Tyrone v Limerick Sunday 28th June 4pm Healy Park Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, June 08, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterback

Following on from the Donegal game and the club championships - Time to start the journey.  I propose the following team.  I include young Brennan, Meyler and Conn Grugan as I believe they are better than what's there at the min.

Morgan
Cathal Mc Carron
Justin Mc Mahon
Ruairi Brennan/Padraig Hampsey
Ronan Mc Nabb
Mattie Donnelly
Barry Tierney
Colm Cavanagh
Tiarnan Mc Cann
Conor Meyler
Darren Mc Curry
Peter Harte
Conor Mc Alisky
Sean Cavanagh
Dan Mc Nulty

BennyHarp

Quote from: Quarterback on June 09, 2015, 11:02:36 AM
Following on from the Donegal game and the club championships - Time to start the journey.  I propose the following team.  I include young Brennan, Meyler and Conn Grugan as I believe they are better than what's there at the min.

Morgan
Cathal Mc Carron
Justin Mc Mahon
Ronan Mc Nabb
Mattie Donnelly
Barry Tierney
Colm Cavanagh
Tiarnan Mc Cann
Conor Meyler
Darren Mc Curry
Peter Harte
Conor Mc Alisky
Sean Cavanagh
Dan Mc Nulty

Tiernan McCann midfield?
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Jeepers 1/4 back some big changes there.
Why don't you throw on Philomena Begley when you're at it.
A brave man to drop ONeill in goals
Hampseys not gonna make the squad with Harte in charge and do you mean the other McCann or McNulty at MF.
I hear Lee Brennan is scoring frees and 50s from all angles for Trillick

Beantown

Quote from: Quarterback on June 09, 2015, 11:02:36 AM

Morgan
Cathal Mc Carron
Justin Mc Mahon
Ronan Mc Nabb
Mattie Donnelly
Barry Tierney
Colm Cavanagh
Tiarnan Mc Cann
Conor Meyler
Darren Mc Curry
Peter Harte
Conor Mc Alisky
Sean Cavanagh
Dan Mc Nulty

Are you for real???

red hander

I'd stick with the keeper we had v Donegal. He did well enough to retain his spot and Morgan's free-taking of late hasn't been great

Fuzzman

Can anyone name all the U21s who have been brought into the senior squad.

Would Petey Harte not be given another chance at free taker. For me this is one area we have suffered from since Canavan's departure. I think teams know now they can afford to foul us out on the wings.
Hopefully McCurry can get back on track.

Muzz

Quote from: red hander on June 09, 2015, 07:29:31 PM
I'd stick with the keeper we had v Donegal. He did well enough to retain his spot and Morgan's free-taking of late hasn't been great

If you seen him playing for Clonoe at the weekend he wouldn't even make the squad.

Fuzzman

Muzz

Decision making was poor - put the defence under pressure on a number of occasions.  He also kicked at least 4 kick outs straight out over the side line.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

Ronan McNamee has left the panel to head for the states, will be a big loss.

twohands!!!

Was talking to my Kerry source today and he was saying that as part of their warmup a few weeks back the Kerry Juniors played the Limerick senior team and hammered them off the pitch.

He did said that it is a very strong Kerry Junior team this year (and said they will be very hard beat in terms of the Junior All-Ireland) but that this was basically something like their first or second session together as a team but they took Limerick apart.

He was if the opinion that if Tyrone don't cut them to pieces like a hot knife through butter, Tyrone can pack up their tents and go home for the year.

Fuzzman

It seems like ages since we played Donegal and sounds like a lot has happened since that with a good few changes in the squad.

I see from the weekends results there seems to be a lot of high scoring matches. Does this mean teams are attacking more with less focus on the blanket defence or not necessarily.

I'm looking forward to a very different type of game this Sunday but no doubt Limerick will come with a game plan to frustrate us in our own back yard.

Wonder will we see many of the U21s getting a start. I hope to see a bit more of Mark Bradley.

Jinxy

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 16, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Was talking to my Kerry source today and he was saying that as part of their warmup a few weeks back the Kerry Juniors played the Limerick senior team and hammered them off the pitch.

He did said that it is a very strong Kerry Junior team this year (and said they will be very hard beat in terms of the Junior All-Ireland) but that this was basically something like their first or second session together as a team but they took Limerick apart.

He was if the opinion that if Tyrone don't cut them to pieces like a hot knife through butter, Tyrone can pack up their tents and go home for the year.

and blankets.
If you were any use you'd be playing.