Tyrone v Meath round 2 qualifiers 11th July 2015

Started by orangeman, June 29, 2015, 08:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old yeller

Quote from: clarshack on July 11, 2015, 11:56:49 PM
Tyrone made hard work of it today. Morgan and mcaliskey were liabilities tbh. Morgans decision making was poor and the sooner Mickey O'Neill is back the better. Mcaliskey was having a shocker and was even lucky to put one over from 21 yards Off the ground. In the warmup he was banging 45's over no probs. Also Peter Harte was poor up until he scored 1-1. Sorry but not sure if Richie donnelly is up to county level. Positives were that Mark bradley was superb and tiernan McCann made a big difference when he came on. Tyrone have still enough to get through next round but that is as good as it will get.
Funny statement that!  He was poor up until he was brilliant?

tyroneman

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-take-split-decision-after-toe-to-toe-cracker-with-meath-1.2282033

Feck, this is the best case of ...if a game gives you lemons, make lemonade .......I've seen yet.

A 'toe to toe' cracker apparently.

I must have been at a different match

Sea The Stars

Is there anywhere to re-watch the game in full? I'd be very curious to see what led to Eamonn Wallace going off.

clarshack

Quote from: Old yeller on July 12, 2015, 03:20:18 AM
Tyrone made hard work of it today. Morgan and mcaliskey were liabilities tbh. Morgans decision making was poor and the sooner Mickey O'Neill is back the better. Mcaliskey was having a shocker and was even lucky to put one over from 21 yards Off the ground. In the warmup he was banging 45's over no probs. Also Peter Harte was poor up until he scored 1-1. Sorry but not sure if Richie donnelly is up to county level. Positives were that Mark bradley was superb and tiernan McCann made a big difference when he came on. Tyrone have still enough to get through next round but that is as good as it will get.

mate, he was having a mare and would probably have been hooked by most managers, but then somehow he turned it around and scored 1-1. is that difficult to understand?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Sea The Stars on July 12, 2015, 08:46:24 AM
Is there anywhere to re-watch the game in full? I'd be very curious to see what led to Eamonn Wallace going off.

Hardy was hinting at this yesterday, what is the rationale behind this crap? Completely innocuous and there wasn't a murmur of discontent from any Meath fans around me, it couldn't have been more than 20 yards away from us.

Hardy

Tyrone have been targeting our best players for 20 years. It was obvious yesterday what happened. I was listening to it on the radio, sure.

Teo Lurley

The anti Northern free staters wont like this result. It's just a pity Tyrone didn't batter them.

tyroneboi

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2015, 09:36:21 AM

mate, he was having a mare and would probably have been hooked by most managers, but then somehow he turned it around and scored 1-1. is that difficult to understand?

Old yeller have you never seen a player play poorly them turn it around with a few scores? You mustn't have seen much football if you haven't. You'd see it any club game in the country!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tyroneman on July 12, 2015, 08:18:31 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-take-split-decision-after-toe-to-toe-cracker-with-meath-1.2282033

Feck, this is the best case of ...if a game gives you lemons, make lemonade .......I've seen yet.

A 'toe to toe' cracker apparently.

I must have been at a different match

Was his tongue in his cheek when he wrote that match report?

Old yeller

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 12, 2015, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2015, 09:36:21 AM

Old yeller have you never seen a player play poorly them turn it around with a few scores? You mustn't have seen much football if you haven't. You'd see it any club game in the country!
That was exactly my point

Jinxy

I've actually come full circle on this and I'd prefer if Mick O'Dowd stayed to be honest.
We do need a good S&C coach though, and maybe shake up the backroom team.
Regrettably, I think we have to adopt the Pat Gilroy approach for the next 2 years.
Get the defence right and make ourselves hard to beat.
We have decent options at midfield and we have a bit of pace up front.
We need a run without any major injuries though.
E. Wallace in particular will be a vital part of the gameplan.
Well done to Tyrone on a hard fought win and best of luck for the rest of the campaign.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2015, 09:20:24 PM
Well done to Tyrone on a hard fought win and best of luck for the rest of the campaign.

Fcuk off Jinxy, I've just puked! :P

GRMA a chara ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2015, 09:20:24 PM
I've actually come full circle on this and I'd prefer if Mick O'Dowd stayed to be honest.
We do need a good S&C coach though, and maybe shake up the backroom team.

Regrettably, I think we have to adopt the Pat Gilroy approach for the next 2 years.
Get the defence right and make ourselves hard to beat.
We have decent options at midfield and we have a bit of pace up front.
We need a run without any major injuries though.
E. Wallace in particular will be a vital part of the gameplan.

Fair play to  ye and hard luck!

ONeill

Quote from: agorm on July 11, 2015, 08:23:54 PM
Well done Tyrone. A draw would have been a fair result but an incredibly soft penalty after McCann was taken down, complete overcarrying in the lead up to the penalty which was a complete game changer. Two games in a row in which an incorrect referee decision was a game changer  but it shouldnt have mattered against Westmeath and if we had beaten them then we wouldnt have been in Omagh today.

However Meath in recent years have ran out the last two management teams with no idea of how to replace them . In hindsight getting rid of Eamonn OBrien was a mistake and Banty was not popular with many in the county. If MOD wants to stay on he needs to prove hat he has addressed some of the issues that were persistently evident this year. I would prefer to see an experienced / proven manager take over but we such a person that is a better option may not be available. Perhaps MOD with GG, Darren Fay or similar.

There was no overcarrying.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.