarrassed for actions of a bunch of mindless idiots who are as far removed from the vast vast majority of real GAA fans as can be. Itchy, you are as much part of the society that creates these morons as anyone from Tyrone and if you feel the need to be embarrassed, condemn or apologize then fair enough but otherwise grow up and stop trying to bully reactions out of people.
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 07:51:53 AM

Itchy... f**k update

I hate this shit. The bullying holier than thou brigade forcing decent people into apologizing or feeling embarrassed for actions of a bunch of mindless idiots who are as far removed from the vast vast majority of real GAA fans as can be. Itchy, you are as much part of the society that creates these morons as anyone from Tyrone and if you feel the need to be embarrassed, condemn or apologize then fair enough but otherwise grow up and stop trying to bully reactions out of people.

It's very strange Itchy had no condemnations at the time of the Cavan u21 game in 2014 and Gearoid McKiernan incident.

One would suspect his sanctimony must only have developed in the past year or so.

Taylor

Cavan people are insignificant to us.
We are at the top table now. This is the only kick out of life they would get now

Itchy

It seems the actions of thugs on a train should now be compared to incidents on the pitch. Maybe I should bring up the many incidents of violence St Mickey and his band of merry men have inflicted on the GAA over the years. Good luck to ye lads - you deserve these drunken louts.

paddyjohn

I spoke to a work mate yesterday morning, he was on the train coming from the Liverpool match with his young son and his partner. He said at one point he feared that he'd get bottled. Has never heard as much disgusting language and rebel songs and people standing peeing up against doors.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 10:21:40 AM
It seems the actions of thugs on a train should now be compared to incidents on the pitch. Maybe I should bring up the many incidents of violence St Mickey and his band of merry men have inflicted on the GAA over the years. Good luck to ye lads - you deserve these drunken louts.

You are bringing the pitch in by pointing the finger at Tyrone fans to condemn and be embarrassed by their actions. This is a bunch of kids who could have red, white, black or blue jerseys on, doing what they do on St Paddys day or on a Saturday night. You are as much part of society that created this drink and loutish culture and as such should be apologizing just as much as anyone from Tyrone.
That was never a square ball!!

Itchy

Itchy... f**k update

Apologies Rois, I mis-read your post.

Itchy

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM

You are bringing the pitch in by pointing the finger at Tyrone fans to condemn and be embarrassed by their actions. This is a bunch of kids who could have red, white, black or blue jerseys on, doing what they do on St Paddys day or on a Saturday night. You are as much part of society that created this drink and loutish culture and as such should be apologizing just as much as anyone from Tyrone.

I didnt ask for anyone to apologise for the actions of others - Did I? I said it should be condemned but most importantly the county boards involved should show some leadership and release a statement saying it will not be tolerated. Just like Roscommon did last week on a different issue.

As for this being a societal issue, I don't hear of Kerry fans or Roscommon fans or Mayo fans fighting on trains over the weekend? This behaviour is more prevalent in Tyrone and Armagh than any other county I have encountered over the years. Anyone living in Clones knows that.

balladmaker

Translink have alot to answer for here.  They were supposed to ensure people who had tickets for a specific train actually got onto the correct train.  There were loads of Liverpool fans on the GAA Special train that I was on.  That's fine, but they openly admitted that they've just jumped onto any train.  Therefore any overcrowding needs to be levelled at Translink.  Also, if the trouble makers on the Enterprise had tickets for the Football special, then why were they on the Enterprise.  Either way, a few louts who can't hold their drink give us all a bad name.  In future, drink should not be permitted onto the trains, and that will get rid of alot of the loutish behaviour, once again a failing of Translink this time round for allowing boxes of beer to be taken on.  I watched a young girl no more than 20 open a half bottle of whiskey on the way down to Dublin ... like WTF!

APM

I was in Croke Park for the Kildare match and having parked, a bus load of 18-22 year olds landed and the proceeded to act the maggot along Drumcondra Road.  They were hammered for a start, pushing/shoving each other, bumping into other pedestrians and slabbering for all they were worth.  It is great to see and hear big support for the county, but there is nothing more embarrassing to see fellow supporters carrying on like that, all neatly identifiable as Armagh and GAA supporters. 

However, if you think this is an Armagh or Tyrone problem you're deluded.  Every county has their share of assholes following them and some of them can't even use drink as an excuse for their boorish behaviour.  The notion that going to the match includes 6/7 pints in a bar before hand or a carryout on the way down the road.  I hesitate to ask, but you can honestly tell me that Cavan doesn't have a problem with laddish behaviour and that these lads wouldn't be in Croke Park the next time Cavan put a run together. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Itchy on August 08, 2017, 10:40:28 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM

I didnt ask for anyone to apologise for the actions of others - Did I? I said it should be condemned but most importantly the county boards involved should show some leadership and release a statement saying it will not be tolerated. Just like Roscommon did last week on a different issue.

As for this being a societal issue, I don't hear of Kerry fans or Roscommon fans or Mayo fans fighting on trains over the weekend? This behaviour is more prevalent in Tyrone and Armagh than any other county I have encountered over the years. Anyone living in Clones knows that.

Itchy,

Before Saturday, I have never heard of Tyrone or Armagh fans being involved in fighting on a train either.
I dont know what you want normal Tyrone or Armagh fans to do about this, or what you think the county boards can do?
The reality is if a group of young lads (and apparently girls) what to use a game in Croke park as an excuse for a day out on the rip, it doesn't really have anything to do with the GAA or the specific counties as much as it may reflect badly on them.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

punt kick

Itchy you are coming across as a bit of a sanctimonious p***k if truth be told, wind your neck in, a couple of lads boxing on a train has feck all to do with the respective county boards because they were wearing county jerseys.

punt kick

Quote from: balladmaker on August 08, 2017, 10:47:25 AM
Translink have alot to answer for here.  They were supposed to ensure people who had tickets for a specific train actually got onto the correct train.  There were loads of Liverpool fans on the GAA Special train that I was on.  That's fine, but they openly admitted that they've just jumped onto any train.  Therefore any overcrowding needs to be levelled at Translink.  Also, if the trouble makers on the Enterprise had tickets for the Football special, then why were they on the Enterprise.  Either way, a few louts who can't hold their drink give us all a bad name.  In future, drink should not be permitted onto the trains, and that will get rid of alot of the loutish behaviour, once again a failing of Translink this time round for allowing boxes of beer to be taken on.  I watched a young girl no more than 20 open a half bottle of whiskey on the way down to Dublin ... like WTF!

Whiskey makes your frisky.   ;)