Westmeath v Armagh (Sat 08.07.17) Cusack Park, 7pm

Started by illdecide, June 26, 2017, 09:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on June 27, 2017, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2017, 12:43:27 PM
If Armagh were efficient you would expect them to win. But Armagh are not efficient.

Would you even go as far to say, that they are inefficient?
I would just say McGeeney
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2017, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2017, 12:06:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2017, 11:42:03 AM
The only variable there is that Westmeath will have been expecting a significant beating. They'll have hoped to keep it within 10 points and stick with Dublin for 40 or 50 minutes. But their approach meant, I'm sure, that they realised there was a chance of a battering if it went wrong. Their body language looked like that. They weren't thick or upset at how it was going. More deflated.

I'd say that would be an easier sell. It's not like they were beaten 15 points by Offaly after expecting to win.

Leinster teams expect to get beaten by Dublin and while the margin turned out to be unusually large the result was expected. A much better Armagh team saw in 2008 who a team beaten by Dublin can get their mojo back. Armagh should win, on balance, but Westmeath may still be trying, whereas the likes of Leitrim would not.

Leitrim would give a similar amount of effort as this Westmeath team.

That was one of your most useful contributions, Syferus.

Thanks.

illdecide

Is anyone aware of James Morgan's injury? and how long he's likely to be out for?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Guys do you think it's realistic to attend Celtic v Shamrock Rvs game next Sat (3:00pm kick off in Tallaght) and make it to Mullingar for Armagh game for 7:00 throw in? I know in normal circumstances it is but on match days and traffic is it realistic? (any of you guys know the craic getting out of Dublin and To Mullingar)

Fear ón Srath Bán

That sounds feasible Illdecide, assuming you'd be leaving Tallaght at 5ish, around the M50 to the M4 exit, then an hour to Mullingar.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
Guys do you think it's realistic to attend Celtic v Shamrock Rvs game next Sat (3:00pm kick off in Tallaght) and make it to Mullingar for Armagh game for 7:00 throw in? I know in normal circumstances it is but on match days and traffic is it realistic? (any of you guys know the craic getting out of Dublin and To Mullingar)

Soccer game would be over at 5pm and it should not take more than an Hour and a half to get to Mullingar. You'll be grand! At worst if you are very unlucky you'd miss 10 minutes of the Gaelic Match.

shark

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2017, 10:49:34 AM

You'll make it comfortably. From a Mullingar man living in Dublin.

illdecide

Orior

I'm hoping to get 18 holes of golf in Belfast on Saturday morning , before driving down. Can everyone else just keep out of my way?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

Quote from: illdecide on June 28, 2017, 02:13:32 PM
Is anyone aware of James Morgan's injury? and how long he's likely to be out for?
Knee ligament
He is pushing but medical team more cautious

On this note feel for dyas his knee is fine
But keeps getting calf twinges etc
Would like be to see him in the panel kicking on

BennyCake

Quote from: Orior on June 29, 2017, 09:06:12 PM
I'm hoping to get 18 holes of golf in Belfast on Saturday morning , before driving down. Can everyone else just keep out of my way?

Who do you think you are, the Orange Order?  ;D

manfromdelmonte

40 mins from M4 junction to Mullingar going at legal speed
watch out for the boys in blue with the speed gun at the Killucan exit

bennydorano

Question - If the game happened to be on Sky next Saturday, could I watch that on my Skygo app in Spain, assuming the wifi is good enough, or do they nobble it some way cos you're abroad?

T Fearon

Is your phone connection related to the goodness or otherwise of your wife?

bennydorano