Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

On March the 7th 2015 Tyrone make the painful trip back to Dublin to meet the AIG(Dubs) in their own backyard, sorry I mean GAA HQ.

With it being my birthday and us (www.tad.ie) planning a big night on the 6th at the Tyrone owned Lansdowne Hotel, I decided to get this thread started early to give ye all a bit of notice and to book a hotel.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/329662576095/

Noel McGinn and the TeamTalkMag.com team are coming down to stream the night live with us having Charlie Redmond as our star guest on the night to re-live that moment when he wasn't really sent off at all. Charlie has the real story that will put our minds all at rest so we can forgive the poor Dubs for this travesty once and for all and get back to hating Meath and Armagh.

By the way does anyone know Paddy Russell's email address?

Also found this little thread in my research. Where is the one on here?
http://www.hoganstand.com/Clare/MessagePage.aspx?PageNumber=0&TopicID=16827

armaghniac

I suggest deleting the above, any email here will be flooded with spam.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

regal

This match was shown again on TG4 recently and I can remember thinking how sh*te both teams were

Mike Sheehy

It was a heroic win by 14 man Dublin.

Isn't it amazing in Gaelic football the way having a man sent off seems to make no difference. It even helps sometimes.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 27, 2015, 05:38:07 PM

Isn't it amazing in Gaelic football the way having a man sent off seems to make no difference. It even helps sometimes.
I thought that Dub team would never win the all ireland. Charlie Redmond went through hell before he got his medal. They lost big matches to Donegal, Derry and then Down.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyCake

BennyCake

Of course it helps if the player in question doesn't actually leave the pitch.

Jinxy

Especially when he doesn't go off.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

Dubs will be well in the mire if they lose this one.
They are too good to be relegated but could be a last day survival act.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jinxy on March 02, 2015, 06:05:22 PM

Especially when he doesn't go off.

true enough..did he actually touch the ball between the "first" sending off and actually leaving the field ?

An Watcher

Does it really matter if he touched it or not. He occupied defenders who otherwise could have been pushed up the field.  Not to worry though as we got there in the end. Just a pity for some of the players from that team

Wildweasel74

G 20 years later and still cant take their beating, maybe if some forward but peter scored you won the damn thing