Is the system flawed?

Started by rionach 4, July 22, 2015, 09:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rionach 4

I may be reading this wrong but in the last round of draws , Round 4b I think . Galway were drawn against Donegal and Tyrone got Sligo. Tyrone got Sligo because they had already met Donegal . What would have happened had Armagh progressed( and yes I know we didnt deserve to etc etc) Armagh couldn't have played Donegal either as they had meet in an earlier round. With The 4A rounds already set in stone . What would have happened then.

macdanger2

Esmarelda

And why keep teams apart now and not earlier in the qualifiers?

rionach 4

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 22, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
Open draw as far as I know

Was the Westmeath and Fermanagh game not already scheduled for Breffni before the Derry galway game took place . And Kildare v Cork/Kerry already set only for the replay to stand in the way.

LeoMc

Quote from: rionach 4 on July 22, 2015, 10:49:19 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 22, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
Open draw as far as I know

Was the Westmeath and Fermanagh game not already scheduled for Breffni before the Derry galway game took place . And Kildare v Cork/Kerry already set only for the replay to stand in the way.

Those games were already scheduled as they were in the opposite half of the draw.
2 x 4a teams v beaten Leinster and Munster finalsits
2 x 4b teams v beaten Connaght & Ulster finalists
If Armagh had beaten Galway there would have been a requirement for a draw as both Armagh and Tyrone had previously played Donegal.

Mayo4Sam14

As far as I'm aware they seperate them if possible
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!