Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
John Mac doesn't have much expectation for Armagh according to today's Irish News, he says he's going down to watch the match more hoping than any expectations...I know John you're hyping Kildare up and trying to play down Armagh's hopes but really on their day Kildare are only marginally better so a result for Armagh is not beyond them.

I think that is only a fair reflection of how most Armagh supporters feel. We are playing a top 8 side for a place in the last 8, when our league form suggests we are outside the top 16. Why should we be travelling with expectation, if we get a decent performance most supporters would be happy overall with the championship campaign. I think we need to produce a performance above what we've shown at any stage this year to win this match. It is possible but not probable. 

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
John Mac doesn't have much expectation for Armagh according to today's Irish News, he says he's going down to watch the match more hoping than any expectations...I know John you're hyping Kildare up and trying to play down Armagh's hopes but really on their day Kildare are only marginally better so a result for Armagh is not beyond them.

Armagh has shown some promise in the last game against Tipp. However, they have a long record of good games being followed by bad ones and the present system just isn't bedded town enough to be sure that it will work next time. We were fortunate enough to beat Westmeath, who scored 0-10 against Dublin, half of what Kildare achieved.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Fair enough, when you put it like that...Anyone wanna buy a ticket? :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

I see there are disturbing reports of Westmeath supporters and players being brutalised by their malicious Armagh counterparts (the shadow of McGeeney).
Perhaps a more subtle approach will suffice against Kildare as in "I know where you park your Range Rover"?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2017, 11:58:20 AM
I see there are disturbing reports of Westmeath supporters and players being brutalised by their malicious Armagh counterparts (the shadow of McGeeney).
Perhaps a more subtle approach will suffice against Kildare as in "I know where you park your Range Rover"?

Post this under the dressing room door with the message 'next horse is yours!'

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

brokencrossbar1

That's nasty DH....I held off the Shergar jibe but....oh you're nasty  ;D

Main Street

Orior

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2017, 02:17:28 PM
Shergar?

My labrador wants to be a magician, and has changed its name to Labracadabrador.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Kildare team anyone?
Armagh team announced 9:00am tomorrow morning. Always named on a Thurs nite but now Fri mornings...Whats that all about.

illdecide

1 (GK)   Blaine Hughes   Blaine O'hAodha   Carraig an Chrupain
2   James Morgan   Sean O Muireagain   Raonaithe na Croise
3   Charlie Vernon   Cathal Mac Mhearnáin   Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
4   Paul Hughes   Pól Ó hAodha   Raonaithe na Croise
5   Mark Shields   Marcas O' Siail   An Chrois Bhan
6   Brendan Donaghy   Brendan O'Donnchaidh   Cluain Mhor
7   Aidan Forker   Aodhán Mac Fhearchair   An Machaire
8   Stephen Sheridan   Stiofán Ó Sireadáin   Foirceal
9   Niall Grimley   Niall Ó Garmaile   Na Madáin
10   Ethan Rafferty   Éatán Ó Raifeartaigh   An Ghráinseach
11   Anthony Duffy   Antóin Ó Dufaigh   Na Piarsaigh Óga
12   Rory Grugan ( C )   Ruairí Ó Gruagáin   Baile Mhic an Aba
13   Jamie Clarke   Séimí Mac Cléirigh   Raonaithe na Croise
14   Andrew Murnin   Aindriu O'Murnain   Naomh Pol
15   Gavin McParland   Gabhán Mac Parthaláin   Baile Mhic an Aba

armaghniac

I suppose Campbell is the obvious absence. Ethan Rafferty adds a lot, including a fielding ability for kickouts and so on, I imagine he may roam about a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Did the young lad McKay from Dromintee get injured or was he dropped? Other than that the defense is as good as we can get and midfield is holding their own. Having a few options up front is priceless and i suppose we almost at full strength and can't complain. We'll know very soon where our real level is and if we can compete with the better teams in the Country.

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on July 28, 2017, 10:50:48 AM
Did the young lad McKay from Dromintee get injured or was he dropped? Other than that the defense is as good as we can get and midfield is holding their own. Having a few options up front is priceless and i suppose we almost at full strength and can't complain. We'll know very soon where our real level is and if we can compete with the better teams in the Country.

didn't he come off injured against westmeath