'Twas 13 years ago today!

Started by T Fearon, September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: rrhf on September 23, 2015, 10:35:06 PM
Quote from: TheClutch on September 23, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM
Sam came home to Armagh! Croke Park officials have only 12 years tào plan the 25th anniversary parade,so no excuse for losing any Armagh stars on the day! ;D

The Armagh team of that era certainly under performed on the All Ireland stage from 2003-2009. I would have thought there was more than one All Ireland in them. What is the feeling around Armagh on McGeeney's first year in charge? Largely positive or negative?
I don't think you can mention Armagh without mentioning mayo in the same sentence.  Perhaps the main difference was the kerry collapse in 02. Unfortunately for mayo kerry never buckled again.

Kerry collapse, my arse!

Armagh outfought them, and Kerry couldn't live with us in the second half.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2015, 12:31:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2015, 12:18:08 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on September 23, 2015, 09:09:52 AM
13 years ago you booked a hotel for the wrong weekend Tony?

The booking was for 13 years and one week ago. Of course he started a new thread and announced it to the Gaa world with all the humility of a Donald Trump at ladies day.

Someone posted a very good transcript of the 'conversation' between Fearon and Citywest. Anyone remember who wrote it or better still have a copy?

Might have been Hardy???
Nah, 'twas O'Neill. It was a youtuibe spoof and it was one of the funniest I've ever come cross.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

tonto1888

Quote from: TheClutch on September 23, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM
Sam came home to Armagh! Croke Park officials have only 12 years to plan the 25th anniversary parade,so no excuse for losing any Armagh stars on the day! ;D

The Armagh team of that era certainly under performed on the All Ireland stage from 2003-2009. I would have thought there was more than one All Ireland in them. What is the feeling around Armagh on McGeeney's first year in charge? Largely positive or negative?

I would say negative. A big letdown. He has a lot to do next year in my opinion

easytiger95

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 24, 2015, 12:51:59 AM

The booking was for 13 years and one week ago. Of course he started a new thread and announced it to the Gaa world with all the humility of a Donald Trump at ladies day.

Someone posted a very good transcript of the 'conversation' between Fearon and Citywest. Anyone remember who wrote it or better still have a copy?

Might have been Hardy???
Nah, 'twas O'Neill. It was a youtuibe spoof and it was one of the funniest I've ever come cross.

Ah, the eaten bread is soon forgotten...

magpie seanie

Yes - it was you Easytiger.

Got a copy???

easytiger95

Ah go on then - Hardy archived it and put it back out a couple of years ago...

Easytiger – Posts: 699 – (11/8/03 17:35)
Reply The Conversation - starring Gene Hackman as Tony Fearon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receptionist: "Hello, City West. How can I help you?"

TF: "Yes, hello? Judging by your accent, you are not from Armagh and may not be aware that on the 21st of September, in the Cathedral we call Croke, a new glorious reign will be invoked..."

Receptionist: "I'm sorry sir, but there are other calls on my switchboard."

TF: "...as the Great McGeeney flexes his manly biceps and lifts the sacred cup above his Bryonic brow, surveying the gathered masses, disdainful of the Tyrone hordes put to flight as once again Sam Maguire makes his voyage north, as Ulyssess once set forth for Ithaca..."

Receptionist: "Sam Magure? You mean the football? But is that not on -"

TF: " And as Joe and his Orange Brigade shall be setting up camp, as it were for the weekend in your fine establishment, accompanied no doubt by such flaming celestial stars as Elton John, Rod Stewart, Jarlath Burns and maybe the boys from End to End, with whom I am of course on a first name basis, or should I say they are on a first name basis with me (giggles girlishly) but I digress! As such may I book a room for myself, my fine maiden, but not my mother, she didn't get a ticket, hard lines, she's not a true fan, for the 20th and 21st of the month of September."

Receptionist: "(to herself) For f**ks sake. (smartening up) Of course sir, we have a fine room for a great rate of €100 for that weekend."

TF: "Splendid! Expect my arrival forthwith! Now I must not tarry as there is a table quiz on in the local hostelry tonight, the prize being an epic trip to historic Bunratty Castle for two nights, breakfast included -"

Receptionist: "(hanging up) I'm not paid enough to listen to that shite. I hope I'm off that weekend."

The Conversation 2 - starring Krusty the Klown as Tony Fearon

Receptionist: "Hello City West?"

TF:" Due to the machinations of a GAA administration that is too far removed from the grassroots that sustain it i.e. me, the All Ireland Final has been rescheduled a week later than promised, almost as if the very thought of good, honest Armagh men cavorting with Sam was too hard for the faceless grey suits to bear-"

Receptionist: "Sir, you got the dates wrong and now you want to change your reservation to the following week, is that right sir? And tell the truth."

TF: "...yes."

Receptionist: "We have no rooms available for that weekend and we do not refund on cancellations. Is that alright sir?"

TF: "...yes."

Receptionist: "Goodbye sir.(hangs up) Plank."

armaghniac

One of the funniest things ever on this board.

So it was Hardy who archived it; you'd know he hadn't scripted it as there is a comma missing in the 6th paragraph.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Stew posted a while ago that he watches the video every so often- I thought that said so much about what that one win meant, even if the team coud have won more . Fermanagh got in the way of course.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 24, 2015, 04:16:45 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 24, 2015, 12:51:59 AM

Might have been Hardy???

Ah, the eaten bread is soon forgotten...

Lar is talking about a different yoke involving a technological slant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

easytiger95

Don't be shy O'Neill - post it if you have it.  ;)