2017 GAA Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 01, 2016, 01:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

I have never before bought a season ticket but am considering it this year.

However, other than the All ireland final ticket guarantee (depending on attendance), what is the benefit of the season ticket?

Personally, I don't think it makes any financial sense to buy it for any county other than the top 4-5.

The cost is €99 which equates to 7 league matches (pre-purchase price of €10) = €70, plus 1st championship match (say €20?)
plus saving of €5 off next 2 champion ship matches. That's €100.

So before the season ticket saves you any money your county has to play 7 league matches and more than 3 championship matches.

Obviously, for the likes of Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal it makes sense as these teams will expect to play more than 3 championship matches each year, but for most of the other counties it doensn't make sense.

As a Roscommon man I don't think I need to be worrying about All Ireland tickets anytime soon, so I don't see the benefit of the season ticket.
Am I missing something?

And for the teams in division 3/4 there is no incentive at all to purchase a season ticket. In fact, for teams like Waterford, leitrim etc, it is likely that the season ticket would be MORE expensive than buying tickets for each individual match.

Rossfan

I'd say I save €10 this year by having the ST. If I had missed 1 NFL game I wouldn't even have that so it's poor enough value now for most of us.
It is handy though as it saves having to go to the trouble of buying individual match tickets.
And sure we might make the Top 8 this year and get to play in the new "Super League".....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: westbound on October 13, 2016, 10:28:54 AM

However, other than the All ireland final ticket guarantee (depending on attendance), what is the benefit of the season ticket?

Personally, I don't think it makes any financial sense to buy it for any county other than the top 4-5.

The cost is €99 which equates to 7 league matches (pre-purchase price of €10) = €70, plus 1st championship match (say €20?)

So before the season ticket saves you any money your county has to play 7 league matches and more than 3 championship matches.

Obviously, for the likes of Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal it makes sense as these teams will expect to play more than 3 championship matches each year, but for most of the other counties it doensn't make sense.

As a Roscommon man I don't think I need to be worrying about All Ireland tickets anytime soon, so I don't see the benefit of the season ticket.
Am I missing something?

And for the teams in division 3/4 there is no incentive at all to purchase a season ticket. In fact, for teams like Waterford, leitrim etc, it is likely that the season ticket would be MORE expensive than buying tickets for each individual match.

even though i think €10 is a massive bargain seeing as it cost €17 a game a few years back . are division 3 and 4 games charged at the same price?.
Apart from allireland tickets the case for Season tickets diminishes every year . even the club+ (caride maigheo tickets ) are not offering an offical garment this year as far as i can see. other years a gillet or rain jacket was thrown in to sweeten the deal.
so from an now you pay and extra €24 euro and save €49 euro less thats a €73 increase in anyone's language
Have we been conned by the lure of allireland tickets which is only going to help 4 teams anyway ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

straightred

Quote from: westbound on October 13, 2016, 10:28:54 AM

Am I missing something?

I (and the wife and kids) have a Dublin one and I renewed. I agree completely that's its not a value for money decision. For me the only justification is the AI ticket but for that to be even relevant then your county would have too a realistic chance of getting there. In fairness sitting here looking ahead you'd say that Dublin have more than a 50:50 chance but you can't say that for many counties. I think that if you get your act together and look in time etc you'll always get tickets for other games. I think it makes sense for Mayo as well as while they mightn't be as strong a favorite to get back to the final you know that if they do then it is very hard to get AI tickets given their large support base.

they do throw the club final in and I usually go. Its easy for me to go though and would I travel up form the country for it - probably not !

Mayo Club 51

Don't forget to renew your season tickets! November 30th is the deadline. Season tickets will be out in time for Christmas for anyone that renews or buys before the 30th.

QuoteRenew your GAA Season Ticket for 2017 and enter a draw for a GAA Hamper!

Account ID: ******

A Chara,

Renew your GAA Season Ticket for 2017 prior to the deadline on November 30th and enter a draw for a GAA Hamper containing:

Tickets for the Etihad Skyline Tour at Croke Park
    Two Premium Level tickets for the AIB GAA Club Finals on St Patrick's Day
    A GAAGO Season Pass worth €140
    Plus more GAA Merchandise

After this deadline any unrenewed Season Tickets will be released for sale.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

http://mayoclub51.com/2017-mayo-gaa-season-ticket/

Rossfan

She arrived yesterday :D
We'll need to lose Connacht Final and get to AI SF to get any value from it this year ( or Laythrum/London could bate us and we go on an unlikely run in the Qualifiers :o)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo Club 51

Hopefully everybody got their season tickets in time for Christmas.

mayo.mick

Has anyone attendance been updated yet? Mine hasn't yet from MacHale park Saturday night.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

mayo.mick

Still no update.
Now showing 0/2
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Mayo Club 51

Mayo season ticket attendances have begun to be updated in the last hour or so. Make sure to check yours!  :D

Mayo Club 51

Heads up for any season ticket holders wanting to go to the intermidiate and junior finals in Croke Park. Season tickets holders can attend for free. Just need your card and entry via Hogan stand, unreserved seating.

AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals February 18th & 19th at Croke Park - ST Account: ********
A Chara,
Your 2017 GAA Season Ticket covers entry to the AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals at Croke Park on February 18th & 19th.
If you wish to attend the club finals this weekend simply present your Season Ticket card for scanning at the Hogan Stand turnstiles. Please note that only the Lower Hogan Stand is open on both days and unreserved seating will be in operation.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office

sam03/05

What's with the email sent out yesterday
Surely if you buy your ticket for £90 then you are entitled
To use it what ever way you want.

They would be better suited to fixing the scanners at gates
And updating the attendance correctly

twohands!!!

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 14, 2017, 02:52:03 PM
What's with the email sent out yesterday
Surely if you buy your ticket for £90 then you are entitled
To use it what ever way you want.

They would be better suited to fixing the scanners at gates
And updating the attendance correctly

The terms and conditions would mean they have the law on their side.

Personally I think these emails are more aimed at any touts or potential touts considering abusing the scheme rather than the case of a lad who is unable to attend a game and passes it off to a friend/family member on the odd occasion.

Throw ball

Seemingly Armagh have the 6th biggest uptake on season tickets despite being a division 3 team and with lower entrance prices. It is highly unlikely that we will worry about having a 60% attendance record for All Ireland final tickets.

It has seemed over the last few years every effort is being made to make the season ticket less attractive. Add to that the fact that you can pay €200 and get the club+ version then not attend a match and still get an All Ireland ticket if your county gets there makes it appear that money is more important than loyal supporters.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on February 14, 2017, 02:28:40 PM
Heads up for any season ticket holders wanting to go to the intermidiate and junior finals in Croke Park. Season tickets holders can attend for free. Just need your card and entry via Hogan stand, unreserved seating.

AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals February 18th & 19th at Croke Park - ST Account: ********
A Chara,
Your 2017 GAA Season Ticket covers entry to the AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals at Croke Park on February 18th & 19th.
If you wish to attend the club finals this weekend simply present your Season Ticket card for scanning at the Hogan Stand turnstiles. Please note that only the Lower Hogan Stand is open on both days and unreserved seating will be in operation.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office

How much are tickets to buy on the day? Can't find it on the gaa website