AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2017, 12:40:55 PM
I hate being that first game of a double bill in croker. It's always low key with zero atmosphere as loads of fans are happy to watch it in the pub and it affects the game I think.
There was a very poor atmosphere for the Galway game yesterday whereas the Rossies were roared on by  the huge crowd for the second game.

Dublin fans haven't been showing up in their usual numbers this year so far and I would say there could be less at this game than you think. For those who will show, you don't know much about the Dubs if you think they will come in early to watch what they would call Nordern Muck

Yeah, keep focusing on big Sean. He's our main man and everything still goes through him.

Seemed to be huge queues online for tickets this morning and the allocation sold out. The dubs are more picky about the games they attend now but brought big crowds to the Leinster final and league final. I'm sure they'll show up in good numbers for a division one ulster team.

Armagh had about 15000 there on Saturday and will bring more this time. Tyrone will bring something similar. Monaghan I'm sure will bring near 10000. Throw in a few neutrals and the dubs will have a squeeze on to get their usual numbers. I'd say by time first game starts there'll be a big enough crowd in and it'll be a lot noisier than yesterday where the first two teams had little support.

Taylor

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 31, 2017, 01:43:37 PM
3 teams cheering against the Dubs, the way we like it. It shall be remembered.

A good day out all the same. . . . . . . . . .

I wont be cheering against the Dubs - quite the opposite.
Great team to watch when in full flow.

Monaghan on the other hand are pure trash to watch and the less said about their supporters the better

vallankumous

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 31, 2017, 12:19:01 PM
How are tickets allocated for this? Surely each county should get the same allocation
The Dubs should not get more than anyone else. Fair enough if they buy them online

Also Dublin always get allocated the home dressing room at Croker - but that should change on Saturday as only one county pips them in alphabetical order - Ard Macha

There is no home dressing room in Croker.

illdecide

I agree, I reckon the dubs may have slept in here and won't have realised how many of us Ulster men have already snapped up the tickets. I would say Tyrone & Armagh will bring the guts of 40000 between them and if you factor Monaghan bringing 7500-10000 it won't leave the Dubs with much. I reckon there'll be 60000 in for first game...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

twohands!!!

Jeez you'd swear Armagh had absolutely trampled over Kildare the way some are going on.

They narrowly pipped a Kildare team who only had a very average performance.

TheGreatest

Quote from: vallankumous on July 31, 2017, 02:11:58 PM
How are tickets allocated for this? Surely each county should get the same allocation
The Dubs should not get more than anyone else. Fair enough if they buy them online

Also Dublin always get allocated the home dressing room at Croker - but that should change on Saturday as only one county pips them in alphabetical order - Ard Macha

And its not true, another common myth to beat the Dubs with, its done on Alphabetical order, and to be honest im not sure if its done in English or Irish = B or D but in most cases the Dubs would come before other counties.

Also re tickets, don't forget the Dubs have approx. 12K season ticket holders between GAA one and Parnell park pass, does not include club allocation or bought online.

Its going to be tight.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 31, 2017, 02:18:23 PM
Quote from: vallankumous on July 31, 2017, 02:11:58 PM

And its not true, another common myth to beat the Dubs with, its done on Alphabetical order, and to be honest im not sure if its done in English or Irish = B or D but in most cases the Dubs would come before other counties.

Also re tickets, don't forget the Dubs have approx. 12K season ticket holders between GAA one and Parnell park pass, does not include club allocation or bought online.

Its going to be tight.

It's hard not to be sceptical that the alphabet is done to favour the dubs. Like why should one county such as the dubs always get any slight advantage over another county say Tipperary because they come first in alphabet. It's not in any way even and would always favour the dubs. Surely a much fairer system would be to toss for it when fixtures announced? I can't see any issue or negatives with that.

armaghniac

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 31, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

I suppose that is why the Dubs have a vested interest in Antrim failure, and there is no sign of investment in Belfast as there has been in Dublin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

The way it's been done and as far as i'm concerned it's still the case the two teams on first in a double header use the changing rooms under the Cusack Stand and the two teams on 2nd use the changing rooms under the Hogan Stand...which are normally counted as the main changing rooms.

lenny

Quote from: illdecide on July 31, 2017, 02:12:55 PM
I agree, I reckon the dubs may have slept in here and won't have realised how many of us Ulster men have already snapped up the tickets. I would say Tyrone & Armagh will bring the guts of 40000 between them and if you factor Monaghan bringing 7500-10000 it won't leave the Dubs with much. I reckon there'll be 60000 in for first game...

You'll be lucky if there's 20-25k in for the first game. Overall I would expect a crowd of 60-65k with the majority drifting in towards the end of the first game.

illdecide

Quote from: lenny on July 31, 2017, 03:07:12 PM

You'll be lucky if there's 20-25k in for the first game. Overall I would expect a crowd of 60-65k with the majority drifting in towards the end of the first game.

Nat at all...

omagh_gael

You're a bit slow on the aul uptake there. All tickets are sold out at present, there may be some later in week after clubs get sorted but this will be a sell out.

edit: infact this has just popped up on GAA ticket site:

THERE ARE NO TICKETS ON GENERAL SALE HERE AND WE DO NOT EXPECT ANY MORE TO GO ON SALE AT THIS POINT.

armaghniac

This is an analysis based on Derry support levels!! Not valid.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TheGreatest

Lads, come on, be logical when it comes to the dressing room thing please.

I don't want to pollute the thread with this, ill bow out quietly, should be a good game.

Taylor

Anyone know how many tickets went on sale this morning?

Heard there were serious queues in some shops this morning for them