Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 2017, Cill Dara v Áth Cliath

Started by Donnellys Hollow, June 17, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: trileacman on July 16, 2017, 05:43:25 PM
The gaa have made a pure cnut of the football championship with the money they've pumped into Dublin. It's not reached such a low we've to celebrate Kildare getting within 9 points of Dublin. A f**king joke.

I can see the conversation between the money men and the dubs.
"Mr Cluxton. I will give you 25000 euros if you completely revolutionise the game with your kicking. And Mr Brogan. You can have 25000 euros if you practise your shooting extra hard. "

From the Bunker

Dublin won Leinster Minor today!

2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017

Dublin under 21 Leinsters recently!

2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

lenny

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2017, 08:45:51 PM

So in 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016 they didn't win the leinster minor. They mustn't have got as much money pumped in in those years. How many times have they gone on to win the all ireland minor championship in that period?

Jell 0 Biafra

All that extra Dublin money stopped Kildare from taking their goal chances today, and dropping points short into Cluxton's hands, I suppose?

From the Bunker

Quote from: lenny on July 16, 2017, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2017, 08:45:51 PM

So in 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016 they didn't win the leinster minor. They mustn't have got as much money pumped in in those years. How many times have they gone on to win the all ireland minor championship in that period?

Ah you see under 21 tells the real tale! All irelands in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017. Dublin before this period had only one AI in this grade - 2003.

Of course this sudden surge in success is only a fad and will pass.

Donnellys Hollow

At least it wasn't another mauling for our Croke Park wall of shame. Really poor defending for the two goals. Feared we might completely implode after them but to be fair they kept plugging away. Dublin have 20+ top class footballers. We have some fine players who will hopefully continue to develop and improve but if you look at our 15 today, we are carrying a few lads compared to a team like Dublin.

Kevin Feely missing the next game is a disaster. He fielded some great ball. Eoin Doyle played with a hand injury and is to have surgery on it tomorrow. That's our captain and vice captain gone. Cribbin for Feely, Conway to centre back, McNally to half forward and McCormack in the corner.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 16, 2017, 09:02:54 PM
All that extra Dublin money stopped Kildare from taking their goal chances today, and dropping points short into Cluxton's hands, I suppose?
Kildare scored 1-17 today which should be enough to win most games if you are fairly decent at the back....

Jinxy

Credit to Dean Rock for the goal as well.
Calm & precise.
There isn't a keeper in the world that would save that and yet most forwards would put their head down and try bursting the net.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Kildare need to hit that FF with high diagonal balls as a matter of policy from now on.
It's a great weapon to have and it gives you options.
So few teams actually do it anymore that if you get two on two, or even three on two, most FB lines can be got at.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2017, 09:41:44 PM
Kildare need to hit that FF with high diagonal balls as a matter of policy from now on.
So few teams actually do it anymore that if you get two on two, or even three on two, most FB lines can be got at.
Armagh in the noughties were experts at it

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2017, 09:41:44 PM

Absolutely! In Flynn and Brophy we have two men who are over six foot and able to fetch. Equally important they can move when they hit the ground.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Ohtoohtobe

So sick of people talking about the money. Whether it's an important factor or not (I suspect it isn't), it is what it is, and I'd rather talk about the football.
So congratulations to the Dubs posters here, it's a magnificent side, and they're deserving champions.
As for us, I'm hoping the few green shoots we saw today might blossom into something really good around 2019/20, when our better players are in the 26-28 age group.

Dinny Breen

My self imposed moratorium on money is still in place but anyone who thinks money doesn't make you put the ball over the bar take yourself over to any of the €€€€€ threads and we can debate in time.

Firstly and importantly this Dublin team are a proper champion team, They are hard, clinical and smart. While part of me looks at Flynn's 1 v 1 with Cluxton and wonders what if my more intelligent part tells me Dublin would have responded. Dublin were well worth their win and my only complaint is they same joyless and don't actually seem to enjoy winning football matches. Queue a 1000 Dubs to tell nobody cares the enjoyment is in winning.

Kildare Kildare Kildare, Eoin Doyle shouldn't have played a broken thumb is a broken thumb, he didn't look right to me, Conway was poor and Ollie Lyons was off his game too and big Tommy as predicted suffered with the pace of the game. Those 4 are crucial to the defensive side of our game plan so no surprise Dublin functioned well in attack, attack wise we weren't bad, 1-17 against Dublin's blanket was good, could have been another 2 goals and 5 dropped short. Niall Kelly is not functioning in this system we need to tweak as he has a lot more to offer than he is showing. The single most satisfying thing from this game is we didn't collapse and the last remnants of the Jason Ryan era have been banished, but a 9 point defeat is still a 9 point defeat.

We go again...
#newbridgeornowhere

LilySavage

Very acceptable result and performance. Anyone who expected us to beat this Dublin team, first time out, doesn't know much about football. The 2 times we beat Dublin in 98 and 00, the Dubs were at their weakest in memory....some really poor players on those teams. Id say about 3 would make the current setup. Looking forward to the next day...2 big losses in Feely and Doyle possibly but Conway covers centre back. Fionn Dowling may get in to take the frees.