County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Jasus Syfīn I'm inclined to agree with a post of yours :o
I think Oliver's low opinion of FO'D is well known at this stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2017, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2017, 09:58:29 AM
Fergal O'Donnell?

Yes. Dispatches mention him. He has form in Longford - managing local club, Killoe, of late. Also another North Longford club's manager is being eyed but I think there would be major resistance from the club to pull this Cavan lad away - where he guided them to their first Championship since 195something (as well as a Leinster club semi-final)
It can only be Mullinalaghta.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2017, 07:47:03 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0716/890697-mcgrath-reveals-reasosn-for-shock-fermanagh-departure/

Fair play to him for going rather than staying on where he's not wanted. I doubt he'll be short of offers if he wants to get involved with another county

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2017, 09:40:33 AM
Longford will prob also be on the lookout as Denis Connerton is expected to step down as he has just retired as a school principal and may be travelling. Few names being mentioned.....
didn't know that.
happy retirement to him!
a gentleman

Orior

I'd say that Pete McGrath could do a good job for Derry, Antrim, Cavan or even Mayo.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

T Fearon

Time for Pete to shuffle off the stage.You're only as good as your last game/season and Fermanagh's in both cases were crap.He is past it,in any case Liam Bradley did a far better job with Antrim a few years back and never got another county job.

twohands!!!

Creedon gone from Laois

QuoteDeparting Peter Creedon hits out at Laois rumour mill

Thursday, July 27, 2017 Damian Lawlor
Peter Creedon and his Laois management set-up have decided not to seek reappointment for the 2018 season.

Creedon and his backroom team, who oversaw huge progression with the Tipperary footballers before joining Laois, spent just one season with the O'Moore County.

On stepping down, Creedon expressed annoyance at media reports that there had been a drink culture among his squad.

"Although we had the support of the county board executive and the Laois players, we feel staying on would be divisive for the county, given the nature of a recent board meeting," he said.

"This type of generalisation of there being a drink culture in the squad is deeply unfair and divisive given that we were aware of only one incident where three players were absent from an early training session on Easter Monday," Creedon stressed.

Creedon also refuted suggestions that management were aware of players drinking in the days before games.

"The management were not aware of this issue and, in recent discussions with players, we found they were at a loss to explain or substantiate such rumours.

"If anyone has the names, dates, times, and venues of these alleged discrepancies, we would be grateful if they would furnish them immediately to the county board chairman."

The management team accepts that it was a disappointing season — they were relegated to Division 4 on the final day of the NFL and ultimately bowed out of the championship against Clare.

"It was disappointing," Creedon conceded. "However, inches of a post were the difference to us being relegated or staying up and throughout the league we had a number of injuries to contend with.

"Trying to blood new players proved hard as well — but we accept that results were poor and that an inability to keep 15 players on the pitch ultimately led to relegation.

"The training was upped for the championship, though, and our players responded with an emphatic victory over Longford.

"The improved levels of fitness and spirit in the team and our game-plan worked well on the day.

"Two weeks later, unfortunately, our second half performance against Kildare was very flat.

"We regrouped in the qualifiers and left Aughrim with a second championship win of the year but then Clare proved to be too good for us in our last game of the season.

"Again, I felt our second half showing was again very flat once we were reduced to 14 men."

The outgoing management feel Laois are in the midst of a rebuilding process and believe patience is now required.

"Constant reference to the 2003 All-Ireland minor winning teams back-boning the current senior team is now irrelevant," Creedon added.

"Unfortunately, as we tried to bring new players in, we found a lack of understanding from keyboard warriors, some members of local media and some club delegates. A fairer analysis of results over the last four years will show Laois have slipped and are now playing catch-up with Kildare and Meath, in particular, in Leinster.

"The county board has put in place fantastic training facilities and excellent mentors for the underage development squads.

"If all parties in Laois pull together those investments will pay dividends.

"With a dedicated and unified group of young players they can work their way back to the top," Creedon said.

"We leave with our heads held high. The officials of the county board supported us all year and everything that we asked for was given to the panel.

"We had an excellent medical team, great kit men in Ollie and Pat, and a panel of genuine players who gave huge effort to the cause.

"Maybe the results did not reflect their effort but they gave 100% to all training sessions and games."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/departing-peter-creedon-hits-out-at-laois-rumour-mill-455771.html

magpie seanie

Slightly concerned that I haven't heard our clown has left or been told to feck off.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 27, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
Slightly concerned that I haven't heard our clown has left or been told to feck off.

Harsh.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 27, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
Doesn't seem intent on going of his own accord anyway. Sure who needs a new manager to see what's available to him in club championship, our own advice will be enough  ::)

twohands!!!

From the twitter

QuoteOfficial Donegal GAA‏Verified account
@officialdonegal

Donegal GAA wish to confirm Rory Gallagher has stood down as senior manager. Our thanks to Rory...full statement to follow

Jumped before he was pushed I'd imagine.

Maybe a job switch - Pete McGrath to Donegal and Rory to Fermanagh ????

dublin7

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 31, 2017, 08:30:51 PM
From the twitter

QuoteOfficial Donegal GAA‏Verified account
@officialdonegal

Donegal GAA wish to confirm Rory Gallagher has stood down as senior manager. Our thanks to Rory...full statement to follow

Jumped before he was pushed I'd imagine.

Maybe a job switch - Pete McGrath to Donegal and Rory to Fermanagh ????

Jim McGuinness must be celebrating in China tonight. Never missed an opportunity to stick the knife into Rory Gallagher in his newspaper column. Some real cheap shots. I'd imagine his phone must be going mental with Irish journalists looking for a comment

Rossfan

Cork, Laois, Longford, Westmeath, Wicklow, Louth, Fermanagh, Donegal.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM