GAA Special Bets for the Football Championship

Started by Lone Shark, April 26, 2007, 02:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Right, I'm back, so I can go through these one by one......

(1) Bets are available online, just go to GAA - Tournament Betting - Specials. Shops will quote you, but they'll have to ring up - screens wouldn't be capable of scrolling this amount of information. Alternatively you can call the telebetting - 1800 777 888. (Apologies for the plugging once again!!) - it would help if you mentioned to the operator the above path to find them all. From a purely selfish point of view, it's much better for me if ye go on the phone or net.

(2) Provincial minor is a bit of a big ask - after all most teams haven't even played yet. I have nothing to go on with these, so I'll need to see each team play at least one game before I'll be pricing that.

(3) All Star Quotes - 16/1 Coulter, 8/1 Ronan Clarke. I'll get back to ye on the Nicky Rackard.

(4) I'm aware my phrasing is appalling - incidentally I meant Caffrey to be photographed on duty for the guards, like last year, just in case there is any ambiguity there.

Anyway, keep the questions coming, or better yet, the bets.....   ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote10/1      Fergal Wilson to score a point TV cameras subsequently prove to be wide

:D Talk about not harbouring any grudges...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SimpleSimon

Gd work lone shark but im a keen punter and i like to see the bookmaker offering both sides of an outcome.
EG AN Other to recieve an allstar. Can u offer me a price that a player wont get an allstar or wont make the quarter finals etc etc. I think some of your prices are very short. thats why i want the other side to bet on it.

Down To draw a match EVS. Wat price not to draw a match etc etc

Lone Shark

It depends - it's feasible on some events, it's not really on others. I can't really offer not to win an All Star except at ridiculous prices, because to do so would be an invitation to people who are prone to inside information such as a guy that has just got an injury. Much the same as you won't get a bookie offering prices on horses not to win etc.

Regarding the other specials, well ask me for a price and I'll do my best. Obviously some of them are more designed to be novelty specials (The Fergal Wilson example) but I'll certainly see what I can do. Feel free to use private message if you'd prefer, either way.

criostlinn

Betting suspended on david brady to start a championship match at 2/1. Must have been a few bets on this

Lone Shark

Unsurprisingly his run at the weekend has changed matters somewhat. I picked a bad day to be off yesterday. I may have to call in the snipers.

Bainisteoir

Any odds on another armagh player suffering a knee injury  ;)

SimpleSimon

Loneshark, any word on the hurling prices you mentioned?

SimpleSimon

Any progress on the hurling? Christy ring and nicky rackard competitions?

corn02

Nice work Lone Shark,

Benny Coulter 25/1 top goalscorer is a value bet. Unless I read wrong?

oakleaf stateside

Derry 2 be knocked out before bradley is back 5/1 very good bet. does that include the back door?? :-\
Dont Do It

Lone Shark

I had Coulter at 25/1 there for a while, but a few lads have got on in the last few days, so 16/1 now. Doesn't take much money to run up big liability at those prices I'm afraid.

Oakleaf, that Bradley bet does include the backdoor certainly - otherwise it would have been 5/1 on Derry not to reach the Ulster Final - a quite generous price that would be all right .....  ;)

Simple Simon, you have my heartfelt apologies for being so slow on this. I've got bogged down in a lot of election betting over the last few days, both pricing and media stuff, so I've been chasing my tail for a while. I'm still working on the county by county specials, but I've done up my prices on the Ring and Rackard Cups - I've added them to the specific thread on those competitions, as well as here. Apologies if you were expecting something similar to last year's 7/2 on Derry, I'm afraid I wasn't involved back then - at leastnot in the pricing.....  ;)

(Now I'll have spoken too soon and there will be another wojious rick somewhere...... :'()

I've had some horror stories trying to put excel sheets into this board, so I'm going to try a print screen/bitmap effort instead - here goes nothing ......

Lone Shark

Here goes nothing is right.

Just follow this link .... I'll put up the link to ladbrokes site tomorrow when it gets uploaded.

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_sports?action=go_generic_link&level=TYPE&key=210001631&disp_sort_id=29&category=SPORTS&subtypes=

Stranworst

Lone Shark any odds on it being a Down Donegal Ulster final??

Just gt the odds on the two reaching the final and use it in a double or is there a special price??

Lone Shark