Author Topic: GAAGO where are you?  (Read 12464 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: GAAGO where are you?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
Is there wifi in Porky Croky - ie could you watch Diego if the match you were at was dull ?
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

Zulu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »
GAAGO will be operational from 14 June. Until then, all games will be available worldwide, free-of-charge, on the RTÉ Player - starting with Tyrone v Down on Sunday.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »
That's a good price that under-cuts the cowboys currently owning the streaming market. Hopefully there's proper HD streams and archive access coming too - imagine being able to thumb through the last 30 years of AI finals. It'll be a must-have for any GAA supporters outside the country then.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:06:02 PM by Syferus »

midLouth

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
Or if you are away on holidays and don't want to miss a game, a tenner would be worth it. It would be great if they'd develop an app for AppleTV and the likes.

take_yer_points

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
Or if you are away on holidays and don't want to miss a game, a tenner would be worth it. It would be great if they'd develop an app for AppleTV and the likes.

I haven't looked into this too much, but I'm assuming the RTE stream in Ireland will still be free? That being the case, it's fairly straightforward to create a VPN so you end up with an Irish IP address and can watch the matches that way. I'm not sure if there are free Irish VPN services out there but a quick google search threw up a free 3 day trial. In a worst case scenario you can usually pick up a monthly subscription to a VPN provider for €10 which might let you take in a few matches rather than just one.

http://vpncoupons.com/article/how-to-unlock-rte-player-programs-outside-ireland/

I've done this before on the iPad when on holidays and it works perfectly

midLouth

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »
I've used VPNs before, but not everyone would know what they are and might rather just pay the tenner instead of mucking around with something that may or may not work, the free ones I'm talking about.

The next thing the GAA need to sort out is data roaming prices  :P

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
the problem I have is watching the Sunday Game online on the ipad? its always says only available in the island of Ireland but I live in bloody Tyrone, anyone else have that problem...

midLouth

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
the problem I have is watching the Sunday Game online on the ipad? its always says only available in the island of Ireland but I live in bloody Tyrone, anyone else have that problem...

This problem has come up before. You need to contact you broadband service provider, who should in turn contact RTE to resolve.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/features/2012/0320/313109-sport-on-rte-television/

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

Why do people sign up to Internet providers without the least interest in their geocoding policies and then blame RTÉ?
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

midLouth

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »

Why do people sign up to Internet providers without the least interest in their geocoding policies and then blame RTÉ?

Because most people wouldn't know what geocoding is until it becomes a problem.

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
so how do I fix this???

midLouth

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
so how do I fix this???

Open the link I posted and read it yourself.

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
So does this mean the Cavan v Armagh game is being streamed by RTE?

sligoman2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »
Nice job today by rte and the gaa.  The price is fair and it looks like they have done their homework.  Hopefully the streams work well and we don't have spinning wheels and frozen screens.

I think they will have a lot of subscribers so I hope they make sure the service can handle the demand. 
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »
Not as good as free-to-air but an improvement on $20/game in the pub.

I await the uproar from the "grassroots are being fleeced" crowd with great interest.