Westmeath v Armagh (Sat 08.07.17) Cusack Park, 7pm

Started by illdecide, June 26, 2017, 09:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Should be a good game and i'd expect Armagh to sneak this one, Armagh will bring a big crowd to the midlands so stock up your bars with Buckfast and extra Garda to keep them in check ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

has the venue been decided as I thought there was a further draw to decide home/away status?

T Fearon

Armagh do not have a good record in Mullingar.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: naka on June 26, 2017, 09:58:40 AM
has the venue been decided as I thought there was a further draw to decide home/away status?

Venue hasn't been confirmed but Westmeath will be at home and it will be played in Cusack Park. Tough draw, only Cavan would have been tougher, needed Wexford or Cavan after yesterday to get us moving again, but at least we have it at home.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

illdecide

Quote from: naka on June 26, 2017, 09:58:40 AM

Fair point, i may have jumped the gun there when i seen Westmeath named first. Sure i can change the title if it's reversed

lurganblue

Not the worst draw for Armagh IMO. Would have preferred a home draw but you cant have everything.  I also had a wee fancy for another match up with Tipp following our league collapse.

Hard to know whether Westmeath will now be completely shot of any confidence or highly motivated to prove that they arent as poor as yesterday showed (obviously Dublin could do that job on a lot of counties).

balladmaker

Quotehas the venue been decided as I thought there was a further draw to decide home/away status?

That's what I thought as well so first out of the bowl didnt give home advantage, instead there was a second draw to determine home advantage?  That's what he said before the draw on the radio anyway.  Maybe the second draw was done there and then and I missed it.

Good pairing for both teams, 50/50.

AZOffaly

Quote from: balladmaker on June 26, 2017, 12:35:46 PM
Quotehas the venue been decided as I thought there was a further draw to decide home/away status?

That's what I thought as well so first out of the bowl didnt give home advantage, instead there was a second draw to determine home advantage?  That's what he said before the draw on the radio anyway.  Maybe the second draw was done there and then and I missed it.

Good pairing for both teams, 50/50.

There was a second draw. It just happened at the same time.

There were 3 pots. The 4 semi final losers in one pot, and the 4 qualifier winners in the other.
They drew a cannister out of each pot, and placed it unopened in the third pot.
Then they rooted around and drew out the home team from that third pot first, and opened both.

illdecide

Cusack Park, 7pm.

Def looks like a night in Mullingar singing Joe Dolan songs :P

bennydorano

I'll be on holidays but I doubt it'll be the primary TV attraction anyway. Wexford v Monaghan will presumably by the choice?

seafoid

John Heslin could go to town on the Armagh FB line.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Targetman

After watching Westmeath yesterday I'd be surprised if Armagh don't win this fairly easily, imagine going to Westmeath training this week, morale can't be good

naka

Armagh defence still very porous
Fermanagh had a few goal chances
They need to close down the middle
For me it's a toss up.

Wildweasel74

Seriously a toss up against a team that shipped 31pts@ if thats where you think armagh are more the pity

Syferus

Armagh should throttle them, to be honest. Might be best for everyone involved as it should force the Westmeath CB to remove Cribbin.