Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Actually big Davie was quite astute.Mentionec that GAA sports now covered on Sky and GAA wants to protect its brand etc.Said he wouldn't have tolerate Mc Cann's actions as a manager.

north down

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2015, 02:55:21 PM
Even big David Jeffrey,ex Linfield manager,having a go at Mc Cann in Sunday Life today! ;D He praises GAA for imposing the ban and says soccer authorities should follow suit.

Oisin Mc Conville says the way Tyrone play "disgusts me!"

Oisin wouldn't still be a bit miffed after 2003 (and 2005 and 2008)would he? ;D

T Fearon

He says he isn't and admired what Tyrone achieved in the noughties and wishes Armagh had achieved as much,but he cannot stand the dark arts,and specifically referred to Tyrone's tactical ploy of zonal fouling

jodyb

Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2015, 03:17:27 PM
Even big David Jeffrey,ex Linfield manager,having a go at Mc Cann in Sunday Life today! ;D He praises GAA for imposing the ban and says soccer authorities should follow suit.

O'Rourke poses harte a few interesting questions in the indo today. Very fair and balanced article.
No fan of Tyrone Lenny, but 'fair and balanced' it is anything but!  ::) Simply a continued justification of his stance on TSG and in the midst of it, a flippant shrug/snigger at his own playing past.

omaghjoe

Quote from: north down on August 16, 2015, 05:03:32 PM

Oisin wouldn't still be a bit miffed after 2003 (and 2005 and 2008)would he? ;D

That might be about right, from bandwagon jumping green eyed monster.
::)
Does he think that we dont know he doesn't respect what Tyrone achieved? We all fed into the publicity he gave his book and read it.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

O'Rourke poses harte a few interesting questions in the indo today. Very fair and balanced article.

There is some decent stuff in that article but the idea that the media coverage of Tyrone is fair is simply wrong. I watched back over the entire Monaghan match the other night and right from the start Dara O' Se in particular is pushing an agenda on Tyrone. The first three fouls against Tyrone - which were all clear fouls - are described as the correct decisions, but each time Dara talks about Tyrone's ability to win and draw fouls. This continues throughout the match. The same standards did not apply to Monaghan or indeed to any other team I have seen on TV. This agenda, the packaging of Tyrone as a cynical, dirty, sneaky team, is now quite widespread and without contributes to a lot of the nonsense on this forum. It's only part of what Tyrone are. If pundits want to bring it up, which they are entitled to do, they should do so in a balanced fashion and also apply the same standards to everybody else. This simply does not happen. It's been going on for years.

There's two sides to it of course, and watching back over the game was not always a comfortable experience. Sean Cavanagh took a lot of tough treatment in that match but some of his theatrics, particularly in the closing stages, were ridiculous. There was one instance where a Monaghan man advanced, I think to a hit a free, and bumped into Sean who fell as if he had been shot. Colm too took a ludicrous fall to the ground after minimal contact just after making a magnificent catch. And young McCann had a couple of dives before his infamous fall at the end. I agree with those who say Tyrone must stamp this out, they only leave themselves open to the hysterical accusations on this forum by continuing with it. They didn't need to resort to such nonsense in the closing stages of the game either, Monaghan had run out of ideas and Tyrone should have kicked on and finished them off. By trying to kill the game in that fashion they actually almost let Monaghan back into it. Suggest a lack of belief in their ability to close a game out. Similar tactics would backfire against a better team.

So, lambast Tyrone all you want, some of it is justified, but don't close your eyes to the shite going on elsewhere too.

muppet

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 16, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

There is some decent stuff in that article but the idea that the media coverage of Tyrone is fair is simply wrong. I watched back over the entire Monaghan match the other night and right from the start Dara O' Se in particular is pushing an agenda on Tyrone. The first three fouls against Tyrone - which were all clear fouls - are described as the correct decisions, but each time Dara talks about Tyrone's ability to win and draw fouls. This continues throughout the match. The same standards did not apply to Monaghan or indeed to any other team I have seen on TV. This agenda, the packaging of Tyrone as a cynical, dirty, sneaky team, is now quite widespread and without contributes to a lot of the nonsense on this forum. It's only part of what Tyrone are. If pundits want to bring it up, which they are entitled to do, they should do so in a balanced fashion and also apply the same standards to everybody else. This simply does not happen. It's been going on for years.

There's two sides to it of course, and watching back over the game was not always a comfortable experience. Sean Cavanagh took a lot of tough treatment in that match but some of his theatrics, particularly in the closing stages, were ridiculous. There was one instance where a Monaghan man advanced, I think to a hit a free, and bumped into Sean who fell as if he had been shot. Colm too took a ludicrous fall to the ground after minimal contact just after making a magnificent catch. And young McCann had a couple of dives before his infamous fall at the end. I agree with those who say Tyrone must stamp this out, they only leave themselves open to the hysterical accusations on this forum by continuing with it. They didn't need to resort to such nonsense in the closing stages of the game either, Monaghan had run out of ideas and Tyrone should have kicked on and finished them off. By trying to kill the game in that fashion they actually almost let Monaghan back into it. Suggest a lack of belief in their ability to close a game out. Similar tactics would backfire against a better team.

So, lambast Tyrone all you want, some of it is justified, but don't close your eyes to the shite going on elsewhere too.

Dara O'Sé was on Sky remember.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 09:22:22 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 16, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

Dara O'Sé was on Sky remember.

And great entertainment he was too ;D

nrico2006

When is McCanns appeal?  How long have Finlay and Hughes been banned for?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 17, 2015, 04:16:37 PM
When is McCanns appeal?  How long have Finlay and Hughes been banned for?

Have Monaghan appealed Hughes red card?
That was never a square ball!!