AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 03, 2017, 08:48:57 AM
And things have certainly gone down hill now. Can we have the sensible posters back please

Often these sort of sanctimonious posts are more annoying that the posters who are clearly on the wind up. If you have a postive contribution to make which will take the thread on another direction then feel free!
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Anyone want to take a stab at what they think the teams will be?

I think we could see Mcclure coming in for Mulgrew and Connall McCann moving to WHF.
Hard to see  Harte making many other changes.
Sean Cavanagh is probably lucky to hold on to his position, given his current form, but you always feel he is capable of pulling a big game out of somewhere.

Personally , I would like to see Ruari Brennan starting ahead of McRory, but he seems to be a favourite of Hartes , so that is unlikley.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 03, 2017, 09:14:12 AM
Anyone want to take a stab at what they think the teams will be?

I think we could see Mcclure coming in for Mulgrew and Connall McCann moving to WHF.
Hard to see  Harte making many other changes.
Sean Cavanagh is probably lucky to hold on to his position, given his current form, but you always feel he is capable of pulling a big game out of somewhere.

Personally , I would like to see Ruari Brennan starting ahead of McRory, but he seems to be a favourite of Hartes , so that is unlikley.

Feel the same about Brennan for McRory.  Feel Brennan has to be in there somewhere.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ethan Tremblay

Enjoyed reading that piece by Grimley.  As time passes you truly forget how good the rivalry was between these two teams at their most dominant and anytime a game of this magnitude comes along those feeling reignite. 

Who will be the matchups in this match?
I reckon:

Clarke/Mc Carron
Shields/Harte(Tyrones best player imo)
Donaghy/Cavanagh
Vernon/Donnelly
Morgan/Bradley
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Taylor

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on August 03, 2017, 09:22:54 AM
Enjoyed reading that piece by Grimley.  As time passes you truly forget how good the rivalry was between these two teams at their most dominant and anytime a game of this magnitude comes along those feeling reignite. 

I reckon:

Clarke/Mc Carron
Donaghy/Cavanagh
Vernon/Donnelly
Morgan/Bradley

McCarron will follow Clarke out the field if he goes there. If he stays inside expect CC will provide additional cover however we need to be careful of his dummy runs pulling CC too far out. Without Collie at the edge of the square we are vulnerable.
Harte would be far too strong for Shields
Sean has been quiet recently so would be really happy to see Donaghy on him. Take him out of the game as he was one of Armaghs most influential players
Vernon could not stick with Donnelly - he was your weak link Saturday
Expect Morgan to be sent off or at least a black card if he has to mark Bradley

tonto1888

Quote from: Taylor on August 03, 2017, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on August 03, 2017, 09:22:54 AM

I reckon:

Clarke/Mc Carron
Donaghy/Cavanagh
Vernon/Donnelly
Morgan/Bradley

McCarron will follow Clarke out the field if he goes there. If he stays inside expect CC will provide additional cover however we need to be careful of his dummy runs pulling CC too far out. Without Collie at the edge of the square we are vulnerable.
Harte would be far too strong for Shields
Sean has been quiet recently so would be really happy to see Donaghy on him. Take him out of the game as he was one of Armaghs most influential players
Vernon could not stick with Donnelly - he was your weak link Saturday
Expect Morgan to be sent off or at least a black card if he has to mark Bradley

I thought Vernon had one of his better games on Saturday. The reason being he wasn't playing on the square. I'd be happy with him on Mattie Donnelly as it allows him to be out the field more where I feel he is better

Fuzzman

That's great news about McAliskey and a very fast recovery from such a bad injury.
Surely it would be madness though to risk him this year, even in the Dublin game (sorry I know the Armagh wans love us looking ahead so I'm just giving them what they want to read)

Was a bit disappointed nobody replied to my post about Tyrone only conceding 5 points in the first half in each of their games so far and then pulling away in the 3rd quarter. Often it means the final quarter is almost a warm down and we let the other team get a few easy scores.

I think Mickey likes to hold a few fast defenders like Rory Brennan back for the second half to inject a bit more speed and urgency into the team in that 3rd quarter to push them through. He knows that period will be crucial against the Dubs and I feel that's his target all year. Of course it's risky to plan that far ahead but as someone already said we've blasted away all other teams before us to date.

I can see Mickey name the same team again though I would love to see McClure in from the start. No harm to Conal, he seems a nice lad and he is a good player but he seems to lack urgency and always seems in 2nd gear unlike Tiernan who works hard all game.

It looks like Meyler, McCurry and McShane have all fallen down the pecking order a bit. I think young Mulgrew has done just OK for one so young and is a big strong lad but do others think he's done better than say McCurry or others.
I wonder is Richie Donnelly near getting a starting place again instead of Mulgrew or maybe we'll see him come on as a sub. Ronan McNabb is another one who seems to have lost out big time this year.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 03, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
That's great news about McAliskey and a very fast recovery from such a bad injury.
Surely it would be madness though to risk him this year, even in the Dublin game (sorry I know the Armagh wans love us looking ahead so I'm just giving them what they want to read)

Was a bit disappointed nobody replied to my post about Tyrone only conceding 5 points in the first half in each of their games so far and then pulling away in the 3rd quarter. Often it means the final quarter is almost a warm down and we let the other team get a few easy scores.

I think Mickey likes to hold a few fast defenders like Rory Brennan back for the second half to inject a bit more speed and urgency into the team in that 3rd quarter to push them through. He knows that period will be crucial against the Dubs and I feel that's his target all year. Of course it's risky to plan that far ahead but as someone already said we've blasted away all other teams before us to date.

I can see Mickey name the same team again though I would love to see McClure in from the start. No harm to Conal, he seems a nice lad and he is a good player but he seems to lack urgency and always seems in 2nd gear unlike Tiernan who works hard all game.

I think even the most hopeful of Armagh fans realise this is a step too far for us. I'm hopeful by for a good performance. One which will set us up for another few years of a good rivalry.
I'd be happy to see McCann not start. I think he's a fabulous player and has certainly wises up since hairgate. Note, I reserve he right to change my mind on that come Saturday evening

DuffleKing

Jesus. 37 pages and it's only Thursday and we have the postmortum to come...

StGallsGAA

All joking and sledging aside lads, I hope Tyrone and Armagh fans can travel home on the train without incident regardless of the result.    While the rivalry was intense in the noughties the train home was always civilized.   There's a lot more young, loutish headbangers following the GAA now in general who can't seem to distinguish that what goes on at a soccer match has no place in GAA.   Let's not be behind the door reminding them of that for the good of the CLG!

omagh_gael

We really are in a good position around the HB/MF/HF line at the minute in Tyrone. I still think we're a big strong FF (like McBrearty) and a really tight man marker short of an AI.

Would have loved to have seen big Dan McNulty show what he could offer in the FF line. Clonoe are flying at the minute and putting up huge scores. Hopefully, he gets a chance next year and himself and Harte sort out whatever is causing the problem  (if there even is one).

StGallsGAA, are you sure there are more young, loutish fans or are you ten years older and grumpier :)

Fuzzman

I mean Conall McCann at midfield not Tiernan at wing back who was Hairgate.

The thing that has surprised me the most about the Armagh fans on this thread is how times have changed and how they would much rather have an open game of football than a hard tough physical battle.
It says a lot for both teams how they've changed their style of play from the 2000s.

I'm expecting Armagh to be surprised how hard it will be for them to pick off scores in the first 35 mins but of course they'll probably score 3 goals now.  ;D

Yeah StGallsGAA, maybe take a spare T-shirt with you for the trip home and a large set of headphones.
I hope you don't have to deny knowing Mickey Harte 3 times.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 03, 2017, 10:46:02 AM
I mean Conall McCann at midfield not Tiernan at wing back who was Hairgate.

The thing that has surprised me the most about the Armagh fans on this thread is how times have changed and how they would much rather have an open game of football than a hard tough physical battle.
It says a lot for both teams how they've changed their style of play from the 2000s.

I'm expecting Armagh to be surprised how hard it will be for them to pick off scores in the first 35 mins but of course they'll probably score 3 goals now.  ;D

Yeah StGallsGAA, maybe take a spare T-shirt with you for the trip home and a large set of headphones.
I hope you don't have to deny knowing Mickey Harte 3 times.

Ah right. For th first time in quite some time I'm happy with our midfield. They're not the finished article yet but they are good. Hope they show that on Saturday

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jayop on August 02, 2017, 04:49:16 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.

Nonsense. Anything less than a 1 point win will be a failure. At this stage getting through is all that matters.
Lol sure you're mates on here expect a 20 point drubbing.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 10:46:55 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Yous Armagh ones are losing the run of yourselves.

Just be glad you're sharing the same stage as your illustrious neighbours and pray you don't get obliterated.
Far from it, but you might live to regret these intemperate comments. Most Armagh fans know that Tyrone are red hot favourites and at a further stage of development than we are. Anything less than a 4 point win for Tyrone will be a failure for you, that or better is progress for Armagh.

Nonsense. Anything less than an 8 point win is a failure. Armagh are a team that couldn't get out of divison three, rely on a flat-track bully like Clarke who goes missing against decent teams and then heads off on holidays, and McKeever who comes off the field with grazed knuckles.
The Tyrone Tony!