AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

At least your honest BennyCake. I'd say if I was in Armagh's boat I'd be feeling something the same. I certainly would not want Derry winning any more but doubt I'll be lying awake worrying about that for a while yet.

I'd love a Tyrone v Mayo final this year, just for the novelty of it.

BennyCake

My ideal novel final (if we don't make it) would be Roscommon v Monaghan. Something new. You get fed up looking at the same aul shite.

illdecide

Could it be an Armagh v Down final (Jasus did i really type that :-[)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

take_yer_points

Quote from: BennyCake on July 25, 2017, 02:20:14 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 22, 2017, 11:55:47 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2017, 11:53:01 PM
The whole country bar maybe  Derry will be cheering for Tyrone if they play the Dubs

A lot of Armagh ones would be supporting the Dubs too I reckon.... Stew being one of them... He detests Tyrone. 😹😹😹

I'd actually support Tyrone if it was a QF meeting. Then I'd shout for Tyrone's opponents in the semi. Wouldn't like to see Tyrone reach a final because they might end up winning the feckin' thing! Couldn't stomach Tyrone in a final, And the AI final is a great occasion as long as those Blue hoors aren't on the hill.

If it's a Tyrone Dublin semi, that's a tricky one. I suppose I'd be hoping for Omagh Part 2. That they cut the f**k out of each other, and it's so bad that both are thrown out of the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHs5Z0ItIco

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2017, 02:39:54 PM
At least your honest BennyCake. I'd say if I was in Armagh's boat I'd be feeling something the same. I certainly would not want Derry winning any more but doubt I'll be lying awake worrying about that for a while yet.

I'd love a Tyrone v Mayo final this year, just for the novelty of it.

Been contemplating that and I don't think I would want it. Mayo can't lose another final, they just cant. The law of averages would kick in and tyrone would suffer as a result.
Then again tyrone are overdue a win against them after championship and league in the last 12 months.

straightred

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
Don't know how anyone could say Galway beating this year's Donegal was a surprise!!!!

I could for 2 reasons. Firstly the formline isn't good for losing provincial finalists and secondly I thought that Donegal could get some of their league form back. I was wrong but there you go.

tonto1888

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 23, 2017, 08:52:18 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 22, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
TBH Tyrone are the best team in Ulster but i think this result to Donegal today is making you lot sit up and take notice, maybe your not as far down the road as you think, maybe you are and Donegal were just pure dung.
Prob a bit of both tbh, Tyrone won't win the All Ireland but are still Ulster's best chance of doing so. If Armagh were to beat Kildare (a big if) I certainly wouldn't be quaking in my boots having to play Tyrone either and it would be some game too

Using the same logic Tyrone lost by a point to Mayo last year who went on to draw with the dubs, using that logic there's nothing between the teams. In my opinion Tyrone are heading to croke park a better more focused team than last year.

In reality form lines are difficult to work out in the championship. Donegal look like a team that had thrown the towel in after Ulster. Unbelievable how bad they were.

They look like a team who threw the towel in ten minutes into the Ulster semi final

Fuzzman

Will probably go along on Sat to watch our next opponents as I won't see them in the quarterfinal.
It would be nice to get Armagh and I think they will really put it up to Kildare in what could be a very open game of football.

nrico2006

Quote from: straightred on July 25, 2017, 04:26:49 PM
Don't know how anyone could say Galway beating this year's Donegal was a surprise!!!!

I could for 2 reasons. Firstly the formline isn't good for losing provincial finalists and secondly I thought that Donegal could get some of their league form back. I was wrong but there you go.

Donegal didn't make the final though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

Think he was referring to Galway.

seafoid

Quote from: square_ball on July 28, 2017, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

Think he was referring to Galway.
Losing provincial finalists have a dreadful record in round 4
this is one of the reasons Donegal were fancied.

omagh_gael

David Gough down to ref this one. He announced it on his Twitter page alongside a lovely big photo of himself. Some boy.

Joe Brolly first one to reply:

"Good man David, go easy on the cards."

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 28, 2017, 06:51:15 PM
David Gough down to ref this one. He announced it on his Twitter page alongside a lovely big photo of himself. Some boy.

Joe Brolly first one to reply:

"Good man David, go easy on the cards."

Hes some man for one man.

Solo_run

The GAA with have the euro signs in their eyes at the thought of Armagh vs Tyrone at Croke Park

stew

Quote from: illdecide on July 25, 2017, 03:24:24 PM
Could it be an Armagh v Down final (Jasus did i really type that :-[)

Lololololol yes you did but it will never happen in our lufetime bug man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.