Armagh v Tipperary 15/7/17??

Started by tonto1888, July 10, 2017, 08:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: joemamas on July 12, 2017, 01:39:49 PM
How much different is the Tipperary team in terms of personnel a year on from their great run to the semi-final. I vaguely remember the talk about all the injuries and players taking a year out and that they still managed to progress as far as they did.

We have two massive losses in comerford and Acheson both nominated and unlucky to miss out on all stars, our corner backs MacDonald and shaughnessey from last year are injured (shaughnessey played 1st half against Cavan but went off injured and has been struggling all year) Austin has been out a long time and is just coming back as is quinlivan.....things are clearing up abit but we are still down important bodies. Wouldn't be using it as an excuse if we do lose Saturday though

Oraisteach

Quilivan and 14 plastic cones would be hard to beat.

illdecide

Looking forward to the match, never been to Thurles before and should be a good game. Armagh will go into this game knowing they had the measure of Tipp before and Tipp will go in knowing the beat us playing poorly.
I still believe Armagh play better away from home and will prob have the siege mentality here, match will be nip and tuck and again like last week I'm going for a 2-3 pt win for the men in Orange.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mcklatchee

Quote from: illdecide on July 12, 2017, 07:55:40 PM
Looking forward to the match, never been to Thurles before and should be a good game. Armagh will go into this game knowing they had the measure of Tipp before and Tipp will go in knowing the beat us playing poorly.
I still believe Armagh play better away from home and will prob have the siege mentality here, match will be nip and tuck and again like last week I'm going for a 2-3 pt win for the men in Orange.

What siege?
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

illdecide

There is none, just a siege mentality that some managers tell their players that the world is against them to fire them up...Ohh maybe there could be a seige in Thurles ;)

smelmoth

Quote from: illdecide on July 12, 2017, 10:06:53 PM
There is none, just a siege mentality that some managers tell their players that the world is against them to fire them up...Ohh maybe there could be a seige in Thurles ;)

Hopefully Geezer doesn't tell the lads their tackling and discipline is fine, it's just that the officials are against them. That way lies avoidable disaster

BennyCake

Houl on, is that siege or seige?  ;D

illdecide

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Armagh reached their high water mark last Saturday. I'm travelling with no expectation of a win. Tipp to win by 7 or 8. Hope I am wrong of course.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on July 13, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
Armagh reached their high water mark last Saturday. I'm travelling with no expectation of a win. Tipp to win by 7 or 8. Hope I am wrong of course.

Armagh were lucky that Westmeath's shooting meant that they did not put them away. However, I think Armagh can play better than they did against Westmeath, whether they will or not is another point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

you take er!

Can't understand someone travelling half the length of the country expecting to get beaten by 7/8 points  :o A better team than Westmeath might well have sent us home last week, that said, they didn't. We came out on top of a tight game using our bench to good effect. Hopefully gives confidence and moves us on a little more. I'm hopeful if not confident.

smelmoth

Quote from: you take er! on July 13, 2017, 12:57:35 PM
Can't understand someone travelling half the length of the country expecting to get beaten by 7/8 points  :o A better team than Westmeath might well have sent us home last week, that said, they didn't. We came out on top of a tight game using our bench to good effect. Hopefully gives confidence and moves us on a little more. I'm hopeful if not confident.

Hopeful is the right word. Winning this is well within our capability. Expectant would be over doing it as Tipperary are probably "hopeful" also.

Player for player we are better. We just seem to struggle to get all aspects of our game plan going at the same time

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on July 13, 2017, 01:56:28 PM

Hopeful is the right word. Winning this is well within our capability. Expectant would be over doing it as Tipperary are probably "hopeful" also.

Player for player we are better. We just seem to struggle to get all aspects of our game plan going at the same time

Are we better player for player though?

tippabu

Quote from: smelmoth on July 13, 2017, 01:56:28 PM

We travelled to Cavan thinking we'd lose, delighted we travelled in the end because you never know. This game is a 50/50, should only be a point or two either way but equally one of us could win handy. Player for player who knows, let's be honest I wouldn't be overly familiar with the Armagh team and doubtful most up there would have seen our lads often.